P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

Livinthelegend

Livinthelegend

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Yes I think it will be a fairly simple install , the worst part of it would be getting the diff. Out of the pioneer.

Contact them through the website and ask to be put on there notification list !

No reason to put monew down, some have tried that !

Maybe I will just sweet talk @jay_man81 to install it for me. Hahahaha

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
And I'm in also, at that price it will sell quite well here in Mississippi. I have 4 other P500 riders that want the lockers as well. And more asking about them. ;)

C

Chooglin

Last reply from Torq-Masters
Screenshot 2018 02 15 12 22 48

I am going to take a wild guess on a release date of June sometime!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I wonder how many P500 owners are actually willing to pay 5 or 600 dollars for a front locker? And I wonder how many Torq Masters would have to sell to make it worth their while to engineer, buy tooling, set up and build them, test 'em and market them? I'd like to have one, but by the time it crosses the Canadian border the price will be well north of (pun intended) $1000, so out of the question for me.
Well they can count on my 5 or 600 dollars lol. Even if i gotta eat Ramen noodles for a month

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Chooglin posted a screenshot of his convo where they stated $429. Which is only $30 more than they charge for their can am version.
Yeah i just went back and read over the last couple of pages of this thread and seen that. I think its awesome that they are investing time and money on making a locker for us. Like someone said earlier, they dont owe us anything. I hope when they do make it sales go through the roof for them.

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Will do Gordon!

On Feb 14, 2018 6:56 PM, "Aussie Locker By Torq Masters" <[email protected]> wrote:

Submitted on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 4:56pm

Submitted by anonymous user: [74.65.27.160]

Submitted values are:

Name Gordon Rakoska
Phone 5855678423
Email [email protected]
Please put me on your notification list when the locker is ready for the Honda Pioneer 500. THANKYOU!
The results of this submission may be viewed at:

https://www.torqmasters.com/node/61/submission/1817

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Might suggest if they plan on a P500 install video, to address the questions above. Bet
. AppalachianMountainRiders could do a video if he was sent one.
I've been emailing about getting one early (and even paying full price for it) to do an install and review but I get the same responses as everyone. We're working on it. About 6 weeks till production. We'll put you on the notification list. And that's it. It's like they don't even want to talk about the possibility of it even though I have a lot of pull and influence with the P5 community (not to toot my own horn...lol.)

Maybe if you guys start emailing them saying you want to see Appalachian Mountain Riders do an install and review before you buy they might be willing, but I would also be afraid that that makes them worried people are on the fence and not so willing to buy.

I don't know.

We all just want this locker to happen that's for sure!

hondasrule

hondasrule

Feb 27, 2017
ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Hello everyone! I have machined a locking spool for P500. Just installed it for drivability and durability testing. It does NOT hop the wheels at all but I did notice the steering has a slightly heavier feel to it at very low speed tight turns. I should mention I do have power steering so this helps greatly. At higher speeds above 15km cant tell any difference at all. I am refining my 3rd proto type for testing/fitment and will bring it to market if all goes well... here is a few pics to check out.

Locker installed 2 Locker installed Locker Locker1

C

Chooglin

Hello everyone! I have machined a locking spool for P500. Just installed it for drivability and durability testing. It does NOT hop the wheels at all but I did notice the steering has a slightly heavier feel to it at very low speed tight turns. I should mention I do have power steering so this helps greatly. At higher speeds above 15km cant tell any difference at all. I am refining my 3rd proto type for testing/fitment and will bring it to market if all goes well... here is a few pics to check out.

View attachment 67631 View attachment 67632 View attachment 67633 View attachment 67634
I think it's great what you have done here , but this is the problem I have with a spool.

"no ability to differentiate wheel speeds whatsoever, putting high stress on all affected driveline components"

hondasrule

hondasrule

Feb 27, 2017
ontario
Ownership

1. 500
I think it's great what you have done here , but this is the problem I have with a spool.

"no ability to differentiate wheel speeds whatsoever, putting high stress on all affected driveline components"
Thanks for the compliment Chooglin. I agree there will defiantly be more stress on front components. My thoughts on this is that the rear diff is locked and cant differentiate. Front should work on same principals with the exception of steering rack tie rod ends and ball joints. Ideally the best suited diff would be a torsen but I cant fit all necessary components in the given space. I am all in on this adventure so I will drive it like its a rental and see what happens. so far I can tell its going to be a rock crawling mud bogging Billy goat and I cant wait till my trails open May 1st. to confirm . I will pound it every weekend and go for the gold. lmao. defiantly will post some pics. and report in GOOD, BAD OR INDEFERENT ,

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the compliment Chooglin. I agree there will defiantly be more stress on front components. My thoughts on this is that the rear diff is locked and cant differentiate. Front should work on same principals with the exception of steering rack tie rod ends and ball joints. Ideally the best suited diff would be a torsen but I cant fit all necessary components in the given space. I am all in on this adventure so I will drive it like its a rental and see what happens. so far I can tell its going to be a rock crawling mud bogging Billy goat and I cant wait till my trails open May 1st. to confirm . I will pound it every weekend and go for the gold. lmao. defiantly will post some pics. and report in GOOD, BAD OR INDEFERENT ,

This is what I love about not only this site, but P5 owners. The aftermarket doesn't want to support us, we make our own stuff!!!
Can't wait to hear how your locker does and to see some footage of it in action!

C

Chooglin

I am curious to see how it works out to , so definitely keep us updated on your thoughts!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just went to their website and sent them a contact message stating I will want one when they are available. I think if everyone here does that it will help our chances.
I did also a few weeks back. They responded a few days later and said i was on the list to be notified when they start selling them.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!