P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
I think the box will be perfect; just need to attach it in a secure and non-permanent way so I can keep my cargo area modular. Trying to figure out how much room to leave between it and the ROPS so I can mount a couple of rifle cases there.

View attachment 83370
I drilled holes through the box and rack and used small hitch pins to mount the box. That way it's mounted inside so I can lock it. And I can remove and put back on with no tools. If I remember I'll try to take tonight.

P

PNWGuy

I bought U-bolt clamps that I will use. Still need to have a 7/16" wrench to remove it, but with my cordless drill, removing it will take less than a minute.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back at the Takeover I had taken a few tumbles and the result was a cracked windshield, plus a bent and dented front ROPS. So, the other day I had ordered a new fan motor, a SuperATV flip up windshield and new front ROPS. I'm gonna install the windshield last because the lower portion doesn't allow for easy access to the hood area. So I removed the old ROPS today and took one in the noggin. Because it had a little bend in it there was some tight tension, enough so I had to use a sledge to knock the bar up and out on the passengers side. On the last hit with the hammer, It sprung out and clocked me near the temple. Stars I saw. Took my glasses of my face too. Glad I had them on and this tough Sasquatch eyebrow helped to take the blow. I'm gonna install the fan on Sunday as well as apply Dielectric grease on all the electrical connections. The Scarab is looking like the Scorpion now without the front bars. Rainbows and relatively cool here in the Appalachian Mountains.
IMG 4971
IMG 4972
IMG 4974
IMG 4975
IMG 4979
IMG 4980
IMG 4981

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Having LOTS of fun fun fun...........(not really) running some wire to have a dash mounted battery tender charge port, down to the nitty gritty now just have to add a fuse and button it all back up.(lunch break now)

Thinking it needs it's first oil change as well.

While I was under E.R.V. I wondered why in the world they have the rock guards over lapping to make nice scoops instead allowing the P5 to slide over stuff smoothly.

EDIT: corrected the rock guard....you know.....by just installing them in the correct order (PP Prep)

When I started it up to warm the oil a little I tested my charge port and was seeing 14+volts and the battery tender will know if the polarity is correct although I'm certain it is, I'm certain I followed the positive wire all the way through lol I'll see after my KingQuad gets a full charge.

Increased the preload all the way around, front are now set to middle and rears are set to one up from weakest I think it rides very good soft but we have bottomed out in front twice so a bit more support will be helpful.

Last edited:
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
So here is where I put the battery tender dash port, out of the way, highly visible top right of the driver beverage holder I used a dab of black rtv to hopefully keep it stuck.
The wires all tied up behind the dash following the P500's wiring to battery box.
At the battery box all neat with a couple of loops for extra wire when/if ever needed.

The way THEY installed the rock guard and it ticked me off when I 1st seen it
I set it right, looks like it will actually slide off a log or rock instead of hooking on it and getting torn off the machine, I'll be getting better protection under there as we have already had a stick come thru the floor on me.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That wonderful human being @JCMINIS came over today and installed the fan motor, helped me get the new front ROPS installed and installed the new SuperATV windshield. I'm loving the windshield for the airflow but because I'm so dang tall it nearly is in my line of sight when open. Thank god I drive fast and tend to look down and out more often than total forward. The problem with the fan was when I installed the power steering I had inadvertently tightened down the mounting bracket down pinching the fan wire. It was pretty darn flat.
IMG 4999
IMG 5001
IMG 5002
IMG 5003
IMG 5004

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did y'all know the fan motor is made in China?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That wonderful human being @JCMINIS came over today and installed the fan motor, helped me get the new front ROPS installed and installed the new SuperATV windshield. I'm loving the windshield for the airflow but because I'm so dang tall it nearly is in my line of sight when open. Thank god I drive fast and tend to look down and out more often than total forward. The problem with the fan was when I installed the power steering I had inadvertently tightened down the mounting bracket down pinching the fan wire. It was pretty darn flat.
View attachment 83662 View attachment 83663 View attachment 83664 View attachment 83665 View attachment 83666
Yea just keep rubbing it in, HA!

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
My brother and I whent riding on the creek this weekend and I was able to test my new light bar and back up lights. They all work very well but for some reason my winch will not pay out but it will pay in. For now I'll just pull it out in neutral and still get my bott out of a sticky situation ;):)
20180811 191948
20180811 155420
20180811 191906
Screenshot 20180811 235314 Gallery

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the mirrors reinstalled but at a much higher point on the rops. It's definitely more comfortable for me being so tall and I sure do appreciate having some spare parts from a couple I had before and had broke on the trails in Idaho and elsewhere..Plus 4 extra straps and two good tension springs, I had never used until now. Good to salvage some stuff...I like these mirrors because they're easy to fold inward when trailered or on narrow trails.They are fairly durable and the mirrors show well. Plus they have a few different ways you can angle them and the usefulness of modular spare parts. I think they're ATVTek? A little pricey, but I like em.

IMG 5005
IMG 5006
IMG 5007
IMG 5008
IMG 5009
IMG 5012
IMG 5013
IMG 5010

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!