BOX1

Talon What you don't like about the Talon...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Can’t believe that vehicle even made it with no true 4wd... hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya, I almost died. :D seriously though front pulled like a champ in the deep heavy stuff, a bit of wheel hop in the uphill sections, likely because I was trying to go faster than it would churn through it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Neither of my rzrs were like this... maybe you had already “CP’d” yours. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quad is shorter wheelbase so maybe you just feel it more.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not afraid of the i4 myself. By buddy with the LE has broken most everything else. I just haven’t gotten the good from the pioneer yet, life is to busy with little kids. Having 20k + however much more has me thinking if the Talon isn’t perfect yet. It should be by the time I can afford both

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya, I almost died. :D seriously though front pulled like a champ in the deep heavy stuff, a bit of wheel hop in the uphill sections, likely because I was trying to go faster than it would churn through it.

That wheel Hop was probably just your i4wd system getting confused in the snow lol. I'm sure a locked diff would have smoothed it right out. Haha.

Seriously though, what if you break a front axle and need that other front tire to get you home. Or like my brother did a couple months ago and broke both driver's side axles... he wouldn't have made it back with just 1 wheel drive.

Reactions: JTW and Smitty335
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That wheel Hop was probably just your i4wd system getting confused in the snow lol. I'm sure a locked diff would have smoothed it right out. Haha.

Seriously though, what if you break a front axle and need that other front tire to get you home. Or like my brother did a couple months ago and broke both driver's side axles... he wouldn't have made it back with just 1 wheel drive.

@JTW did better with 2broken axels and 1wheel drive than he did with 4lock

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I have made it home with 1 wheel drive before having a broken right front and a broken left rear axle.

Wheel hop was due to suspension set on soft settings and churning a foot of wet snow going uphill with my foot on the gas. The only confusion is your lack of understanding what I-4WD is and does comparing it to traction control or anti lock braking technologies. My 2016 P1K5D exhibits the same characteristics in deep snow both in 4WD and 4WD lock. It's a matter of traction and wheelspin not technology.

Reactions: Landman
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have made it home with 1 wheel drive before having a broken right front and a broken left rear axle.

Wheel hop was due to suspension set on soft settings and churning a foot of wet snow going uphill with my foot on the gas. The only confusion is your lack of understanding what I-4WD is and does comparing it to traction control or anti lock braking technologies. My 2016 P1K5D exhibits the same characteristics in deep snow both in 4WD and 4WD lock. It's a matter of traction and wheelspin not technology.
Well??? In both cases sounds like operator error???? HA!

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well the thread asked, it’s not what I need. Guess those who want a sport unit may have things they like or dislike about its capabilities or looks. Understand why some have gotten so excited about it. It’s what they were looking for. For me it doesn’t look like it would haul wood or down deer very well.

Reactions: elkaholic
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the thread asked, it’s not what I need. Guess those who want a sport unit may have things they like or dislike about its capabilities or looks. Understand why some have gotten so excited about it. It’s what they were looking for. For me it doesn’t look like it would haul wood or down deer very well.
Are you kidding, we are gonna down deer by knife from the bail out passenger in the back bed area. We are gonna make deer hunting great again lol

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No reason debating over who knows more about i4wd when neither of us know the other.

I was just playing devils advocate, as I always do. Trying to point out potential problems. Since you apparently have first hand experience with the situation, was i correct to assume that losing one front axle means you lose power to both front tires due to being an open diff?

Like I said before, I'll probably like the system. I just like to think of all the pros and cons. For example when I bought my first new atv, the electric shift was a new option on the ranchers. I thought about it a lot, and decided that being able to shift without putting my feet under water (we have a lot of water crossings) was worth the extra $400 or whatever. However, I would never have done it if it didn't come with a wrench under the seat and the ability to manually shift it by hand. Can't tell you how many times I drove that thing with my hand down underneath. I hate buying new batteries, and they don't like to shift without a battery. Come to think of it, I had to pull start that thing a lot too LOL.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!