P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Today I built and installed a stick stopper for the exposed right front cv joints, from 1/8 aluminum plate; and installed a 2" snorkel. While I had the rack off, I took the rear diff and gas tank vents to just inside the roof.

P500 Snorkel P500 stick stopper

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
So your a neighbor. Haha. That’s what I might do. Get Honda to do it. How long to put it in.
Caper
He did the locker while I did the brakes.. took us 3 hrs total to do it all.. including servicing/cleaning rear brakes and replace fronts. Now if that was being done at a shop I've seen some posts where they were charged 6-7 hrs labour.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
He did the locker while I did the brakes.. took us 3 hrs total to do it all.. including servicing/cleaning rear brakes and replace fronts. Now if that was being done at a shop I've seen some posts where they were charged 6-7 hrs labour.
I’ll be over and I’ll bring the rum. Haha. Good job.
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
This isn't a Canadian forum?!
I’ll be coming out to Alberta to go hunting next month. My buddies ranch and then a HUGE ranch the next week. One of the guys comes from BC every year. He owns a big roofing company. My buddy has a Ranger. I tried to tell him. Haha. You guys have to keep an extra eye out for Griz. I usually have a high power rifle with me. Haha. I know they are protected but I told my buddy if I see one and he looks at me sideways, he’s done. Haha. Have fun in the mountains. From the other coast.
Caper

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Did my second oil change today, went a bit faster than the first, but I don't think it will ever be a speedy operation. Also changed the air filter. After 600+ miles in our superfine dust, the one I took out wasn't that bad on the outside and pristine on the inside. I was thinking of snorkeling it because of the dust, but I may not now.

Had a rattle at idle I thought was the heat shield on the muffler, but during the oil change I noticed that one of the bolts on the steel skid plate under the motor was loose. That was it. Just an FYI.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
installed a KFI winch mount on the wifes Rancher 420, a pita getting holes to line up and had to cut some plastic trim. But do like the winch tucked inside. Took a ride in the P500 to relax after, local temps went from 90s to 60s in a few days.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
installed a KFI winch mount on the wifes Rancher 420, a pita getting holes to line up and had to cut some plastic trim. But do like the winch tucked inside. Took a ride in the P500 to relax after, local temps went from 90s to 60s in a few days.
Hi Mudder. I was at my camp in Cape Breton last weekend and it went down to 34 degrees. Brrr. But my good friend in Calgary already had 19 inches of snow last week. So 60 degrees sounds good. Haha Do you close the pool for the winter.
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Pool stays open, gas heater if needed, but once colder, just like looking at it and the P500, from the hot tub. LOL. Hope for some snow to see how the Pioneer will do with the locker.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
935E2B06 9C19 4A46 B291 5D9740D3151C
Pool stays open, gas heater if needed, but once colder, just like looking at it and the P500, from the hot tub. LOL. Hope for some snow to see how the Pioneer will do with the locker.
Hi Mudder. My buddy in Alberta has a hot tub in the house in a room made for it. It feels good coming in from hunting when it’s -25. Nice. And the Pioneer is pretty good with out a locker. But I’m going to get one. The bike ride up and over . That was in ‘15 I think. Haha . One year into another. Haha. Have a good winter. Something tells me yours is going to be better than mine. Haha
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!