P1000 Winch mount help

V

Veetee11

Oct 4, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Please help! What winch mount will bolt right up and DONT have bad angle. I know KFI has bad cable angle. I plan on getting Badlands 5k winch. Thanks.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Please help! What winch mount will bolt right up and DONT have bad angle. I know KFI has bad cable angle. I plan on getting Badlands 5k winch. Thanks.
I have a KFI and have had zero problems with it...but if you are comcerned about it EMPs mount inverts the winch for a straighter pull...but then your winch is mounted upside down

Reactions: Rincon and Veetee11
H

HondaTech

What's wrong with the Honda mount orher than the price?

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What I did is unwind all of the cable, then reverse the wires on the winch motor, the winch will turn the opposite way, and put the rope on top of the spool, giving it a better angle, and go in and out correspond correctly with the switch. It worked well for me, hope that helps. I used the KFI mount.

Reactions: Veetee11
V

Veetee11

Oct 4, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What's wrong with the Honda mount orher than the price?
I literally can’t find just the “Honda” mount You can’t even google it and find it. Is it a Warn mount? All I could find is the one on the genuine accessory page that has everything you can think of with it for $299, which all I need is the plate. I’ll attach a pic. I’ve called 3 different Honda dealers and they told me that they sell the KFI mounts.

C4D9D20B 0DF4 4984 86D8 4CC427316546

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I did is unwind all of the cable, then reverse the wires on the winch motor, the winch will turn the opposite way, and put the rope on top of the spool, giving it a better angle, and go in and out correspond correctly with the switch. It worked well for me, hope that helps. I used the KFI mount.

That's a bad idea. This applies too much load to the bolts and mounting feet of the winch. There's a good chance the mounting feature of the winch will fail in a full load pull. The cable should be wrapped off the drum on the side closest to the mounting feet or with the mounting feet in compression.

B

BigBlockBobby

Oct 16, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I just installed a bandland 5000 on our 2017 1000=5LE. The EMP mount will not work with the bandland 5000 winch. The winch body will not contact the winch plate due to how wide the body is. The KFI works fine with the Bandland 5000. Yes the angle is lower than I would like but it works fine.

J

Jerryy

Nov 15, 2016
Freedom, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take a look at the "ultimate insurance" a KFI multi-mount kit (receiver mounted on front bumper, winch mount on receiver hitch, quick disconnect cables for front and rear). This allows you to quickly move and operate the winch from front or rear as conditions warrant. I had this on two previous SXS's I owned and fortunately never had to use it (that's why I call it the "ultimate insurance"). KFI does not yet have the complete kit on their website but have all of the components. If you contact them, they can put a kit together for you. It is on my "next Spring" list of to do's.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take a look at the "ultimate insurance" a KFI multi-mount kit (receiver mounted on front bumper, winch mount on receiver hitch, quick disconnect cables for front and rear). This allows you to quickly move and operate the winch from front or rear as conditions warrant. I had this on two previous SXS's I owned and fortunately never had to use it (that's why I call it the "ultimate insurance"). KFI does not yet have the complete kit on their website but have all of the components. If you contact them, they can put a kit together for you. It is on my "next Spring" list of to do's.

It's a cool idea until you're stuck and it's still not on the right end. For me having the winch protected out of the way has more advantages.

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the KFI mount and badlands 5000. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I am using a kfi mount and a 4500lb superterra 45 with synthetic rope. I mounted it Christmas day 2016 I have abused it and not one problem out of the mount or winch.

J

Johnny787

Jul 28, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the warn 4500 with synthetic rope along with the Honda mount and install kit. It was the easiest install I've ever done in a winch. Almost all plug n play on my 18.

J

Jerryy

Nov 15, 2016
Freedom, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a cool idea until you're stuck and it's still not on the right end. For me having the winch protected out of the way has more advantages.
You can always carry the winch mounted on the receiver "plate" in the bed where it is protected then place it in the front or back receiver as needed;)

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can always carry the winch mounted on the receiver "plate" in the bed where it is protected then place it in the front or back receiver as needed;)
I would never consider wasting bed space for that. If it is in the bed, it's on neither end and I guarantee that I have to walk around the machine and kneel in slop to install it. The worst combination of the 3.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would never consider wasting bed space for that. If it is in the bed, it's on neither end and I guarantee that I have to walk around the machine and kneel in slop to install it. The worst combination of the 3.

Or you could have one on each end!

999187ac04071aae139687e02d0a1cb3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!