What did you do to/with your Talon today?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm comfortable with 9 fronts, 10 rears. Rode with some guys in Moab and they run even less. But that depends a lot on your speeds.

I did this on a front with 9 lbs, but it was a hard hit on a sharp rock hiding on the edge of the trail. 😢 It's not a pinch flat, the rock cut right through the sidewall.
I 2kQvjzt X2

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm comfortable with 9 fronts, 10 rears. Rode with some guys in Moab and they run even less. But that depends a lot on your speeds.

I did this on a front with 9 lbs, but it was a hard hit on a sharp rock hiding on the edge of the trail. 😢 It's not a pinch flat, the rock cut right through the sidewall.
View attachment 384329
I've never done anything remotely close to that, maybe scrubbed some tire black off. You are a maniac!

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Just finished up the @SuperATV power steering install. Its a huge improvement over the factory system! The only real snag i ran into was getting the upper shaft on. Ended up pulling the 2 bolt holding the steering column up and pulling the column forward to make room for it to go together.

Last edited:
AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I installed ½ of the Kenimoto "keep the mud out" kit. I'll get the pieces that go in front of the rear tires tomorrow.

I also installed a MTX AWBTSW controller to run my sound bar so I don't have to turn around to adjust volume. The sound bar works fine with Bluetooth from my phone but I wanted easier control. The phone runs via BT to the controller which is hardwired to the sound bar. Unfortunately it picks up a growl from an electronic source somewhere in the Talon. Any suggestions how to address that? The soundbar is powered directly from the battery by the previous owner and I have the power to the controller running off a common switched/ignition bus back to a common ground bus.
20230608 183346

I don't understand why Honda stopped ½ way across! All the holes are there anyway.

20230608 184036

AWBTSW controller on the left.

20230608 184044

I swear I have a windshield and rear window! Not sure how the speaker gets this dirty.

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I installed ½ of the Kenimoto "keep the mud out" kit. I'll get the pieces that go in front of the rear tires tomorrow.

I also installed a MTX AWBTSW controller to run my sound bar so I don't have to turn around to adjust volume. The sound bar works fine with Bluetooth from my phone but I wanted easier control. The phone runs via BT to the controller which is hardwired to the sound bar. Unfortunately it picks up a growl from an electronic source somewhere in the Talon. Any suggestions how to address that? The soundbar is powered directly from the battery by the previous owner and I have the power to the controller running off a common switched/ignition bus back to a common ground bus. View attachment 391300
I don't understand why Honda stopped ½ way across! All the holes are there anyway.

View attachment 391301

View attachment 391302
I swear I have a windshield and rear window! Not sure how the speaker gets this dirty.
You need a ground loop noise isolator for the growl in the speaker

Reactions: AMink and Remington
AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
The Kenimoto wheel well pieces are in. Super easy and a good fit. The material is fairly light weight but feels sturdy. For $40 for the front and rear I think it'll be worth it.
20230609 104432
20230609 104447

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
Upgraded the kicks from factory 28s to 32s last week. Tried them out… should have done it a long time ago for the ride. I miss the lower gearing of the 28s on hill decents but I’ll get used to. And then gave the ole boy a good bath and shine. I love this freakin thing! 😍 Still lots to do when the budget allows.
2D5F2765 1325 45F5 A816 6D7E24356F2D
B5BF4DC2 D3A1 4595 B878 1CED8C7411C0
37502EA3 DBB7 427A 8BAC 0CBE06AD5DE8

AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Ahhh, heat mitigation. Sticky back fiberglass shiny stuff. I pulled the lower piece from behind the seats and cut to fit all the way across. I was going to remove the top piece but that was way to involved. I managed to reach up and get some stuff on the passenger side. After dropping a seat bolt down in I removed part of the skid plate with no luck but did remove about 5# of dirt and rocks. So I removed the piece that's under the seat that goes to the floor. Kind of a PIA but not too bad. Found the screw.

Since I was that far in I pulled both sides of the center console off and lined them with insulation, along with the top and cup holders. Since I put the Kemimoto piece across the fire wall I used the old rubber piece to run up behind and under the passenger seat to hopefully cut down on dust.

Hopefully I'll get to test it out pretty soon and make sure the sticky continues to stick.

I've come to the conclusion that between 25 and 30% of the Talon's weight is plastic push pins.

20230615 093705
20230615 132646
20230615 135304
20230615 135321

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
“I've come to the conclusion that between 25 and 30% of the Talon's weight is plastic push pins.”
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I also installed a MTX AWBTSW controller to run my sound bar so I don't have to turn around to adjust volume. The sound bar works fine with Bluetooth from my phone but I wanted easier control. The phone runs via BT to the controller which is hardwired to the sound bar. Unfortunately it picks up a growl from an electronic source somewhere in the Talon. Any suggestions how to address that? The soundbar is powered directly from the battery by the previous owner and I have the power to the controller running off a common switched/ignition bus back to a common ground bus. View attachment 391300

View attachment 391301

View attachment 391302
Ground isolator will help but slightly reduces output. Making sure that no signal wiring crosses power wires will help as well. Placing them in loom and separating best you can if they do have to cross.

Reactions: AMink
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ahhh, heat mitigation. Sticky back fiberglass shiny stuff. I pulled the lower piece from behind the seats and cut to fit all the way across. I was going to remove the top piece but that was way to involved. I managed to reach up and get some stuff on the passenger side. After dropping a seat bolt down in I removed part of the skid plate with no luck but did remove about 5# of dirt and rocks. So I removed the piece that's under the seat that goes to the floor. Kind of a PIA but not too bad. Found the screw.

Since I was that far in I pulled both sides of the center console off and lined them with insulation, along with the top and cup holders. Since I put the Kemimoto piece across the fire wall I used the old rubber piece to run up behind and under the passenger seat to hopefully cut down on dust.

Hopefully I'll get to test it out pretty soon and make sure the sticky continues to stick.

I've come to the conclusion that between 25 and 30% of the Talon's weight is plastic push pins.

View attachment 392202View attachment 392206View attachment 392207View attachment 392208
Someone on the forum makes and sells something for that. 🤔

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 392202View attachment 392206View attachment 392207View attachment 392208
Been there done that, waste of time and money. Look up the Quick Shield here on the vendor listing. They work

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!