P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

W

WBCC

Added my custom winch tag

IMG 0122

U

utahyank

Apr 9, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
I called my Honda dealer in Utah to see if my P500 was in...he said it was supposed to arrive today.....told him again that I wanted a PS kit put on it, and made street legal....good thing I did, because he had confused things and had a winch instead of the street legal......I can drive to many of the Utah trails from my home, so the road thing is important to me.......I am still in my winter home in Arizona, but will be in Utah for the summer in 2 weeks, and will pick it up then.......by the way, I rented a Polaris 900 near Sedona yesterday to ride the red rock trails...the trails were pretty, and the Polaris was a piece of junk.....yeah, the rental places get them beat up, but even so, I am not impressed with Polaris or the Can-Am's I have rented..... looking forward to the Honda quality, and taking care of it.....

W

WBCC

I called my Honda dealer in Utah to see if my P500 was in...he said it was supposed to arrive today.....told him again that I wanted a PS kit put on it, and made street legal....good thing I did, because he had confused things and had a winch instead of the street legal......I can drive to many of the Utah trails from my home, so the road thing is important to me.......I am still in my winter home in Arizona, but will be in Utah for the summer in 2 weeks, and will pick it up then.......by the way, I rented a Polaris 900 near Sedona yesterday to ride the red rock trails...the trails were pretty, and the Polaris was a piece of junk.....yeah, the rental places get them beat up, but even so, I am not impressed with Polaris or the Can-Am's I have rented..... looking forward to the Honda quality, and taking care of it.....
When I bought mine a few months ago, I asked the Honda Polaris dealer, what's the difference between the two? He said... you want one that lasts 10 years or 30 years? Polaris offers more accessories, but you can't beat the quality of a honda.

Reactions: Gassygordo
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
FINALLY....finally....I got back up north to our P5, ERV with some goodies front and rear windshields, rear is installed, red EMP roof installed, under hood storage installed, mirror installed but as I suspected it will need a tweak to the bracket and lastly the honda roll bar storage bag.
If I can stop driving it long enough I'll install the front windshield sunday then head back home.

Last weekend we got 12" of snow and there is still a little bit on the ground 2-3" and ERV does NOT do well in the snow with the stock tires.

EDIT: ERV loaded up finally doing some work even if it is just hauling accessories for itself to the garage.
DSCN0371
need to tweak the mirror bracket and make a filler piece for the top of the windshield and the bottom of the roof.
Accessing the hood storage area will take a bit of work but I do love that SuperATV windshield.

How I left it.......

Last edited:
Reactions: RumpRocket
L

lowtidejoe

Apr 13, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Installed the hard roof, EMP front windshield, and rear tusk fabric windshield.
DAEBA4B0 86D5 4151 8C95 F638F4D346DB
14E4509B 90E8 467E B86D B3FA467C041D

I need to install front winch/winch mount, wheels and tires. Does anybody around Phoenix want to help a brother out? I’ll bring beer.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 73095 View attachment 73096

I need to install front winch/winch mount, wheels and tires. Does anybody around Phoenix want to help a brother out? I’ll bring beer.
Find me a house to rent that will take 5 dogs and i will be out shortly...

I don't like the Viper/Motoalliance brand mount. Leaves the winch low and vulnerable on one side. Prob all the "low" ones do this...

Those windshields will be coming off if you're riding down in the valley much. Need the airflow to keep cool....

Last edited:
Reactions: lowtidejoe
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
View attachment 73095 View attachment 73096

Nice....I decided to suffer with the stock tires/rims for a while longer.....being cheap I just cant see buying tires when I have 4 that hold air.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice....I decided to suffer with the stock tires/rims for a while longer.....being cheap I just cant see buying tires when I have 4 that hold air.
Me too. Those things cost way too much to discard, and it's hard time get anything out of the stockers price wise if you sell them.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Blasted about 60 lbs of mud off of her before heading home from the takeover where I spent an average of 8 hours per day riding for 4 days. Freakin Beat!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh and bought and mounted a new @Chooglin glove box. Thanks Choog! It's great having that extra storage up front for my phone keys etc...That rocks!
IMG 4487

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought the P500 for my wife for Christmas. I've been riding 400 Ex's for 15 or so years and other stuff prior. Yesterday, I took her to a place called Mines and Meadows in Western PA (1307 Old Route 18, Wampum, PA). It is only the second time I've been to it as I just learned of it last year. It was so much more fun doing riding with the Misses though. The P500 could go down as the best gift for our marriage ever. I will try to get some ride pics up soon. Needless to say we had a blast.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought the P500 for my wife for Christmas. I've been riding 400 Ex's for 15 or so years and other stuff prior. Yesterday, I took her to a place called Mines and Meadows in Western PA (1307 Old Route 18, Wampum, PA). It is only the second time I've been to it as I just learned of it last year. It was so much more fun doing riding with the Misses though. The P500 could go down as the best gift for our marriage ever. I will try to get some ride pics up soon. Needless to say we had a blast.

I took some video. I uploaded one to YouTube. It seriously downgraded the quality of the video, but below is a link to it anyway. Not going to claim it is anything exciting, but I can sit and watch riding video's for hours when I'm not able to be out riding.

C

Chooglin

Been to Mines and Meadows many times and it's great for kids as well. We usually camp there and stay for a few days !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mrjeff42
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thought about how/where to mount some light bar cubes :D
Also ordered some of those cheap ass led switches of Amazon, so i'll probably be sweeping up ashes soon.

Reactions: mrjeff42
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been to Mines and Meadows many times and it's great for kids as well. We usually camp there and stay for a few days !

My son "took" me for my birthday last year. He was on his CRF110F and I had my stock 400EX for the trip. It was his first riding park experience so stuck to the main loop and some of the green trails. It was great Dad/Son time. I will get a trip over there sometime this summer to hit the blue & black stuff, but so far I've been pretty happy there. A little over an hour from the house so day trips are easily doable for us.

Have you done the underground mine tour? I think next trip my wife goes she wants us to do it. I'm curious as to what it might be like.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!