P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Back at the Takeover I had taken a few tumbles and the result was a cracked windshield, plus a bent and dented front ROPS. So, the other day I had ordered a new fan motor, a SuperATV flip up windshield and new front ROPS. I'm gonna install the windshield last because the lower portion doesn't allow for easy access to the hood area. So I removed the old ROPS today and took one in the noggin. Because it had a little bend in it there was some tight tension, enough so I had to use a sledge to knock the bar up and out on the passengers side. On the last hit with the hammer, It sprung out and clocked me near the temple. Stars I saw. Took my glasses of my face too. Glad I had them on and this tough Sasquatch eyebrow helped to take the blow. I'm gonna install the fan on Sunday as well as apply Dielectric grease on all the electrical connections. The Scarab is looking like the Scorpion now without the front bars. Rainbows and relatively cool here in the Appalachian Mountains.
View attachment 83463 View attachment 83464 View attachment 83465 View attachment 83466 View attachment 83467 View attachment 83468 View attachment 83469
Turns out helmets are a good idea when riding OR when working on a Pioneer. Looks like you sustained more damage doing the repair than you did during the roll over.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Got the mirrors reinstalled but at a much higher point on the rops. It's definitely more comfortable for me being so tall and I sure do appreciate having some spare parts from a couple I had before and had broke on the trails in Idaho and elsewhere..Plus 4 extra straps and two good tension springs, I had never used until now. Good to salvage some stuff...I like these mirrors because they're easy to fold inward when trailered or on narrow trails.They are fairly durable and the mirrors show well. Plus they have a few different ways you can angle them and the usefulness of modular spare parts. I think they're ATVTek? A little pricey, but I like em.

View attachment 83708 View attachment 83709 View attachment 83710 View attachment 83711 View attachment 83712 View attachment 83713 View attachment 83714 View attachment 83715
Looks like your back in business, looks good!

P

PNWGuy

Added a stainless steel cup holder I saw someone recommend on here...

R7dplsRzrX7ug sOY9jJJfMr6D1Tvm1NqkmEtv NRNMpX92IB

And got the axe/shovel mounts installed...

HjYPvgkoR6U3nHl OwVjWCqyd1tizXZFQkbrhijyAA0pX92IB

I've got a major mod ordered but it hasn't arrived yet... It will be a big surprise and add some serious value to my machine. I don't think anyone else here has done it to their machine that I've seen as of yet.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Added a stainless steel cup holder I saw someone recommend on here...

View attachment 83791

And got the axe/shovel mounts installed...

View attachment 83792

I've got a major mod ordered but it hasn't arrived yet... It will be a big surprise and add some serious value to my machine. I don't think anyone else here has done it to their machine that I've seen as of yet.
Can you give us a hint.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
is it a Voice Activated Phase 16 Ectoplasmatic Vortex illuminator with a Full Spectrum Sun Filtering Deconstipator ?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Or is it a manual?
I invented those. I also hold a patent on the design and it's a trade secret. So, I cannot tell you how it works but I can say it looks like a small cardboard Rhombahexadedron sphere. I can also say it's magic and that I sell them too. Only $137.99. If you buy three, I'll throw in an autographed skin sample from Hillary Clintons General Purpose Army Tent sized underwear. After they were discarded, a small indigenous tribe from the Cape Horn area used them to catch tiny whales but then they all mysteriously died.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No, No, No, it's a diamond studded steering wheel!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
C

Chooglin

Giving the rear box a new look. I had some bleeding through the tape , wich ticked me off. Anybody who makes a cargo box and thinks a textured finish is a good idea , is an idiot (me).
Thinking about using some upholstery tacs to make it look like rivets on the black areas but am afraid it mite look like a piece of jewelry :)

20180819 135215 20180819 135205

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!