P1000 Wifey killed my dang battery.......

J

John1986

Jun 26, 2020
Walker,La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do not try jumping it off either let it charge fully or put a fresh new battery i tried jumping mine off and now its in the shop

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Do not try jumping it off either let it charge fully or put a fresh new battery i tried jumping mine off and now its in the shop

Solid first post :rolleyes:. What exactly did you jump your machine off with and did it look something like this? I'm guessing you hooked them up backwards and fried the ECM and/or burnt up some other electrical connection.

I carry cables in my rear door and have used them more than any other thing I carry on the trail (they are Harbor Freight to boot!). I've jumped ATV's/UTV's of every make and model and a few vehicles with just the dinky Pioneer battery. You can absolutely jump your Pioneer off with a decent 12v source.

Last edited:
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
The honda P500 uses AMG type 12volt battery .
Not a all chargers are comparable to AMG.( old style )
Using the noncampatable charger will shorten battery life.
Norco Geniu 10 Amp will charge , trickle or maintain ( all automatic ) any of today's batteries including lithium.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!