DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd like to know why it won't work- mostly out curiosity- ..
Me too.

Def a project for a bored retiree/wealthy with a machine shop at his disposal. Ring and pinion swap, custom driveshaft with 2 joints, and possibly custom axles. And Fab a new front diff mount.

Reactions: JWB and Dp5hunter
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
So, they have not mentioned how long they have already been waiting on the broach? Or are we hearing another 14 weeks before production can begin...

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I am on the fence with waiting on Torque Masters at all. They have been inundated with info and date requests but have been blowing smoke up our collective asses for a long time, meanwhile they already have new products out for some new 2018 buggies and differentials. Not one mention from them on their Facebook page about this locker, but a lot of posting about other products. If they were 3-6 weeks out I would expect them to at least mention it on their timeline. I keep poking it with a stick, every time they mention another new product on their FB page I reply with the need for one for my P5...(It would be great if maybe some other P5 owners would do the same so they see some numbers.), but no replies, not even a like. No mention about it on any Honda oriented social media sites at all.
I'm trying really hard not to become cynical- as I normally tend to be. They keep reassuring us that the unit will be built, but if they are still 14 weeks out before they even get the tooling.... I was told last August that they would have a prototype in hand in about 6 weeks- I still have the email.... why would they even say that? I still believe they're gonna build it, but I'm wondering- what the hell happened? I even offered to put down a deposit to show how serious I am about this, and I'll bet more than a few others did too.

C

Chooglin

So, they have not mentioned how long they have already been waiting on the broach? Or are we hearing another 14 weeks before production can begin...
Nope , they have not replied after I ask them when they ordered it.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
C

Chooglin

I'm trying really hard not to become cynical- as I normally tend to be. They keep reassuring us that the unit will be built, but if they are still 14 weeks out before they even get the tooling.... I was told last August that they would have a prototype in hand in about 6 weeks- I still have the email.... why would they even say that? I still believe they're gonna build it, but I'm wondering- what the hell happened? I even offered to put down a deposit to show how serious I am about this, and I'll bet more than a few others did too.
The way I see it , we went to them for a locker , they didn't come to us. They owe us nothing , as far as a release date or a locker.

At least we have some hope that we will be getting one. If nobody ever contacted them to make one , we would still be waiting anyhow...........just remember, they never made any promises !

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I wonder how many P500 owners are actually willing to pay 5 or 600 dollars for a front locker? And I wonder how many Torq Masters would have to sell to make it worth their while to engineer, buy tooling, set up and build them, test 'em and market them? I'd like to have one, but by the time it crosses the Canadian border the price will be well north of (pun intended) $1000, so out of the question for me.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I wonder how many P500 owners are actually willing to pay 5 or 600 dollars for a front locker? And I wonder how many Torq Masters would have to sell to make it worth their while to engineer, buy tooling, set up and build them, test 'em and market them? I'd like to have one, but by the time it crosses the Canadian border the price will be well north of (pun intended) $1000, so out of the question for me.
Let's hope that the volume is what they need to keep the msrp reasonably low.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Most shops- manufacturers are at full capacity right now.if my boss had his way we'd be working 12hrs,7 days a week.if he pushes guys will up and leave.takes time to find designers,material,shops willing to do the work.on top of that if they don't prove this locker out,they're reputation could take a hit

C

Chooglin

Torq masters reply to my previous conversation with them
P500 - Who wants a diff. Lock ?
Screenshot 2018 02 14 17 36 36

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chooglin

Do you think it will be an easy install?

How do we get on the list?

I am willing to provide a downpaymet if needed.
Yes I think it will be a fairly simple install , the worst part of it would be getting the diff. Out of the pioneer.

Contact them through there website and ask to be put on there notification list !

No reason to put money down, some have tried that !

Last edited by a moderator:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!