What kind of HP can the Talon be built to that's reliable?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Your just a typical dumb ass who spouts off crap just to tell people how good you think you are! Your looking @ the picture of me and my family jumping a 4 seater in the dunes and thinking I know nothing about racing a 2 seater on a MX track. You never know who your talking to on the other end BIG GUY!
The irony in this post is epic! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Does the new frame thing have any merit or is it just internet chatter?
I think that Honda could maybe come out with another option to the line up for straight up dunes guy, but the dunes running Can Am suspension doesn't do near as well in the woods and trail type climbing and crawling as the Honda setup does. So they really wouldn't be gaining any ground if they ditched the current suspension setup that climbs like a billy goat, tears up the texaplex type courses and kills it in the tighter east coast trails (and does pretty good really in the dunes). All areas that the Can Am doesn't do as well! Just my opinion which really isn't even worth .02! 🤣

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Its only some rumbling for now that I know of. We have a "Redline" coming out around September or October I think with "Sport and Multipurpose SXS" in the description.

John Doe (cough, cough @JACKAL would know more it seems)
You talking about something similar to an RS-1 or Pilot when you say "redline"?

Slow-Poke

Slow-Poke

Nov 9, 2020
Nor Cal
Ownership

1. Talon R
I will clarify your thoughts on the stock pistons. I have had my turbo talon to the dunes twice my unit has less then 100 miles on it the pistons are cracked and one skirt broke off. I will say this if you have a talon with a turbo on it the pistons WILL BE CRACKED!!!View attachment 268509View attachment 268510
Wouldn't your warranty cover that? I have the turbo, and they claim to not void ANY part of the warranty. Obviously, they should not be replaced with OEM though..

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
How did you find that out?
It was pushing water into the over flow tank and not pulling it back into the radiator. So I pulled the head and the gasket was blown. So I decided to check the rod bearings and found the skirts cracked and one broke off.

Reactions: Adam_20_Adam
GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I
Wouldn't your warranty cover that? I have the turbo, and they claim to not void ANY part of the warranty. Obviously, they should not be replaced with OEM though..your header will be cracked if not now it will be soon.

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Has anyone seen this yet?

Complete top end kits with 9-1, 10-1 or 12-1 compression ratio "German" pistons and genuine Honda gaskets for $449 seems like a great deal. Too good to be true?

Anybody ever hear of this company?

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Has anyone seen this yet?

Complete top end kits with 9-1, 10-1 or 12-1 compression ratio "German" pistons and genuine Honda gaskets for $449 seems like a great deal. Too good to be true?

Anybody ever hear of this company?

They have a good reputation in the sledding world for 2 stroke pistons.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693 and CID
Nauti1826

Nauti1826

Dec 29, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon x4
How did you find that out?
I will clarify your thoughts on the stock pistons. I have had my turbo talon to the dunes twice my unit has less then 100 miles on it the pistons are cracked and one skirt broke off. I will say this if you have a talon with a turbo on it the pistons WILL BE CRACKED!!!View attachment 268509View attachment 268510
Yup you are 100% correct. Blow by and cracked skirt. On one trip to sand mountain with Jackson turbo stock pistons are junk

Reactions: GBell
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Seems like Honda has a problem on their hands. I wonder how this gets resolved?

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Honda and Jackson Racing get together to discuss this. Who's buying everybody new forged pistons? 🤣

Nauti1826

Nauti1826

Dec 29, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Seems like Honda has a problem on their hands. I wonder how this gets resolved?

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Honda and Jackson Racing get together to discuss this. Who's buying everybody new forged pistons? 🤣
Bout to find out have a claim into Honda and already so we shall see

Reactions: CID
GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Yup you are 100% correct. Blow by and cracked skirt. On one trip to sand mountain with Jackson turbo stock pistons are junk
No big deal to install forged pistons! Look your header over it will be cracked also!

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Bout to find out have a claim into Honda and already so we shall see
If you have any questions or need any part numbers don't hesitate to ask!
20210501 000317

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!