P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Hauled the wife’s buck out today.
E5FBA387 737C 4CC3 A869 0F0239558CD2

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
You guys still allowed to burn? not judging, just curious...

Yes, you must follow a number of regulations, such as monitoring burn vent index and burning within the correct window based on a number of criteria. Must meet a number of Wild Land Fire Regulations, registration for burn authorization. Would be great to utilize this “waste” wood, however there is no market for it here as yet. My concern is if left as is it becomes a significant fire risk on it’s own. Burning wood for now is deemed carbon neutral. You cannot burn in QC?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@CptOvo just saw your latest video on the Defender, but haven't seen the 500 in a while. Did you sell it?

Reactions: lee and rtn001
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I added Walker Evans shocks today.It was not a bolt on deal for me.The WE shocks are about 1 inch longer than stock.This caused a problem on the front right.At full droop.the CV joint was binding a bit.[no problem at the other three corners].I assume this is because this is the shortest of the four shafts.I cut the front lower shock mounts off and moved them 1/2 inch out on the A-arms and re=welded.Not much of a change,but it freed up everything.Anyone else check for binding CV joints with the WE shocks?Now,the good part.These shocks are NICE!View attachment 164445
Wow, looks NICE. Love you tire/wheel setup! (like mine ;)

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, you must follow a number of regulations, such as monitoring burn vent index and burning within the correct window based on a number of criteria. Must meet a number of Wild Land Fire Regulations, registration for burn authorization. Would be great to utilize this “waste” wood, however there is no market for it here as yet. My concern is if left as is it becomes a significant fire risk on it’s own. Burning wood for now is deemed carbon neutral. You cannot burn in QC?

Yes there is some but strict rules(for Industrial). Only the SOPFEU sort of a forest protection agency which are also the forest firefighters can allow it if it's deemed a fire risk. Some municipalities will provide a permit also. but its getting harder... not to say that its not being done, for example clearing for agricultural use...

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What did I do with mine today? Well I stripped the front portals off and pressed new balljoints in the upper a-arms, and cleaned up the stock knuckles and installed them back on in preperation for putting my 30s back on and putting it up for sale a month or so down the road. Gonna keep the portals and 35s for a possible monster P7 build at some point down the road, or if I get a hankerin for something different I may sell the portals and 35s for down payment money on something. Who knows. Mr. Wiggies was no help at all by the way. He just liked licking the grass where the brake fluid spilled out of the calipers. :)

20191109 142048

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
What did I do with mine today? Well I stripped the front portals off and pressed new balljoints in the upper a-arms, and cleaned up the stock knuckles and installed them back on in preperation for putting my 30s back on and putting it up for sale a month or so down the road. Gonna keep the portals and 35s for a possible monster P7 build at some point down the road, or if I get a hankerin for something different I may sell the portals and 35s for down payment money on something. Who knows. Mr. Wiggies was no help at all by the way. He just liked licking the grass where the brake fluid spilled out of the calipers. :)

View attachment 165138
Why you selling the p5? Just time for something different? Seems like a lot of 700's in your vids...so maybe a low geared 700 is the key.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!