Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Still cant believe how weak those damn things are there

Seriously, I didn't even kit anything. It layed up on 2 wheels and when I corrected it that was the outcome lol

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good Job.
Real nice.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Joeymt33 you make any of them to sell would like to some before a problem comes up

D

DDDonkey

I installed the SATV frame stiffener in hope to prevent this. Has anyone reinforced the upper mounts or has problems with them?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Joeymt33 you make any of them to sell would like to some before a problem comes up

I wish I had time for that kind of stuff, But I don’t. I literally cut this out of a larger piece using a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder with a cut off wheel and then the only other tools needed as a hammer and a vice to bend it. Make a template first with some posterboard.

I have not broken any of those mounts yet but like you I wanted to do this for preventative reasons.

Reactions: ToddACimer
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have a fabricator buddy who is probably going to make a bunch of the stiffners and reinforcement plates as well as shock relocating brackets for the SATV arms. Once he has made them once on his plasma table he will be able to cut them for anyone anytime. Be mid May before he has time to do my stuff though. Has a big Shelby cobra build he is working on.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
nbomar when ur buddy starts making the stiffener brackets post it and I will be first inline to buy a set

Reactions: joeymt33
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I have a fabricator buddy who is probably going to make a bunch of the stiffners and reinforcement plates as well as shock relocating brackets for the SATV arms. Once he has made them once on his plasma table he will be able to cut them for anyone anytime. Be mid May before he has time to do my stuff though. Has a big Shelby cobra build he is working on.

What do you mean relocation brackets for Satv arms? I welded up my holes with some thick washers and got the satv brace kit on the way. Just wondering where the arms need to be moved to?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do you mean relocation brackets for Satv arms? I welded up my holes with some thick washers and got the satv brace kit on the way. Just wondering where the arms need to be moved to?

Relocating the shocks up and possibly in if the CV’s can handle it... I’m taking the highlifter kit off but don’t want my tires to rub so going to put the shock angle back like it’s supposed to be and still get height without cranking up the preload.

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!