P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Today I worked the short bus.

20180607 200631
20180607 200616

How's the old David Lee Murphy song go...

...there might be, a little sawdust on the Honda
But don't let it fool ya, I bought it to ride...

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Been chasing the source of some coolant smell since i bought this thing. Thought i had it ironed out, but after yesterdays work i got another whiff...

...so this time i went pro on it and broke out some tools.

20180608 200809

It proved (again) to be the clamp area on coolant pipe from the t-stat housing.

20180608 200822

I've had this double clamped since my 1st attempt...thought not in this pic. This time i pulled the hose and sanded down the nipple a bit. Actually had some corrosion on it and a light scratch or casting flaw (what i was looking for). Then double clamped again with extra anger. Held pressure, so maybe this time...

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yesterday, I switched out the old stock front rims with my new stock front rims and filled both with quad boss tire sealant and kept the best of the 2 old ones and put my stock tire on one for use as a spare. I also added some grease to the rubber boot just below my steering wheel where the PS connects to the steering wheel which removed the squeaking binding noise it was making every time I turned the wheel. Going riding today!

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
Been chasing the source of some coolant smell since i bought this thing. Thought i had it ironed out, but after yesterdays work i got another whiff...

...so this time i went pro on it and broke out some tools.

View attachment 78207

It proved (again) to be the clamp area on coolant pipe from the t-stat housing.

View attachment 78206

I've had this double clamped since my 1st attempt...thought not in this pic. This time i pulled the hose and sanded down the nipple a bit. Actually had some corrosion on it and a light scratch or casting flaw (what i was looking for). Then double clamped again with extra anger. Held pressure, so maybe this time...

I always get that smell, never ever seen any leaking or any underneath the bike but always get the smell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
780EDA8D 89E6 412D 8C08 67FE7591024D
Actually used soap and water to wash it. Had to find the battle scars and scratches from the Takeover! At least it will be clean for a few hours. Thanks for the mirror info @trigger , liking them better than rear view mirror. Thinking of using the old OEM rear view mirror bracket to mount 2 way radio.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I always get that smell, never ever seen any leaking or any underneath the bike but always get the smell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine was leaking just a tiny bit, probably never enough to actually hit the ground. It's just that the smell of coolant way out in the middle of nowhere is a little unnerving. I have to admit this was way harder to get to seal than it should have been. Don't know what's going on with that?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah im running tube type tires, but im running them tubless, they tend to leak down after a week or so lol. I actually bought tubes for them, and in a total bonehead move, i accidently threw them away when i cleaned out my carport and took garbage to the dump! Lol

Reactions: Dp5hunter
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Rode all day yesterday for the first time since the takeover. Terrible creaking sound in the front end went away with some riding. It was like all the steering knuckles were dry. Still get an occasional whiff of antifreeze now and then but it isn't leaking. Silencer sucked and I took it off. WE on the front was better on 3 clicks. Started out with the rears on 4 but turned them up to 5 at the first stop. Need to mess with them a little more but they're much better than stock and worth getting for the back. I think that silencer made it suck more fuel too. FWIW.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!