P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

R

Rustell

How did you attach the gas can to the Kolpin box? I've got my gas can inside the box at the moment but everything else in there smells even though the container doesn't leak. Did you bolt it thru the wall of the Kolpin box and is there a stronger part of the wall for this?

When I mounted my gas can, I put a piece of plywood on the backside to provide a bit more support... Rock solid. 12th man flag

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
We took ERV out for a 2.5 hour ride through some tight twisty trails before everyone else got out there, lots of fun.
On the way home we just ran the dirt road and opened the windshield up to get max cooling being a warm day I see how the heat just rolls up from under the seats.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Tried out front locker, definitely can tell a good difference. Going to put 75-140w in rear as done on front diff. Cannot hear locker rachet clicking from cab, but do notice a very slight feel in steering wheel when they rachet. Re-centers steering wheel after turn better (Power Steering still one handed).

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Installed the Torq-Masters Torq Locker.

Took clearance measurements for a possible 814 UTV Suspension shock kit.

Installing new winch and over the next week rewiring accessories.

Ad47df2b7163411ef1dafc3943b6ce9e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just tightening and cleaning things up after yesterdays ride. I may have posted something about this cooler before but not a review. Took this thing through RRB and a couple of other rides and have been pretty happy with it. I was searching for something skinny to fit down in the bed and this fit the bill. Made by Rubber Maid and holds quite a bit for its size. There are Youtube videos showing it on ATV's too. I put the drinks in this one with the wet ice and the food in the little playmate with packs so the sammich's don't get wet. Just thought I'd share with the P5 crowd as space is always an issue. Has cup holders too for when you're standing around shooting the breeze.

Cooler

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
When riding with @Remington last weekend, I noticed he had a different type of fairlead on his ride. When I asked him about it he said that the roller types aren't good for the synthetic rope as it can get pinched in the rollers on angled pulls and such. My roller fairlead actually came with the KFI but I read up on it anyway. May be common knowledge to some but I didn't know sh** about it. Found that they are heavier and that rollers can get hot on long pulls. Ordered one of these last night, Hawse Fairlead. Looks BA too! :cool:

Fairlead

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just tightening and cleaning things up after yesterdays ride. I may have posted something about this cooler before but not a review. Took this thing through RRB and a couple of other rides and have been pretty happy with it. I was searching for something skinny to fit down in the bed and this fit the bill. Made by Rubber Maid and holds quite a bit for its size. There are Youtube videos showing it on ATV's too. I put the drinks in this one with the wet ice and the food in the little playmate with packs so the sammich's don't get wet. Just thought I'd share with the P5 crowd as space is always an issue. Has cup holders too for when you're standing around shooting the breeze.

View attachment 80507
Oh lord, and
There was a lot of breeze shooting around on Saturdays ride that’s for sure :rolleyes::D

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Tried out Torq Locker on GA Houston Valley USFS trails for first time. One P500 and 2 atv riders in parking lot warned about a bad mud hole that threw the atv rider off (he was a muddy mess but OK). Went straight for it and it was deep tilting ruts. No problem. No pic, by myself, keeping tennis shoes clean and having too much fun.

Last edited:
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
New bed for mine, was near Fort Wayne Indiana where the Landmaster UTV's are made and picked up a poly bed $213.00 dollar out the door.. Bigger than the Yamaha golf cart bed and lighter. They also have a steel bed same size but i don't plan on needing anything that heavy for what i do.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I'm painting my front propeller shaft rustoleum sunrise red because it was a little rusty and while I have it out of the machine to paint I figured might as well install the "torq locker"

EDIT: it is DONE......................the front propeller shaft is painted and got the winch mounted up front-not wired in yet just mounted...oh yeah I got that nifty torq-locker dohickey thingy installed while I had it all tore apart for painting and winch mounting.:D

Last edited:
JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got around to wiring up the light bar. Its been mounted for months but farm duty calls and its the first chance I had to wire it. I took a vid with my phone last night but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get it on here. Should have used the go pro I reckon.

IMG 1535

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got around to wiring up the light bar. Its been mounted for months but farm duty calls and its the first chance I had to wire it. I took a vid with my phone last night but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get it on here. Should have used the go pro I reckon.

View attachment 81126

Looks good man. Need to upload it to youtube first then you can just post a link here.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 20180713 135358927
IMG 20180713 135358927 Towed the Beast to North Carolina (600 miles) to show the Wife the property we hunt. Very dry there and no mud but plenty fo hills to climb. First time for the P500, always used a atv, it sure was different. One steep down hill with a bad right side slant sure pulled my back side up tight. At the bottom the Wife asked me if that didn't scare me and being the honest man I am I told her "hell no nothing to it". lol Can't wait for September to get here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!