P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Misterrobert

Misterrobert

Sep 6, 2018
Melrose, NY
Ownership

1. 500
not much of a mod compared to what some guys have done but i'm trying out this box for rear storage. will probably zip tie it on for now, there are a few places on the case to grab without making any holes.

IMG 20181014 134730

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Rotated shocks to lighest setting to try out as mostly slow easier trails here. Turned very easily with wheels jacked up off ground. So far so good. That HF motorcycle /atv jack comes in handy. Then went for a little mud therapy. Lovin that locker.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Took the rear diff out to rebuild it because every once in a while there is a loud hollow sounding "clunk clunk" when i put it in gear. No, im not talking about the shift solenoid. Anyway, i get it all taken apart and split the rear diff and clean both halves and the bull gear spotless clean only to find that everything is tight as can be. Oh well, i guess thats good lol. Letting it dry out overnight and I'm gonna put it back together with fresh gear lube tomorrow and see if it makes the clunk clunk sound anymore. I do notice that the shaft coming out of the transmission that goes to the rear brake rotor can be turned about a 1/4 rotation with the tranny in neutral. I wonder if its just that little bit of slack being taken up when i shift from neutral to first, or neutral to reverse? Ive never adjusted the clutch. It seems it only does it once or twice and then the rest of the ride its pretty quiet. I wonder if that can be adjusted out of it? Also, i took my battery out and put it on charge overnight because it was dead as a doornail and wouldnt accept a charge while still hooked to the machine. Gonna clean all the connections in the battery box tomorrow and elsewhere on the machine. Something has a draw on it. Probably the bluetooth amp. Oh well, yall have a good one.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Took the rear diff out to rebuild it because every once in a while there is a loud hollow sounding "clunk clunk" when i put it in gear. No, im not talking about the shift solenoid. Anyway, i get it all taken apart and split the rear diff and clean both halves and the bull gear spotless clean only to find that everything is tight as can be. Oh well, i guess thats good lol. Letting it dry out overnight and I'm gonna put it back together with fresh gear lube tomorrow and see if it makes the clunk clunk sound anymore. I do notice that the shaft coming out of the transmission that goes to the rear brake rotor can be turned about a 1/4 rotation with the tranny in neutral. I wonder if its just that little bit of slack being taken up when i shift from neutral to first, or neutral to reverse? Ive never adjusted the clutch. It seems it only does it once or twice and then the rest of the ride its pretty quiet. I wonder if that can be adjusted out of it? Also, i took my battery out and put it on charge overnight because it was dead as a doornail and wouldnt accept a charge while still hooked to the machine. Gonna clean all the connections in the battery box tomorrow and elsewhere on the machine. Something has a draw on it. Probably the bluetooth amp. Oh well, yall have a good one.
I got a Honda charger with the bike. It plugs into the plug by the battery and ‘THEY’ say it will bring back a dead battery. Haven’t used it yet but I know a couple guys , that leave their bikes out all winter, in a shed. And they plug it in when it’s really cold. And I have everything plugged into the acc harness, and so far so good. I usually have a fire going in the garage almost all winter. I got mine in 14 so it’s probably your amp. Gotta have the tunes. If you can rip open the rear diff, I think you’ll figure it out. Haha. Good luck.
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
not much of a mod compared to what some guys have done but i'm trying out this box for rear storage. will probably zip tie it on for now, there are a few places on the case to grab without making any holes.

View attachment 90397
Looks good and low profile. That flat rear rack was a good Honda decision, gives many options for DIY ideas as seen on this forum. Not everyone needs or wants a dump bed or raised sides to limit how they use it. The P500 fills the gap from other machines.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I got a Honda charger with the bike. It plugs into the plug by the battery and ‘THEY’ say it will bring back a dead battery. Haven’t used it yet but I know a couple guys , that leave their bikes out all winter, in a shed. And they plug it in when it’s really cold. And I have everything plugged into the acc harness, and so far so good. I usually have a fire going in the garage almost all winter. I got mine in 14 so it’s probably your amp. Gotta have the tunes. If you can rip open the rear diff, I think you’ll figure it out. Haha. Good luck.
Caper
Thank you Caper. :)

Reactions: Dp5hunter
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I put mine away for the winter, I don't use it for hunting and once the snow flies its time to break out the Ski Doos.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!