P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Great pics.......I just left that place Friday night !
I will be going back there October 1 if you want to meet up
I'm excited to go there in the fall again... Less dust, and more mud! I got there friday night and left sunday afternoon. Didn't even get to use my new winch. Never got stuck! I did pull a canam out though.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Took a ride this weekend and ended up on the Martinez Land Grant (dating to Spanish control of this area) and came upon this artifact deep in a canyon with no suitable entrance or exit. It's heavy steel and the riveting is early-mid nineteenth century. Anybody have any ideas on what it is???

C

Chooglin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
View attachment 21712 View attachment 21713 View attachment 21714 View attachment 21715 View attachment 21716 Took a ride this weekend and ended up on the Martinez Land Grant (dating to Spanish control of this area) and came upon this artifact deep in a canyon with no suitable entrance or exit. It's heavy steel and the riveting is early-mid nineteenth century. Anybody have any ideas on what it is???
Locamotive ?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
advertisement
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Me and my trailered yellow P500 passed another trailered yellow P500 in Mitchell SD this evening. We're one our way to Montana to chase elk

The heat got the best of us and kept the elk out of our reach :(. But the P500 was worth it's weight in gold. It easily got us into a couple of areas we could not readily go as the walk is pretty brutal for us older guys. Towing a trailer 2800 miles round trip went well. The tarp and plywood doors worked well, but have a few new ideas to make them easier to put on. One plus to this ugly way to travel is it doesn't seem to arouse the interest of less than honest individuals. I picked up a few comments when getting gas about what's that piece of junk :cool:. We had two night in motels without incident. Make sure you tie wrap up your strap ends.
Screen Shot 2016 09 06 at 95723 PM
Screen Shot 2016 09 06 at 95655 PM
Screen Shot 2016 09 06 at 95628 PM

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The heat got the best of us and kept the elk out of our reach :(. But the P500 was worth it's weight in gold. It easily got us into a couple of areas we could not readily go as the walk is pretty brutal for us older guys. Towing a trailer 2800 miles round trip went well. The tarp and plywood doors worked well, but have a few new ideas to make them easier to put on. One plus to this ugly way to travel is it doesn't seem to arouse the interest of less than honest individuals. I picked up a few comments when getting gas about what's that piece of junk :cool:. We had two night in motels without incident. Make sure you tie wrap up your strap ends.View attachment 21744View attachment 21745 View attachment 21746
Beautiful pics! I'm glad your trip went well. And I agree with you that strap ends need to be protected from getting beat by the wind and frayed.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heat got the best of us and kept the elk out of our reach :(. But the P500 was worth it's weight in gold. It easily got us into a couple of areas we could not readily go as the walk is pretty brutal for us older guys. Towing a trailer 2800 miles round trip went well. The tarp and plywood doors worked well, but have a few new ideas to make them easier to put on. One plus to this ugly way to travel is it doesn't seem to arouse the interest of less than honest individuals. I picked up a few comments when getting gas about what's that piece of junk :cool:. We had two night in motels without incident. Make sure you tie wrap up your strap ends.View attachment 21744View attachment 21745 View attachment 21746

Come over to Great Falls, 3 hours up north from you.

Are you staying longer enough to get elk with a bow?

I could not get access yet because of moving cows :(. So wait until its colder, the season is over only in Feb 15 :), plenty of time to get a cow.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Come over to Great Falls, 3 hours up north from you.

Are you staying longer enough to get elk with a bow?

I could not get access yet because of moving cows :(. So wait until its colder, the season is over only in Feb 15 :), plenty of time to get a cow.

May try again in November.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The heat got the best of us and kept the elk out of our reach :(. But the P500 was worth it's weight in gold. It easily got us into a couple of areas we could not readily go as the walk is pretty brutal for us older guys. Towing a trailer 2800 miles round trip went well. The tarp and plywood doors worked well, but have a few new ideas to make them easier to put on. One plus to this ugly way to travel is it doesn't seem to arouse the interest of less than honest individuals. I picked up a few comments when getting gas about what's that piece of junk :cool:. We had two night in motels without incident. Make sure you tie wrap up your strap ends.
Did that tarp scratch the crap out of your windshield?? I bet wrapping it and adding those doors really helped reduce drag going down the road. I towed mine a couple hundred miles with the machine backwards on the trailer. The rear window facing forward created noticeable drag when towing. I did take off my roof because it's easy to do, and I didn't want it getting ripped off by the wind (soft roof)

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Did that tarp scratch the crap out of your windshield?? I bet wrapping it and adding those doors really helped reduce drag going down the road. I towed mine a couple hundred miles with the machine backwards on the trailer. The rear window facing forward created noticeable drag when towing. I did take off my roof because it's easy to do, and I didn't want it getting ripped off by the wind (soft roof)
The windshield was less than perfect already, but it did add a few new marks. If I was starting out with a new windshield I'd make a plywood guard that did not touch it to keep the tarp off it. The bigger reason for the doors was so I could store some of the larger stuff in the cab like the gun case and rear storage bag. I also put plastic tubs and cases of bottled water under the machine. They traveled fairly well there.

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I had to deal with this guy last night.... My uncles cows were out. They knocked the fence down. I chased them back in with the p500 but this prick wanted to start something. I had to wait a few minutes for him to back down. There was no fence between us. Obviously I left the engine running the whole time. After he turned and walked away my cousin showed up and we got the fence fixed.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to deal with this guy last night.... My uncles cows were out. They knocked the fence down. I chased them back in with the p500 but this prick wanted to start something. I had to wait a few minutes for him to back down. There was no fence between us. Obviously I left the engine running the whole time. After he turned and walked away my cousin showed up and we got the fence fixed.

I dont see the media file? Was it a picture or youtube video?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I dont see the media file? Was it a picture or youtube video?
uploaded from my phone. Seems to be working on my computer ???

advertisement