TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Ditto

There is no alternative, so we have no choice but to wait it out.
Exactly, why get all worked up over something that is out of your hands.

I myself think it would be cool to have but really don't see an absolute NEED for it for us with the trails around here that we'll ride on.

The trails around here are groomed snowmobile trails, whooped out sandy ATV trails, mostly flat - some little hills and bridges over the streams, some mud holes but nothing we couldn't easily tackle with our sport ATV's, there are also some extremely twisty, tight, high banked, bobsled run type of trails that are my favorite trails to ride on.

advertisement
I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
If it reaches the 1 yr. Mark (August 7) and we still don't have one , then I will start wondering if we will ever see it. I am still confident that it's not to far from going public.
It's like the mythical unicorn (and Sasquatch)! You hear about 'em, some people think they've seen 'em...the legend begins.

Reactions: Bastardchild
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I just got word from Torqmasters of yet another delay.... oh well. Anyways, I was just doing more research on the possibility of converting the P500 diff to a shift-able locker and found that the complete front differential for the P500 is $882. The complete shift-able locking differential for the P-700 is.....$768. So all the additional components required for P-700's shift-able locking differential, plus the differential, is somehow $114 less expensive. I'll just stop here. :mad:

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Exactly, why get all worked up over something that is out of your hands.

I myself think it would be cool to have but really don't see an absolute NEED for it for us with the trails around here that we'll ride on.

The trails around here are groomed snowmobile trails, whooped out sandy ATV trails, mostly flat - some little hills and bridges over the streams, some mud holes but nothing we couldn't easily tackle with our sport ATV's, there are also some extremely twisty, tight, high banked, bobsled run type of trails that are my favorite trails to ride on.

I can think of several instances of mud and steep, loose hill climbs where it would have been useful this last weekend.

C

Chooglin

Good news
My email to her

Screenshot 2018 06 04 14 37 33

This is Cora's reply to my email !

Screenshot 2018 06 04 14 31 20

Last edited by a moderator:
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just got word from Torqmasters of yet another delay.... oh well. Anyways, I was just doing more research on the possibility of converting the P500 diff to a shift-able locker and found that the complete front differential for the P500 is $882. The complete shift-able locking differential for the P-700 is.....$768. So all the additional components required for P-700's shift-able locking differential, plus the differential, is somehow $114 less expensive. I'll just stop here. :mad:
I know people have talked about putting the P700 front diff in the P5, but talked about the issue with this would be the passenger side front cv would have to be custom made, and it would be super short and probably bind and break. If i remember right, the only difference between the P5 front diff and the P7 front diff is the passenger side front of the P7 diff sticks farther out than the P5 diff. Lets just say for arguments sake that its 2" longer on the passenger side. I wonder though if you could put the P700 front diff in the P5, scoot it towards the drivers side 2" to make up for the case being longer on the passenger side, then use 2 stock length passenger side front cv axles on both sides, instead of having a long drivers side and a super short passenger side. Just thinking out loud.

advertisement
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hell i went to Torqmasters website and emailed them about a test locker. I told them i had a Pioneer 500 on 6" portals and 35's and it has gotten some attention on the internet recently and i would love to do an install and test video, or just a test video if they didnt want the internal workings of their locker to be seen. I told them i had a youtube channel 'PhukDup MudClub'. Im not too proud to beg!!! Lol Although now that i think about it, if they check out my channel, they will probably find that im not too professional like @jay_man81 lol. I think most of the pics in my slideshows are of us drinking beer and goofing off lol.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That's awesome, sooner or later you will have one and I can't wait to see it in action on you're 500. That's going to be a real test for the locker !
Ive already got the first hole in mind that im gonna try it out on first. Its the hole that knocked my front drivers side bead off of the rim out at a place we ride called '10k'. Its at the end of my youtube vid thats mostly of my P5 a few months ago. The mud was thiiiiiick! When i got stuck and had to be winched out my buddy told me that if i had a locker it probably would have made it. I thought so too. Thats the first one im gonna try.

Screenshot 20180604 184412 YouTube

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I know people have talked about putting the P700 front diff in the P5, but talked about the issue with this would be the passenger side front cv would have to be custom made, and it would be super short and probably bind and break. If i remember right, the only difference between the P5 front diff and the P7 front diff is the passenger side front of the P7 diff sticks farther out than the P5 diff. Lets just say for arguments sake that its 2" longer on the passenger side. I wonder though if you could put the P700 front diff in the P5, scoot it towards the drivers side 2" to make up for the case being longer on the passenger side, then use 2 stock length passenger side front cv axles on both sides, instead of having a long drivers side and a super short passenger side. Just thinking out loud.
I'll let you know- I'll have a P-700 diff by friday. May not get to it this wknd, but I'm gonna find out one way or another- I tend to get more determined, the more I'm told "it can't be done" or "it won't work" by people who haven't tried. I'm just hard-headed that way!:) I found a used, complete unit for $360.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!