Weather Talk

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Under mandatory water conservation here. So many leaks, so many people running water to keep pipes from freezing demand is double what it normally would be and the water plant is struggling to keep up.

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
What

the temperature there now
Caper
Screenshot 20240118 215844 The Weather Channel

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's been cold here for a couple weeks hit low 30's a couple days for the highs, -14 for the lowest, lots of single dights lows. Getting ready for Plumbagedon next week when it warms up in the 40's. Disappointed in my Toyota, the outside air temp only goes down to 0* and gets stuck. I'm expecting the birth rate to be high this December. Happy Winter everybody!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It's been cold here for a couple weeks hit low 30's a couple days for the highs, -14 for the lowest, lots of single dights lows. Getting ready for Plumbagedon next week when it warms up in the 40's. Disappointed in my Toyota, the outside air temp only goes down to 0* and gets stuck. I'm expecting the birth rate to be high this December. Happy Winter everybody!
Your going to be busy when the pipes start thawing.
Do you have the wood stove going
Caper

advertisement
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thought I would post this forecast map. Getting serious for NW part of Arkansas. @Smitty335 @Caper Freezing rain is expected over a significant portion of the state late Sunday night into the morning hours on Monday.
Image6

• Wow
Reactions: Mudder and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thought I would post this forecast map. Getting serious for NW part of Arkansas. @Smitty335 @Caper Freezing rain is expected over a significant portion of the state late Sunday night into the morning hours on Monday.
View attachment 415513
I hate freezing rain. We had some today just out of the city. Lots of cars and keeps in the median.
Caper

Reactions: Mudder
T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Saying freezing rain to start tomorrow night here. .1" predicted then it will switch to rain. However with a high of 36, it wont take much of a temp change and we will have a mess.

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@Caper , is this a up-north snow version of a FJ40? 🤣
Regardless, I would like to take it for a spin.
IMG 5362

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@Caper , is this a up-north snow version of a FJ40? 🤣
Regardless, I would like to take it for a spin.
View attachment 415600
Definitely would be harder to flop on its side.
The old FJ was pretty good in the snow
There was a full buss on my moms street that had slid backwards and was blocking the other buses from getting by. I went in front of him and took out my chain and hooked it up to the FJ on the tow hook I had on back, and stood in front of the driver with the other hook in my hand. He said you'll never move it full of people. But you can try.
I hooked him up and tightened the chain, put her in L 2 and popped the clutch with the old 6 ply on her, she dug through the snow and then through the ice and started hopping. Inch by inch she pulled. And once she got going, it pulled that buss full of people about 300' up to the top of the hill. Everyone on the buss was clapping and going crazy. The driver came out of the bus and shook my hand and said, if I didn't see it , I would never believe it. 😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Definitely would be harder to flop on its side.
The old FJ was pretty good in the snow
There was a full buss on my moms street that had slid backwards and was blocking the other buses from getting by. I went in front of him and took out my chain and hooked it up to the FJ on the tow hook I had on back, and stood in front of the driver with the other hook in my hand. He said you'll never move it full of people. But you can try.
I hooked him up and tightened the chain, put her in L 2 and popped the clutch with the old 6 ply on her, she dug through the snow and then through the ice and started hopping. Inch by inch she pulled. And once she got going, it pulled that buss full of people about 300' up to the top of the hill. Everyone on the buss was clapping and going crazy. The driver came out of the bus and shook my hand and said, if I didn't see it , I would never believe it. 😊
Caper
Bus, hahaha

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
It is extremely slick here. The freezing rain came as forecast. School is on a 2 hr delay. My work just went to a 2 hr delay and if you can work from home you are encouraged to do so.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: SWB and Caper
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!