P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drove up onto the mulch pile to flex her flexiness...

Travissf

Travissf

Apr 8, 2017
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Getting real tired of this white b.s.

20180402 164102 20180402 165557

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did my 1st valve adjustment, and tried adjusting the clutch cold.

Wanted to do the vales before my 1st ride on the thing. Both were loose, esp the exhaust. I'll elaborate more in this in the valve adjustment guide thread...

But I'm glad i did the clutch again cold. I had always dome my old Foreman hot, as it seems like it made for better shifting, I found my 500 like 3/4 of play, so took it to 1/4 and shifting was very improved, but still occasionally stubborn out of 1st, and somethines had an odd delayed clutch engagement in some gears.

Well, did it cold and found a difference of about 1/8 turn to get the proper free play, but if my test ride is any indication....WOW! what a difference. Snick, Snick, snick...
Not even once (despite my trying to sabotage it) did it hang in 1st gear even cold, and the shifts were clean and quiet, I thought it might change when up to temp, but not on my test ride.

I had kinda resigned myself to the fact that this was going to be a noisy, clunky, sometimes stubborn tranny, but today gives me hope to the otherwise.

JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
Got stuck....Cant see it but high centered on a rock, couldnt back up because of tree....left my saw at home....bad Idea.... Dont have a winch yet so had to call up my son to tug us off the rock. Picking up a winch next week, lol.

IMG 0884

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I did nothing to or with my P5 today, I did however buy some goodies for it that are now on their way to me.

advertisement
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Resecured the center rear lower cage mounting bolts/nuts. Came loose and nuts fell off and were retained by the lip of the mounting bracket. Bolts where still in place but rattling like a diamond back. Replaced my rear light on the right side....victim of a nasty tree assault.

......sat in the shop trying to game plan my rock overhaul....locker, long arm kit and shocks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Did my 1st valve adjustment, and tried adjusting the clutch cold.

Wanted to do the vales before my 1st ride on the thing. Both were loose, esp the exhaust. I'll elaborate more in this in the valve adjustment guide thread...

But I'm glad i did the clutch again cold. I had always dome my old Foreman hot, as it seems like it made for better shifting, I found my 500 like 3/4 of play, so took it to 1/4 and shifting was very improved, but still occasionally stubborn out of 1st, and somethines had an odd delayed clutch engagement in some gears.

Well, did it cold and found a difference of about 1/8 turn to get the proper free play, but if my test ride is any indication....WOW! what a difference. Snick, Snick, snick...
Not even once (despite my trying to sabotage it) did it hang in 1st gear even cold, and the shifts were clean and quiet, I thought it might change when up to temp, but not on my test ride.

I had kinda resigned myself to the fact that this was going to be a noisy, clunky, sometimes stubborn tranny, but today gives me hope to the otherwise.
Looking forward to the valve adjustment guide..Some of us non mechanical guys love them.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Met USFS trail maintenance guy and cleared downed trees, met another P500 on trails and showed the glovebox mod. P500 can definately pull some trees. Mudbusters arrived, instructions say to remove rear fenders to install flaps, hope its not a pain, may just remove the tires for access instead.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!