P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If anyone is going to benefit from a locker , it's you. Your type of riding will really test this thing........I am looking forward to your thoughts on the locker once you test it out.

BTW , put the welder away , it won't be to much longer and I think we should have us a locker !
Lol, yes sir! Consider the welder put away

scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
All right guys, I got an updated timeline from torq masters for you.

As some of you know the hold up right now is that they are waiting for their broach cutter to arrive. The broach cutter is what cuts the spline for the axels to slide into. My contact said they will have it soon and are scheduled to send out the test lockers in May! That's only a hop, skip, and a jump away! You can figure they will want a good solid three or four weeks of testing done to make sure everything is sound then it will be on to production.

If nothing major comes up during testing, I'm guessing you can expect the locker to be available come July. Plenty of riding season left! (Again this is only a guess on my part so don't quote me on that...lol)

If you guys would like to be added to their notification list so you're alerted to when it becomes available, send an email to [email protected] with "honda wait list" as the subject.

Great news! I can't wait- I just had 2-3 hills on the last ride where the 3 wheel drive stopped me on fresh unpacked trails.

C

Chooglin

Just thinking , for those more familiar with the "OLDER" Honda Foreman and Rubicon , what are the chances of the Torq-masters 500 locker working with these two models also , or do these already have lockers ?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Just thinking , for those more familiar with the "OLDER" Honda Foreman and Rubicon , what are the chances of the Torq-masters 500 locker working with these two models also , or do these already have lockers ?
My Rubicon is a 2001 which was full time 4X4, no locker. I did swap out the front drive shaft to a cable opperated sleaved so l can switch to 2X4.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Great news! I can't wait- I just had 2-3 hills on the last ride where the 3 wheel drive stopped me on fresh unpacked trails.
Same happened to me the other day. I was making a “shortcut” path down over a hill to some trails I ride and got buried in the super soft dirt on one of the trips back up. Partly my fault cause I wasn’t paying attention and went up in low instead of second so I didn’t have the speed I needed and spun the wheels too easy. With a locker probably would have been fine. Can’t wait till it comes out!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I am not surprised it's taking so long, the machine tool, cutter & work holding industries have been swamped the last few years. The economy is doing well and a lot of manufacturers are investing in capitol equipment. The company I work for is over a year out for delivery of new machines(CNC gear grinders) and one of our major suppliers of arbors(Konig) is at 18-24 months, mainly due to Ford & GM. They have purchased all of Konig's capacity for the foreseeable future for their new 9 & 10 speed transmissions. The same goes for broach machines & broach bars, this is specialized equipment and there are only a few manufacturers worldwide who build them and it isn't cheap. Be patient, I give TorqMasters props for being willing to take on this project to start with.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am not surprised it's taking so long, the machine tool, cutter & work holding industries have been swamped the last few years. The economy is doing well and a lot of manufacturers are investing in capitol equipment. The company I work for is over a year out for delivery of new machines(CNC gear grinders) and one of our major suppliers of arbors(Konig) is at 18-24 months, mainly due to Ford & GM. They have purchased all of Konig's capacity for the foreseeable future for their new 9 & 10 speed transmissions. The same goes for broach machines & broach bars, this is specialized equipment and there are only a few manufacturers worldwide who build them and it isn't cheap. Be patient, I give TorqMasters props for being willing to take on this project to start with.
The whole machining-manufaturing industry is buried in work. they'ed have us working 7 days/wk if they could. All that matters to me is that torqmasters gets it right

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Construction is the same way right now. The union halls are empty and the millennial's don't want to do this for a living so there is just no one available to hire. In turn, it drives the cost up and you can pretty much name your price right now. If they don't want to pay it, someone else down the street certainly will. ;)

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Construction is the same way right now. The union halls are empty and the millennial's don't want to do this for a living so there is just no one available to hire. In turn, it drives the cost up and you can pretty much name your price right now. If they don't want to pay it, someone else down the street certainly will. ;)
@trigger you are absolutely right, we can’t find guys to install water main in my area, they are doing good if they make it a week. I don’t even learn their names anymore, I just say hey you! Pitiful.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
@trigger you are absolutely right, we can’t find guys to install water main in my area, they are doing good if they make it a week. I don’t even learn their names anymore, I just say hey you! Pitiful.
Getting a little off topic but hey....gotta kill time while we wait for the locker o_O

We have a young'n....24'ish....kid we hired a couple years ago. Our Sr Engineer is friends with his parents, so we hire him fresh out of Comm College, send him to HQ in Switzerland for a YEAR & A HALF!!!!! This dumb sh*t still can't set up, program or even operate a machine. All he wants to do is watch dirtbike videos on his IPhone.....:mad: No one wants to work with him anymore, even the Sr Eng that got him the job. We want to fire him but the VP says we have too much time & $$$ invested......WTF?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting a little off topic but hey....gotta kill time while we wait for the locker o_O

We have a young'n....24'ish....kid we hired a couple years ago. Our Sr Engineer is friends with his parents, so we hire him fresh out of Comm College, send him to HQ in Switzerland for a YEAR & A HALF!!!!! This dumb sh*t still can't set up, program or even operate a machine. All he wants to do is watch dirtbike videos on his IPhone.....:mad: No one wants to work with him anymore, even the Sr Eng that got him the job. We want to fire him but the VP says we have too much time & $$$ invested......WTF?
Rule number one: never recommend anyone for a job. I did it once and it bit me in the a*%.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I think that the locker can and will help in certain situations however after seeing several fellow members going in mud holes at the takeover I also think it won’t matter if all 4 are spinning and locked....I think once the machine gets high centered on most anything it truly won’t matter.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
God it's awfully difficult to find good help these days. Living near this bastion of Ashevillians seems like very few want to work and or their work ethics are horrible. I'm wondering how long it'll actually be before we see a working locker hit retail. What I remember reading was that it'd be released this year. Does that mean a designed product or will we see them on our machines this year?

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
God it's awfully difficult to find good help these days. Living near this bastion of Ashevillians seems like very few want to work and or their work ethics are horrible. I'm wondering how long it'll actually be before we see a working locker hit retail. What I remember reading was that it'd be released this year. Does that mean a designed product or will we see them on our machines this year?
Good Help!?! About 50:1 against! This is completely off topic, but if anyone knows an adult outboard or sterndrive mechanic that wants to live in MD, for the love of God, please send em my way!!! Millennials work? That's a joke... right?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good Help!?! About 50:1 against! This is completely off topic, but if anyone knows an adult outboard or sterndrive mechanic that wants to live in MD, for the love of God, please send em my way!!! Millennials work? That's a joke... right?
I got a great diesel mechanic buddy that hates his job in Louisiana.

Reactions: JWB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!