P1000 White fuel tank baffle

LIVINTALL

LIVINTALL

Jan 26, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anybody have any tips on how to remove the white baffle in the gas tank filler neck on a 1000-5?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you overfill the fuel tank with the baffle removed and the full tank heats up it could push fuel out of the vent tube into your frame. The baffle is there for expansion room for cool liquid as it heats up, either sitting or running.

But it's your machine.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anybody have any tips on how to remove the white baffle in the gas tank filler neck on a 1000-5?
Someone just explained how he removed his Talon's - use a pick to bend the top edge in enough to cut a slit in that top edge with a blade. Once that's started, he was able to pull his out with needle nose pliers. It wasn't necessary to slit the entire length, just get it started. A precaution would be to run your tank vent forward and away from the hot engine IMO.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought my 2019 Pioneer new and it does not have a white baffle in the gas fill neck. Maybe that explains why after the machine heats up I get a gas Oder in the cab. Time to extend the vent tube out of tie engine compartment. Is this baffle something that you can see with the gas cap off

LIVINTALL

LIVINTALL

Jan 26, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It's a white plastic sleeve in the filler neck.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet this is why my 2016 always pushed gas out my extended vent tube. Is it possible if you don't have it to install one?

LIVINTALL

LIVINTALL

Jan 26, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Gain
Why are you looking to remove it

Gain a little more tank capacity. I can work an extra gallon to 1.5 gal with some patience and slow pumping. It's because the sleeve extends relatively far into the tank. I want to remove it and either shorten it or leave it out completely depending on results. With cramming the extra fuel in I've never had an issue with it burping into the vent line.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bought my 2019 Pioneer new and it does not have a white baffle in the gas fill neck. Maybe that explains why after the machine heats up I get a gas Oder in the cab. Time to extend the vent tube out of tie engine compartment. Is this baffle something that you can see with the gas cap off
It's a white plastic sleeve in the filler neck.
In the Talon it's black and hard to see, well. 'cause it's dark in there. You think you're looking into the tank and don't notice you're looking down a tube (the same diameter as the filler opening). I'd take a photo, but it's black in there.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the Talon it's black and hard to see, well. 'cause it's dark in there. You think you're looking into the tank and don't notice you're looking down a tube (the same diameter as the filler opening). I'd take a photo, but it's black in there.

Got a lighter? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods and CID
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!