Who are the winners and losers of the post cv-19 era?

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just saw an article where a majority of people plan to stay home even after the stay in place ban is lifted.

So it begs the question, what businesses will suffer and what businesses will flourish.

Seems like sxs's and trail riding should become more popular not less.

It occurred to me that we have a drive in theatre in our county. One of two in the state.

Seems like a cure for cabin fever that meets the social distancing criteria.

What do you think?
There are a few tech companies like Zoom, pharmacy companies may also benefit, but i agree that most companies will suffer or even go bankrupt. Small businesses will be lucky to survive. People think businesses have hordes of money but most do not. Surviving will be a challenge to even some healthy business, and when we loose business we loose jobs.

People may be reluctant to leave home at first. However once they gain confidence that the virus is licked, they'll revert back more to normal quickly IMHO..

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are a few tech companies like Zoom, pharmacy companies may also benefit, but i agree that most companies will suffer or even go bankrupt. Small businesses will be lucky to survive. People think businesses have hordes of money but most do not. Surviving will be a challenge to even some healthy business, and when we loose business we loose jobs.

People may be reluctant to leave home at first. However once they gain confidence that the virus is licked, they'll revert back more to normal quickly IMHO..
Well in Vegas I can not imagine what is going to happen.Whos going to want to come and be close to one another?A lot of people come here to cut loose ,so maybe they’ll just party it up and not give a crap.Time will tell.

R

rickoshea

my sons company Abcellera is working with Eli Lilly and DARPA on a covid vaccine so i guess they will be doing ok after all this is done.he's the lead engineer there.

Ddoggy

Ddoggy

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think the teleconference companies like zoom will do good. Also some social apps like Block Party - have 2 friends that make a point everyday to have blockparty with a group of friends

i think there will be some good deals on Sxs when this is over. Likely home improvement stores will gain a little after this as people are doing more around their house.

i wonder about education - kids are basically getting 1/2 a year this year... there is already a divide between poorer and richer kids and that will likely grow as some kids get tutors to catch them up

I wonder about Education too...I think this Wuhan Virus is going to shed light that the “Public Education“ System is more about Hoarding the #’s for $$$ than “Education“ if States keep DENYING THE RIGHT ...Of PARENTS to ENROLL with Home School Charter Systems already On Line and Socially Separated!

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both can be accomplished. Absentee ballots require knowing in advance whether or not you’ll be able to vote at your home polling station. Voter ID can still be assured with mail in voting. On line would be even better with DocuSign which we use all the time for banking, closing on properties, and filing our income tax, all where positive identification is crucial....Voter ID is great, but we can walk and chew gum at the same time. The ridiculous hardship on voters that we saw in Wisconsin yesterday is pathetic in a first world free country. IMO
Absentee is very easy. You do need to know in advance, but when your career makes it likely you’ll be away like the ones you listed, you just vote absentee every time. As a traveling worker I can tell you that’s how almost everyone does it and it works perfect. 👍

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just saw an article where a majority of people plan to stay home even after the stay in place ban is lifted.

So it begs the question, what businesses will suffer and what businesses will flourish.

Seems like sxs's and trail riding should become more popular not less.

It occurred to me that we have a drive in theatre in our county. One of two in the state.

Seems like a cure for cabin fever that meets the social distancing criteria.

What do you think?
I think the mud /trail riding wont suffer much but if they dont open up soon im gonna go crazy. I believe grocery stores will show a small decrease here in the next month. Restaurants will show a big decrease as well. Gas stations will flourish at the end of it. If oil prices stay down like it is because itll be the height of summer. And everyone will want to vacation just to get away and most wont want to fly. Atleast not at first. As far as winners and losers depends on how many rights we let them take from us during this.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder about Education too...I think this Wuhan Virus is going to shed light that the “Public Education“ System is more about Hoarding the #’s for $$$ than “Education“ if States keep DENYING THE RIGHT ...Of PARENTS to ENROLL with Home School Charter Systems already On Line and Socially Separated!
It is all about where you live, public education is going to vary greatly. We are blessed here with a great system.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I didn't stay home today. I started a 75' + - square garden at my buddy's place. I honestly think those folks who are able to produce much of their own food to be winners in the coming months. I'd also say those folks like me can make some good money helping to install a garden. It was for a friend but I still made $50 per hour for 5 hours and the job isn't finished yet. Good thing it's not finished because I think I sheared the gearing in my 15 year old 48" Bush Hog tiller and might have to buy another. Win and loose and win....it's like a cycle .

Side note, Had he covered this spot in the late summer to early fall with a silage tarp, that would've killed off the grass,, he could've kept much of the topsoil I had to remove. If I didn't all the grass I scraped up would just grown into his beds. I'll be bringing in a few loads of eco-blend to mix into and top dress the soil beds and make a more richer media to grow produce in. Then we'll fence it off from the deer.

Getting there....
View attachment 194616
View attachment 194617
View attachment 194618
View attachment 194619
View attachment 194620
I don't think I have EVER seen anyone remove the grass/top soil from a garden ...... EVER.

Reactions: 100Acre
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There will be a LOT more folks that come out on the 'short end of the stick', than those that do better. Before things get better, or as good as they were, I look for there to be a tough depression to come. If we end up with just 50,000 dead from CV in America, it was not worth destroying the nations great economy......... just my $.02

Reactions: TripleB
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Absentee is very easy. You do need to know in advance, but when your career makes it likely you’ll be away like the ones you listed, you just vote absentee every time. As a traveling worker I can tell you that’s how almost everyone does it and it works perfect. 👍
The “have to know in advance” part that you acknowledge, is the hard part for me. You know the absentee ballots are mail in right. So........... for those that seem fine with AB’s, why the opposition to general mail in. As I already pointed out, 5 states have been doing it quite successfully.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There will be a LOT more folks that come out on the 'short end of the stick', than those that do better. Before things get better, or as good as they were, I look for there to be a tough depression to come. If we end up with just 50,000 dead from CV in America, it was not worth destroying the nations great economy......... just my $.02
It was always clear that there would be those who would claim that the mitigating success is evidence that there shouldn’t have been mitigation.....🤔

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The “have to know in advance” part that you acknowledge is the hard part for me. You know the absentee ballots are mail in right. So........... for those that seem fine with AB’s, why the opposition to general mail in. As I already pointed out, 5 states have been doing it quite successfully.
All I said was the absentee ballot system works great. I don’t feel a week minimum advance notice is any serious hardship for anyone. And it’s a very flexible system even in your state. A lot of my colleagues are from Oklahoma and none of them have struggled with it. I didn’t intend to make you so defensive. I honestly thought maybe I could help you because you kind of made it seem like voting and traveling was difficult for you and others. I’m not interested in starting a conflict here.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was always clear that there would be those who would claim that the mitigating success is evidence that there shouldn’t have been mitigation.....🤔
YEP, those saying that were covering the ass of their agenda ........ so as to be able to do as you just did. If your livelihood was one of those DESTROYED by the orders given, you would see things differently.:rolleyes:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
All I said was the absentee ballot system works great. I don’t feel a week minimum advance notice is any serious hardship for anyone. And it’s a very flexible system even in your state. A lot of my colleagues are from Oklahoma and none of them have struggled with it. I didn’t intend to make you so defensive. I honestly thought maybe I could help you because you kind of made it seem like voting and traveling was difficult for you and others. I’m not interested in starting a conflict here.
No conflict is necessary, I’m a proponent of mail in voting because it’s the absolute easiest way to vote, second to on line voting, which we’ll work on next. Otherwise, AB voting has been a PITA for me with my travel that’s not regulated.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
YEP, those saying that were covering the ass of their agenda ........ so as to be able to do as you just did. If your livelihood was one of those DESTROYED by the orders given, you would see things differently.:rolleyes:
It’s been that way from the beginning. Clearly you’re in the minority of values priorities on this one because nearly universal bipartisan support has been behind the mitigation measures. The White House is in full support with Pence’s task force telling us daily that the measures are working, that they must be kept up, and it’s not the time to slack off.....Most all medical experts are praising the state of California who took the earliest and most drastic measures and per capita is doing quite well when compared to other states.

Mitigation worked, it’s still working, and it’s preventing loss of life. And it should make you feel good that Trump is assuring Americans that the economy will rebound, and be stronger than it was....So there’s that.

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No conflict is necessary, I’m a proponent of mail in voting because it’s the absolute easiest way to vote, second to on line voting, which we’ll work on next. Otherwise, AB voting has been a PITA for me with my travel that’s not regulated.
You became condescending with me for trying to help you buddy. Do I realize AB is mail in? Do you realize you can still apply, and submit your AB in person? Even in Oklahoma. It doesn’t have to be difficult. If you just prefer mail in that’s fine, but please don’t spread misinformation about AB voting. What your suggesting about AB may be your experience, but I can assure you most of the people in the two career fields you listed vote this way with no problems.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s been that way from the beginning. Clearly you’re in the minority of values priorities on this one because nearly universal bipartisan support has been behind the mitigation measures. The White House is in full support with Pence’s task force telling us daily that the measures are working, that they must be kept up, and it’s not the time to slack off.....Most all medical experts are praising the state of California who took the earliest and most drastic measures and per capita is doing quite well when compared to other states.

Mitigation worked, it’s still working, and it’s preventing loss of life. And it should make you feel good that Trump is assuring Americans that the economy will rebound, and be stronger than it was....So there’s that.
Apparently you were under the impression my opinions/beliefs were somehow hinged onto the thoughts/opinions of others .......... WRONG. I have had this belief from the onset of the cluster. NOT that the mitigation would not have any value, but rather it is NOT worth destroying the national economy/security for. I maintain that belief.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You became condescending with me for trying to help you buddy. Do I realize AB is mail in? Do you realize you can still apply, and submit your AB in person? Even in Oklahoma. It doesn’t have to be difficult. If you just prefer mail in that’s fine, but please don’t spread misinformation about AB voting. What your suggesting about AB may be your experience, but I can assure you most of the people in the two career fields you listed vote this way with no problems.
Of course I’m referring to my experience, that was always the point. Carry on sir

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Apparently you were under the impression my opinions/beliefs were somehow hinged onto the thoughts/opinions of others .......... WRONG. I have had this belief from the onset of the cluster. NOT that the mitigation would not have any value, but rather it is NOT worth destroying the national economy/security for. I maintain that belief.
The economy is not being destroyed... That’s hyperbole.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!