P1000 WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH HIGH ALTITIUDE RIDING ON A 1000

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
+1

I'm over 8k feet and constantly carrying heavy loads up to and over 9k feet of elevation.
I use low gear going up and coming down due to the extreme pitch and have not yet over heated going up with a full load.

Full load defined as either 5 adults with gear or the standard load of (6) bags of cement at 50 kilos each.

Diyguy

Diyguy

Dec 5, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks again all.
Looked at one today for the first time. Never seen one before.
Priced a standard in green with soft enclosure, hard coat tilt windshield and hard roof.
$20,773 out the door.
I install enclosure.

Reactions: CID and TimG
J

JTW

You will also like the gas mileage compared to a belt driven machine. Our Pioneer has pretty long legs compared to our belter.
What’s the difference in mileage? I was only about 20 miles a tank different.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is that with your KRX and your P1-5?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes.. granted the tank is bigger on the krx and the fuel mileage isn’t as good. But I’m also driving it a hell of a lot faster than the pioneer.
👍

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Nothing definitive at this time, right now I guessing 10 mpg ish on the KRX. My son does a lot of 100 plus miles rides over multiple passes with his Pioneer from his favorite campsite south west of Ohio City Colorado, over to the front range, up to the Tincup area and back to his campsite still has over 1/4 tank left on his Pioneer. His educated guess is 17-18miles to the gallon. I've run my KRX a little over 100 miles and used about 11 gallons....but its still breaking in. I do know belts are nowhere as efficient as direct drive systems. LOL I'm gunna have to have him haul fuel for me if I go on long rides with him. I never have clocked my P1000 for mileage, but intuition tells me It uses a lot less fuel than the KRX just from how often Ive fueled both them and how much they take each time.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nothing definitive at this time, right now I guessing 10 mpg ish on the KRX. My son does a lot of 100 plus miles rides over multiple passes with his Pioneer from his favorite campsite south west of Ohio City Colorado, over to the front range, up to the Tincup area and back to his campsite still has over 1/4 tank left on his Pioneer. His educated guess is 17-18miles to the gallon. I've run my KRX a little over 100 miles and used about 11 gallons....but its still breaking in. I do know belts are nowhere as efficient as direct drive systems. LOL I'm gunna have to have him haul fuel for me if I go on long rides with him. I never have clocked my P1000 for mileage, but intuition tells me It uses a lot less fuel than the KRX just from how often Ive fueled both them and how much they take each time.
I would get rid of the KRX then, my Tundra gets 13 MPG on pavement empty. Just kidding! Do you know what your range is? I know it depends on terrain, in the mountains here seems the P1 does better than in the yard?

Reactions: TimG
J

JTW

You’re pretty close... 100-120 miles is the Krx’s fuel range. I’m running 35’s and tuned. I go by mileage and not the gas gauge on it. The pioneer was somewhere between 100-150 with my setup of 30’s and all that jazz. It’s like any other vehicle.. much of it depends HOW you drive. I drive pretty aggressive. Lol..

Reactions: TimG and TripleB
advertisement
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’re pretty close... 100-120 miles is the Krx’s fuel range. I’m running 35’s and tuned. I go by mileage and not the gas gauge on it. The pioneer was somewhere between 100-150 with my setup of 30’s and all that jazz. It’s like any other vehicle.. much of it depends HOW you drive. I drive pretty aggressive. Lol..
My son is running a P10005 delux with stock (a lot lighter than non stock) Honda tires and rims and he does chill on his trips. He also is running Fox shocks so the rides are somewhat tolerable.. He is a first responder and gets his hi speed yayas out on roads going to calls in a command vehicle. I'm running 14" methods and 28" Terrabites on my P1000 but still do pretty good on mileage. The KRX just begs to be flogged I got to admit.....and asks was that all when you are done. Anyway, I didn't buy it for mileage but for fun......a role it fulfils in spades. Other than ride, the P1000 is a pretty good cross country rig in my opinion.

J

JTW

My son is running a P10005 delux with stock (a lot lighter than non stock) Honda tires and rims and he does chill on his trips. He also is running Fox shocks so the rides are somewhat tolerable.. He is a first responder and gets his hi speed yayas out on roads going to calls in a command vehicle. I'm running 14" methods and 28" Terrabites on my P1000 but still do pretty good on mileage. The KRX just begs to be flogged I got to admit.....and asks was that all when you are done. Anyway, I didn't buy it for mileage but for fun......a role it fulfils in spades. Other than ride, the P1000 is a pretty good cross country rig in my opinion.
He should watch those tires... they’re bad about holes. Particularly, if he’s soloing cross country. I agree with everything you’re saying. I was a little concerned on fuel economy with the KRX this year in Moab. We had no idea how it was really going to do and I had just done the tune and 35’s. Not to mention the weight we carry for overlanding. But with the way things were setup, I could carry 2 Jerry cans easily. It worked well.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He should watch those tires... they’re bad about holes
Sigh......I've been on his A$$ to get better tires since he bought the rig several years ago. At least he took two of my stockers for spares. They ride some rocky and sharp stuff. Got him an ARB compressor and repair stuff last Xmas and , of course, not a single tire issue in several seasons of riding. :rolleyes: He cruises, but a ride isn't considered decent if one tire isn't in the air several times clearing obstacles from what I gather.

J

JTW

Sigh......I've been on his A$$ to get better tires since he bought the rig several years ago. At least he took two of my stockers for spares. They ride some rocky and sharp stuff. Got him an ARB compressor and repair stuff last Xmas and , of course, not a single tire issue in several seasons of riding. :rolleyes: He cruises, but a ride isn't considered decent if one tire isn't in the air several times clearing obstacles from what I gather.
I completely understand... he sounds like us! And that horseshoe up his ass will eventually fall out!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!