Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do they require any additive to the gear oil?

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

That thing looks like it will be loud as hell when them big ole splines start slipping past each other to differentiate when turning. Im guessing thats how it operates anyway. I can put up with some noise though to have a locker. Then again, i could be totally wrong. Cant wait for some feedback.
Just turn up the volume on the stereo..........lol

C

Chooglin

Do they require any additive to the gear oil?
Nope

Screenshot 2018 06 07 08 14 59

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just thinking it is Amazing what this forum and members has accomplished. Thumbs up to all involved and the prototype testers, and of course to HondaSxS for this forum. Looking forward to their straight up, real world testing and review.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just thinking it is Amazing what this forum and members has accomplished. Thumbs up to all involved and the prototype testers, and of course to HondaSxS for this forum. Looking forward to their straight up, real world testing and review.
Maybe it could turn into a vicious cycle. Torqmasters locker hits the market, which could make people buy a P5 that didnt really want to because of it not having a front locker. So now more P5s are on the trail, so aftermarket companies start paying attention to the P5 instead of ignoring it and aftermarket goodies start trickling in...probably just a daydream though.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe it could turn into a vicious cycle. Torqmasters locker hits the market, which could make people buy a P5 that didnt really want to because of it not having a front locker. So now more P5s are on the trail, so aftermarket companies start paying attention to the P5 instead of ignoring it and aftermarket goodies start trickling in...probably just a daydream though.
HEY! Next we have to pester a company into making a kit to bump the power up another 10 or so!:D

advertisement
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Does the foreman have an overbore kit available for it? If memory serves this is supposed to be the same motor.
Yes, depending on the year, mostly the older ones....pre 2012....maybe

Reactions: Bastardchild
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figured as long as this motor has been around that someone had to have a kit for it.
Even if they get 10 more hp I bet they still don't win many drag races. It really isn't the purpose of this machine.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I don't know the details on this , but there are a few guys from Facebook running this big bore kit on there Pioneer 500's. They "claim" a 10hp increase! !!!
View attachment 78051
Just called them, 550cc BBK, optional hi-torque camshaft, optional Dynojet tuner w preloaded tune approx $1500... BBK alone is approx $900

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just called them, 550cc BBK, optional hi-torque camshaft, optional Dynojet tuner w preloaded tune approx $1500... BBK alone is approx $900

HP always costs money. You can spend yourself broke trying to keep bragging rights of the fastest machine in your group of buddies. Or you know you could just get out there and ride with them. Your money so I'm not telling you how to spend it. I'm just telling you that if you bought a P500 to win races you probably made a bad decision.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I would say that really tight woods hare scrambles could be competitive with a P5... the other guys need to stop and K turn or stop to shift from high to low if the trail opens up. :)

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
HP always costs money. You can spend yourself broke trying to keep bragging rights of the fastest machine in your group of buddies. Or you know you could just get out there and ride with them. Your money so I'm not telling you how to spend it. I'm just telling you that if you bought a P500 to win races you probably made a bad decision.
You are correct!! If it was in the $500 range I might think about it but at $1K plus I'm out..... I'd upgrade to a "bigger" 50" machine before I blow that kind of coin for 10 hp. I'm not looking to win any races, that's what my snowmobiles are for. I'd just like a 50" machine that'll do an honest 50 mph but I'm not interested....yet... in a rubber band drive machine. Anyway.....I think we've hijacked this thread enough for today. Back to patiently waiting for my locker :)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!