P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

C

Chooglin

I'll let you know- I'll have a P-700 diff by friday. May not get to it this wknd, but I'm gonna find out one way or another- I tend to get more determined, the more I'm told "it can't be done" or "it won't work" by people who haven't tried. I'm just hard-headed that way!:) I found a used, complete unit for $360.
I covered this back in 2017 , it's nothing new !
Front differential lock ?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'll let you know- I'll have a P-700 diff by friday. May not get to it this wknd, but I'm gonna find out one way or another- I tend to get more determined, the more I'm told "it can't be done" or "it won't work" by people who haven't tried. I'm just hard-headed that way!:) I found a used, complete unit for $360.
Hell yeah! Sounds like a fun project! Let us know.

Reactions: JWB and Dp5hunter
C

Chooglin

Thats a good idea Chooglin.
It would most likely work but would just cost to much $$$ for most of us. I think that's what has stopped many of us from going that route.

I am ready for the Torq-masters locker , so we can all get our minds off of this :).........I am tired of spending money on this buggy.

I really wish Honda would at least give the buyer the option for these uprades (PS , WE shocks and locker). It's pretty sad that we as the consumer , have to go to other companies to provide this stuff , when Honda Should offer it in the first place !

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I have no clue but would like to know
I'm supposed to get one. I was supposed to get it last week, but apparently there's is an issue with the first batch of parts that can't be fixed- still waiting for another ETA. Still gonna experiment with the 700 diff until the Torq-locker shows up, cuz ultimately, I still want a shiftable locker. As soon as I get the Torq-locker, it gets installed and tested. Hopefully have some miles on it by the time I get to the H/M ride!
Here's the email I got on Friday:

Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 8:29 PM
To: J BRANT
Subject: Re: Form submission from: Contact Us

Hi John,

I just got bad news from the floor. They discovered an arson on our entire batch of axle gears that can't be fixed. I don't have an ETA right now, still working on that. Might be Monday before I will have an update.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
It would most likely work but would just cost to much $$$ for most of us. I think that's what has stopped many of us from going that route.

I am ready for the Torq-masters locker , so we can all get our minds off of this :).........I am tired of spending money on this buggy.

I really wish Honda would at least give the buyer the option for these uprades (PS , WE shocks and locker). It's pretty sad that we as the consumer , have to go to other companies to provide this stuff , when Honda Should offer it in the first place !
Agreed. If I hadn't found that unit for $360 shipped, I wouldn't be doing it. It's gonna be another fun project!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Yes and if Torqmasters says the estimated price was somewhere around $430? if i remember right? then Honda could make their own lockers and build them in such high quantities that the cost would surely be lower than $430 per unit to have that upgrade added to your machine when you buy it. I may be wrong though, i dont know how all that big business stuff works.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
GOOD NEWS!! THE 'TL-HONDA TORQ-LOCKER' PROTOTYPE IS ON IT'S WAY! HERE'S THE PICTURE:
20180606 151532

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
You guys worry me sometimes....:D As luck would have it, it's the Princesses birthday this weekend, and we've already booked a cabin for the next 4 days- she's already there, and I'm supposed to be there Friday evening. So, if I ever want to get............................. again.. fill in the blanks, I have to make an appearance, so I may not be able to do the install till Sunday, and even that is going to get me alot of frowny faces. So I'll be needing alot of support from all you clowns!:p:D

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
That's awesome brother let us all know how much u love or hate the lucker. Can't wait to buy one for my P500.
Yup, I will give it my brutally honest opinion. Keep in mind it's still a prototype, so it may have some issues to iron out, but it's finally actually happening, and I feel comfortable saying that it has been this forum- and in particular @Chooglin that got this whole thing rolling, and obviously, Torq-masters for responding, taking all the risk, and building a unit for the P-500! God Bless America!!

C

Chooglin

I just got home and haven't had time to check the forums. This is awesome to finally get a look at the locker.

Much thanks to Torq-Masters and everyone else that stayed involved in making this happen.

Thanks to @jay_man81 and @JWB for testing this out for all of us. I can't wait to get there thoughts and opinions on the locker. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we won't have anymore delays !

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
GOOD NEWS!! THE 'TL-HONDA TORQ-LOCKER' PROTOTYPE IS ON IT'S WAY! HERE'S THE PICTURE:View attachment 77980
That thing looks like it will be loud as hell when them big ole splines start slipping past each other to differentiate when turning. Im guessing thats how it operates anyway. I can put up with some noise though to have a locker. Then again, i could be totally wrong. Cant wait for some feedback.

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!