P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

C

Chooglin

Met USFS trail maintenance guy and cleared downed trees, met another P500 on trails and showed the glovebox mod. P500 can definately pull some trees. Mudbusters arrived, instructions say to remove rear fenders to install flaps, hope its not a pain, may just remove the tires for access instead.
@Mudder could you post some pics of the front Mudbusters after you install them ? I would like to see them from the drivers seat (how much coverage they give) I am still debating if I want to get them !

I have them in the shopping cart but I am having trouble hitting the buy button :)

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Will do, will be interesting to see how the front fits with the rock sliders and extra metal plate I put on the wheel well (glad I did, have had many rocks hit hard).
Follow up. Installed today. P500 - MUDBUSTERS front fender flares

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Met USFS trail maintenance guy and cleared downed trees, met another P500 on trails and showed the glovebox mod. P500 can definately pull some trees. Mudbusters arrived, instructions say to remove rear fenders to install flaps, hope its not a pain, may just remove the tires for access instead.
Remove the little cover in front of the air filter, unhook the tail light connector above right rear wheel.
8 bolts holding the rack and 1 rivet to the air tube and the whole rack and fenders lift off. AFA removing the fenders from the rack if need be, haven't done that yet, so you're on your own there.

Reactions: Mudder
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Purchased a new trailer that will fit both of my Honda's and my buddies foreman. I pick it up Wednesday but the dealer let me take it home to ensure all the machines fit. Now I need to get an adjustable hitch to get rid of the nose dive.
Trailer is an Aluma 8816. (16.5 ft deck). B9465e5040c0628c6e7f1c1c55d50076

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wired in new waterproof switches, one for the bluetooth amp, one to turn on the rock lights in the fenderwells, whip antenna, and speaker lights. Changed out the radiator cooling fan, flushed radiator, cleaned fins, put new red reflective material in the 'Gettin Tipsy' light up sign, and installed a 'PhukDupMudClub' decal on my front lower windshield.

20180407 205302 Screenshot 20180407 205756 Gallery

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wired in new waterproof switches, one for the bluetooth amp, one to turn on the rock lights in the fenderwells, whip antenna, and speaker lights. Changed out the radiator cooling fan, flushed radiator, cleaned fins, put new red reflective material in the 'Gettin Tipsy' light up sign, and installed a 'PhukDupMudClub' decal on my front lower windshield.

View attachment 71240 View attachment 71242

I remember when you were struggling with the roof letters mod, looks BA now!

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I remember when you were struggling with the roof letters mod, looks BA now!
Thanks Trigger! Yeah the roof letters mod was a royal P.I.T.A. !!!!! I like it though. Sometimes i bite off more than i can chew, but it worked out that time. Now my wife wants her P7-4 cage chopped with a custom roof built with lime green reflective letters in her roof...dammit.. lol

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So far today ive done this. Added seat belts for the Takeover. I took my old ones out and tossed them like a dummy figuring id never need them. Ill take these out after the takeover and order stock ones again probably. Well, more to do. Take it easy.

20180408 100918

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I'm working on making a rear view mirror mounting bracket, nothing fancy just a hunk of nylon and bar clamps but it will be 3 weeks before I can actually mount it since the P5 is at the other house unless I bring it back down state sooner.
While the bracket wont be fancy the mirror sort of is, I just hope it works.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Also did this. Added long overdue ammo can storage cans for storage and tools. Siliconed where the bolts go through, so hopefully when i go deep they wont seep water in. Took the handles off the top so i wouldnt have to listen to them rattle. $10 each at Rural King. Theyre even black like my soul, to keep with the color scheme. Takeover is creeping up and im trying to get the punchlist done. Lol

20180408 112613 20180408 112620 20180408 112633 20180408 112645

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I also did this. Ripped my damn passenger seat! It really ticks me off to to highest of ticktivity! Im so careful with these seats. Everytime i weld or grind on this thing, which is pretty much all the time, i take the headrests off and both seats so hot slag wont melt into the seat. I crawled in it yesterday to do some wiring and the little clip thing on the top of my boot that you wrap the laces around caught it and ripped it. I think i yelled every curse word known to mankind and even invented a few new ones. Ok, venting done. Lol

20180408 114124

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I also did this. Ripped my damn passenger seat! It really ticks me off to to highest of ticktivity! Im so careful with these seats. Everytime i weld or grind on this thing, which is pretty much all the time, i take the headrests off and both seats so hot slag wont melt into the seat. I crawled in it yesterday to do some wiring and the little clip thing on the top of my boot that you wrap the laces around caught it and ripped it. I think i yelled every curse word known to mankind and even invented a few new ones. Ok, venting done. Lol

View attachment 71294
Yeah that would make me pull out the one tool I carry with me always, my "magic chant of cuss words" it only helps in that it keeps me busy long enough to calm down so I don't tear anything else up.

Try a vinyl seat repair kit before it gets any worse.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 71294
Cheap seat covers....
....are cheap...
& don't look too.....bad
lol

20170702 091145

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
well the mirror bracket is almost done just needs 2 more holes tapped and lots of grinding/shaping and then some black rit dye.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Also installed all new axles for the Takeover. I think all ive really got left to do is an oil change, and differential flush and fill, and check the lube in the portals. Todays repairs were sponsored in part by Miller Lite.

20180408 172518 20180408 172521

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

So it is a nylon bracket to hold an android mirror with front/rear dash cam and backup cam, gps, wifi and fm broadcaster to go from media on mirror to radio which I'll never use lol, plus a few other features.
My wife is going to get me some RIT dye and the bracket will be dyed either black or red whatever she can get.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

So it is a nylon bracket to hold an android mirror with front/rear dash cam and backup cam, gps, wifi and fm broadcaster to go from media on mirror to radio which I'll never use lol, plus a few other features.
My wife is going to get me some RIT dye and the bracket will be dyed either black or red whatever she can get.
Man that looks awesome! Cant wait to see it all finished and installed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!