P500 Windshield

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered it direct from Super ATV. Found a discount code for $40 off + free shipping. Got confirmation on my order for $359.95 delivered. If anyone is planning to order before July 30th let me know and I'll give you the code.

Reactions: trigger
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Flip, half or solid, if you're going to get the hard coat, you'll not be disappointed! Nice ride Jbird!!!
Are you still operating without the SATV windshield mounted? I have mine here in
the box but my wife wants me to wait till cool weather to install it. Man this thing has a lot of parts!

Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just received mine by UPS but I haven't installed it yet.
Let me know how you like it? And how the quality is, buy that I mean my main concern is how sturdy it is in the up position, how it seals against the hood also.

Reactions: uconn411
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are you still operating without the SATV windshield mounted? I have mine here in
the box but my wife wants me to wait till cool weather to install it. Man this thing has a lot of parts!
Yes, it won't be back on until cold weather. Mine had just five parts, four Velcro brackets and the bottom gasket.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I have the flip up windshield seating at home waiting for me. I have 4 more weeks before I get home. It is driving me crazy to have to wait. I also ordered that plastic 4 gl. fuel tank a throttlemax. All waiting for me at home.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have the flip up windshield seating at home waiting for me. I have 4 more weeks before I get home. It is driving me crazy to have to wait. I also ordered that plastic 4 gl. fuel tank a throttlemax. All waiting for me at home.
I have the throttlemax and the SSS skid plate set setting at home, and I'm not certain when I'll be back to get them installed.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are you installing those skid plates monte or having it done?
I don't look forward to it, but yes, I'm installing them. The Yellow Jacket pilot has a nice shop and though I haven't approached him about it yet, I'm hoping he'll let me bring it there and help me get it done. Pulling the four or five bolts from the OEM's along the passenger side to run all the wiring, I twisted one off. So I'm anticipating more of that. And JCart recommended using nut certs to install the new skids, which sounds a bit complicated to me.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's too bad so many dealers have incapable people assembling/setting up new units, cross-threading and/or over tightening fasteners, or leaving them out or totally loose.:confused:
When I went to pick up my new P500, the idiot(s) didn't bolt seat belt shoulder harnesses up, and later I found a cross-threaded skid plate bolt that broke off trying to remove it. Not to mention some gouges in the hood from apparently lacking the skill to assemble the ROPS. :mad:

Sorry for the off topic rant :oops:
No rant, it's pertinent. I didn't realise that the skids were installed by the dealerships.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That explains a lot about what I've noticed on my machine.
I may get piled on for saying this, but in my opinion, this is Honda's weak link in quality control. I think that they should tighten their standards on the dealership, tech training and certifications. I just cringe taking my P5 to the dealer for work.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There seems to be several out there that have had issues with improper set-up. I recall reading a post about a fairly new member who found a skid plate bolt and washer laying on his trailer after he got his new machine home.
If the person assembling/setting up the machine can't even do something that simple correctly, what about the critical things ?
Right. And I noticed just talking to the shop at my dealership that I was more familiar with the mechanics of the P5 than they, and even got a shop mechanic to concede that he'd had no specific P5 training. He said he was told that it's so similar to other products (ATV's etc.) that it would be routine to do maintenance. :rolleyes:

J

Jshell3

... I recall reading a post about a fairly new member who found a skid plate bolt and washer laying on his trailer after he got his new machine home.
Steering wheel wasn't straight / aligned on the splines, center nut was finger tight, at best.
My dad's was missing an obvious tube end cap on the front. BUT the Dealer made it right... paid the $10 for UPS shipping, too.

So exactly what's assembled out of the crate by the dealer? I noticed the colors on certain nuts and connections that look like factory quality control.

Image Image

Last edited by a moderator:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Steering wheel wasn't straight / aligned on the splines, center nut was finger tight, at best.
My dad's was missing an obvious tube end cap on the front. BUT the Dealer made it right... paid the $10 for UPS shipping, too.

So exactly what's assembled out of the crate by the dealer? I noticed the colors on certain nuts and connections that look like factory quality control.

View attachment 19737 View attachment 19738
I took a rag with goof off to all those paint code blotches.
There were a lot of them. Orange, yellow, green.

Reactions: rocmar
Buckster

Buckster

Aug 9, 2015
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
This is the solution we came up with. When riding at high altitudes, it can get pretty chilly and storms can roll in. It's nice to have the windshield available to put on if it gets wet or cold. We have been very thankful to have it a few times, nice to be warm and dry. We did worry about going through brush, but have had no problems and no scratches and we've really put it through the paces.

Mbug jpg5737

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This is the solution we came up with. When riding at high altitudes, it can get pretty chilly and storms can roll in. It's nice to have the windshield available to put on if it gets wet or cold. We have been very thankful to have it a few times, nice to be warm and dry. We did worry about going through brush, but have had no problems and no scratches and we've really put it through the paces.

View attachment 20353
Buck, that's a beautiful place you have the good fortune to ride. We ride through so much low hanging brush and tree limbs I wouldn't even put a light bar on my roof. My windshield would be trashed like you have it, but it sure is handy to be able to have it off but available when you need it.

Reactions: Buckster
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!