P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Here's a sneak peek before it goes to Line X and final install.
Fitting up to the tapers and curves and maintaining the body lines, meant nothing really being straight or square to anything else. Radius' and angles up the a**, this thing was a b**** to make! :mad:
Looks pretty BA on the machine though. ;)

Roof Visor

Last edited:
Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Here's a sneak peak before it goes to Line X and final install.
Fitting up to the tapers and curves and maintaining the body lines, meant nothing really being straight or square to anything else. Radius' and angles up the a**, this thing was a b**** to make! :mad:

View attachment 164294
You’ve got me wanting to go crazy with some diamond plate your rig looks badass!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Here's a sneak peak before it goes to Line X and final install.

View attachment 164294

Are ya gonna put lights in it too?

Upload 2019 11 2 19 30 50

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Sun visor?

Yeah, roof visor. Figure it might help with the glare on this full shield? Maybe push the rain water past my lap and somewhat protect the light bar too?
Nah, I pretty much did it because I had some diamond plate left and wanted to make something. :D

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger roof visor next? Better start making a few. P/5 guys are gonna want them

I'm sure it would be cheaper and easier to make one from UHMV, lighter too. This thing was far too labor intensive for what it is and keeping the look can be a real pita sometimes. Thanks, but no way man! ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finished installing a Warn vrx35 and Warn plow/tubes/ mount. Got to practice plowing snow on the Montana driveway, too.

Great product, but bull$hit installation instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics?! How wide of a blade did you go with?
Don't know if yours came with any but having plow markers is nice to have.

Plowing

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
60” Provantage blade, push tubes, mount

VRX 35 winch

Warn mounting plate (low in front bumper guard, can’t really see it mounted upside down).

Installation would have been straight forward IF their documentation was not as bad as it is. I saw here the mount must go on first- it’s hidden in a long list of items before the actual installation.

There’s a funky bracket for the ‘contactor’ (relay) that even Warn tech support could not explain why to use it since the ‘contactor’ bracket fit the Honda mounting tabs perfectly.

I got 3 different wiring diagrams in 3 boxes which were different- the spade lugs went down with the large mounting posts/ nuts up. One had picture different. I ordered the dash rocker switch and a wired remote control. I had to use the VRX 45 install diagram, and guessed correctly where a brown jumper wire went. The 4 posts are color coded for the 4 wires- ignore that since they go on different posts than the same color.

Overall pleased- I broke the plastic pulley the first time I tried it. I need to buy a metal pulley to use.

But I got to use the winch. I took the P5 and my 7mm Rem Mag into the Gallatin NF for elk and deer. I learned on a packed snow road with a little ice the P5 slid around. I slid sideways, got myself out (Harbor Freight mini shovel for $6) and turned around. A guy in a GMC Yukon with his son drove past me stopped on the narrow road giving we a wide bearth- and got stuck. We dug and I tried to pull him as he spun all 4 tires with no success. 2 guys on snowmobiles stopped, the dug a little and with 3 guys pushing and rocking the GMC got him out.

I need to buy chains- but I want to put in larger tires next year so may not for the stock tire sizes.

Some pictures as requested.

Acf9c9613a3e7d4be323784864d64c25

57fe2b6ec5fcb98e1f7549f5c7edca5c

48413cce20146b1d2b420cc333aa0527

Rocker and remote control plug. Seemed like a logical place to drill the mounting hole.

6c385617faf141de524d235d7ea898c4

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I added Walker Evans shocks today.It was not a bolt on deal for me.The WE shocks are about 1 inch longer than stock.This caused a problem on the front right.At full droop.the CV joint was binding a bit.[no problem at the other three corners].I assume this is because this is the shortest of the four shafts.I cut the front lower shock mounts off and moved them 1/2 inch out on the A-arms and re=welded.Not much of a change,but it freed up everything.Anyone else check for binding CV joints with the WE shocks?Now,the good part.These shocks are NICE!
DSC01280

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
It reminds me of a BA version of the electric model. Put a fake battery sticker on the side. But really, wish they would offer just the side access door to make a storage compartment.

9C3EB9FB 51EF 4393 8F8F A4A2B918193E D234539A 90EF 457B A9C8 7096A117495E

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
It reminds me of a BA version of the electric model. Put a fake battery sticker on the side. But really, wish they would offer just the side access door to make a storage compartment.]

Sounds like a product idea ready for Choog to design and sell.

I have been thinking about how to mount an ammo can under the seat for storage and access it from above.

It would be easier to mount 2 narrow ammo cans on either side of my Dusty Dawgs rear rack with bolts and fender washers.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!