P500 Windshield

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Did your old one get scratches? I've had the hard coat from day one and have literally no scratches.
Yeah Honda makes an Optical windshield which is cheaper and also the Hard Coat. I had just told the dealer I wanted the tilt out windshield and they ordered me the Optical one. My fault because I didn't specify. I've had the Hard Coat one for about a month or so and zero scratches. My old one got scratches if I looked at it! Of course I'm an ugly bastard so there's that also.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah Honda makes an Optical windshield which is cheaper and also the Hard Coat. I had just told the dealer I wanted the tilt out windshield and they ordered me the Optical one. My fault because I didn't specify. I've had the Hard Coat one for about a month or so and zero scratches. My old one got scratches if I looked at it! Of course I'm an ugly bastard so there's that also.
How far does it tilt? Or does the Honda one not tilt?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Tips out about a foot

20160213 122337

Reactions: HP5NC and trigger
webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Image Image Image
Mine doesn't tilt out a full 12" but I'd say it has 6-8" travel. When fully tilted out the gasket on the bottom of the windshield sits about 6" above the hood. It doesn't seem like a ton but that along with my rear panel opened up there is plenty of air flow.

Reactions: Montecresto
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
About a foot...is close
I love mine...
bungee doors open
all kinds of air...
Apologies Rocmar, I wasn't trying to be an ass....my line of work I'm just used to being precise with things. Meant no offense.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Apologies Rocmar, I wasn't trying to be an ass....my line of work I'm just used to being precise with things. Meant no offense.
None taken

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol, ok but mama surely doesn't think so.

Reactions: trigger and webby
webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
So both of these are the Honda hard coat?
Is there a better aftermarket one out there or is that the best?
I'm not sure if there's a better one or not Trig.....There may be a glass one out there somewhere but I'm gonna guess it's at least twice the cost if there is one. I can tell you I saw steel wool rubbed on a hard coat sample and it held up. I think it's worth it.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not sure if there's a better one or not Trig.....There may be a glass one out there somewhere but I'm gonna guess it's at least twice the cost if there is one. I can tell you I saw steel wool rubbed on a hard coat sample and it held up. I think it's worth it.
Best price I'm finding is $410. Honda Parts King.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Do you know the sample
was same material as
windshield?
No you dont.
sales scam...
I wanna see him rub it on
a windsheild
cause mines scratches

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
If you don't use a micro
fiber...
it's scratched

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Do you know the sample
was same material as
windshield?
No you dont.
sales scam...
I wanna see him rub it on
a windsheild
cause mines scratches
And you don't know it isn't the same material...all I can say is mine hasn't scratched yet. The other windshield I had scratched on my first ride. I've been treated pretty well where I purchase my accessories and I know the person from the dealer who recommended the windshield to me, I've seen it on his machine. I'm happy with the product and with what I purchased it for. If yours scratched maybe you got scammed.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
And you don't know it isn't the same material...all I can say is mine hasn't scratched yet. The other windshield I had scratched on my first ride. I've been treated pretty well where I purchase my accessories and I know the person from the dealer who recommended the windshield to me, I've seen it on his machine. I'm happy with the product and with what I purchased it for. If yours scratched maybe you got scammed.
What did you pay for yours webby?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Got it from rmatv
think I paid $369.....
90% of scratches buffed out
with rubbing compound
which I do every winter
...till I get glass

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!