P500 What do you do for a living?

J

JTW

Gator,
That was why I waited so long. My wife is 5 years younger than me and her premiums are about to eat me. Must get her on Medicare finally next year so we can pull the plug. I feel for anyone younger in this environment of our very expensive healthcare.
I'm 31 tomorrow and self employed.. Insurance costs me about 1000 per month for my wife, baby and me. That's with a 3000 deductible 6000 total out of pocket. We just had the little one in January. And little did I know they now bill you for the child too. So rather than 3k for momma to have the baby. They bill you for the baby too! Oh yeah, gotta love all the "progress" of the last 8 years! Total bill was 26-27k before adjustments for insurance. I would have been far better off to have no insurance and pay out of pocket at 12k per year plus deductibles, considering we don't ever go to the dr.

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
I
We're so close.....where do you live? We should get together and ride! I have never seen another P500, as you know it's Cock-Am & Pusslaris country. Sorry....inside voice slipped out. Shouldn't say that I guess...to each his own.
Live in bellefonte. But come up there almost every other week. I know there is one other guy on here that lives up there. We met a few times

Reactions: Dp5hunter
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gator,
That was why I waited so long. My wife is 5 years younger than me and her premiums are about to eat me. Must get her on Medicare finally next year so we can pull the plug. I feel for anyone younger in this environment of our very expensive healthcare.

Yep. I have full insurance with Aetna and my 3 year old broke her leg a few weeks ago. Took her to the er and they brought me the bill as I was leaving. It was $695 for the er visit. Insurance covered $25. Glad I spend $2000 a month on family insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I am an engineer and managed large engineering and construction teams over the years. Last june 2015 my wife had a baby and I had so much fun being home I went back to work and retired at 61. Today I do a little consultanting engineering, but very little by choice. I worked 42 years and don't want any more. I am now a domestic engineer primarily responsible for the kitchen equipment and playing Mr Mom part time. My current project has to do with over analyzing everything that I read about the P1k and making more of it than it is.

advertisement
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. I have full insurance with Aetna and my 3 year old broke her leg a few weeks ago. Took her to the er and they brought me the bill as I was leaving. It was $695 for the er visit. Insurance covered $25. Glad I spend $2000 a month on family insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No insurance due to the same premium you pay plus a $13k deductible. Iww were in Seoul last month and had to go to er for the baby. Two &1/2 hours in er, 4 perscriptions and x Rays were a total $121.71. And it was a top notch hospital.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I am an engineer and managed large engineering and construction teams over the years. Last june 2015 my wife had a baby and I had so much fun being home I went back to work and retired at 61. Today I do a little consultanting engineering, but very little by choice. I worked 42 years and don't want any more. I am now a domestic engineer primarily responsible for the kitchen equipment and playing Mr Mom part time. My current project has to do with over analyzing everything that I read about the P1k and making more of it than it is.

You have a new baby at 61 years old? Congratulations! Condolences!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Can't remember if I posted in this thread yet. Oh, well, I'll post anyway...
I'm retired and working 2 days a week at Lowes to pay for my health insurance, (thanks Obama).
Enjoying it though.
dont get me started. Mine is 800.00 more than my mortgage

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't remember if I posted in this thread yet. Oh, well, I'll post anyway...
I'm retired and working 2 days a week at Lowes to pay for my health insurance, (thanks Obama).
Enjoying it though.
I used to work at Lowes part time. Best job. No stress. Got an empty slot, pull a box fill it and move on.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol.. That was very tactful! I'm assuming most on here are in the 50+ age category?
As far as the age of users here, my theory is there are two main categories- there are the thirty something's (guys that have finally worked their way up to having disposable income, so they bought a Sxs), and the retirees (guys that finally have time to enjoy themselves, so they bought a Sxs)

I'm 32

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
As far as the age of users here, my theory is there are two main categories- there are the thirty something's (guys that have finally worked their way up to having disposable income, so they bought a Sxs), and the retirees (guys that finally have time to enjoy themselves, so they bought a Sxs)

I'm 32
I'm 42....I fit in the category of wanted one so I bought it and now realize I don't have enough time to ride it as much as I'd like. I'd rather have it sitting there waiting than not have it though. I posted before (I think) I had a Big Red and sold it for the same reason but I won't let this one go. It's something my son and I can enjoy together!

locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I'm 42....I fit in the category of wanted one so I bought it and now realize I don't have enough time to ride it as much as I'd like. I'd rather have it sitting there waiting than not have it though. I posted before (I think) I had a Big Red and sold it for the same reason but I won't let this one go. It's something my son and I can enjoy together!

Find time if you can Webby. I waited for a lot of stuff and now wonder if my expiration date will arrive before all the milk is consumed.
Great bunch of guys here. We should consider a long weekend mass get together in the center of the country.

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Find time if you can Webby. I waited for a lot of stuff and now wonder if my expiration date will arrive before all the milk is consumed.
Great bunch of guys here. We should consider a long weekend mass get together in the center of the country.
Hopefully we all get to finish the damn milk! It is a great forum....a lot of super people with different backgrounds with something in common. Really cool!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!