P500 Winch Install Advice

C

ChrisO83

Aug 18, 2018
Park City, UT
Ownership

1. 500
Hello All,

I'm new to the P500 and I'm installing a SuperWinch Terra 25SR as a first time project.
I'm trying to find the best place to mount the solenoid so its close to the battery, in a relatively dry location and easy to get to; any recommendations?

Also, I'm hoping the circuit breaker will fit in the battery box with a little bit of coaxing.

Additionally, what is a good location to mount the remote socket plug? I thought the grill might be nice but I don't have the means to modify in a proper manner as I am in a remote location with limited tools and supplies.

Lastly, I might tap into the "accessory power socket" for power assuming it's a switch circuit, which wire is the hot?

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Mudder
C

Chooglin

Mounted mine here
Screenshot 2018 04 06 21 08 19

Have a look at this thread for harness connections

P500 - Accessorry sub harness description

SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
What Choog said. Mount everything up high under the hood and get the acc. harness to plug into

Reactions: Chooglin
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@ChrisO83 , consider mounting the breaker just outside the battery box, especially if it is a waterproof switched or resettable one. Nice to have access to turn it off when working on the downstream circuit. Avoid the PITA battery box cover. ROPS cross frame behind passenger seat worked for me. On the remote switch, Mounted on ROPS near where a side view mirror would be. Can reach the switch and still guide the cable back in during respool.

FF6D12B0 97F1 45B1 A70B BE42280FB91F

Last edited:
Reactions: DaddyDubbs
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@ChrisO83, I'm doing a winch install myself. I have a good way of mounting that circuit breaker inside the battery box. I will take pictures tonight and post them here as well as where I mounted my solenoid under the hood.