P1000 Wiring Question

J

Jman

Apr 25, 2015
Hey from Ky. Been reading and searching for a couple of hours and still haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for. I just bought a 1000-5 and want to hook up a small radio. Possibly down the road add a dual battery setup, a winch, and a couple lights. But for now, one battery, Blue Sea fuse block, Otrattw switch, and radio. I want it wired key on. Do I run a wire from the key on accessory wire (black&white) straight to the hot on the fuse block? If so what size wire? Don’t mean to be stupid, but don’t need to mess up anything. Thanks in advance

J

Jman

Apr 25, 2015
It might run your radio and a light bar but I wouldn't feed it to a fuse box. Its not robust enough to handle much of a load.
15a limit for most.
If I run a hot straight from the battery to the fuse box it will stay on even if the key is off right? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what do I need to do to be able to make my fuse box hot only when the key is on?

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Use that to provide ignition switched 12v +\-, to trigger a 40amp plus relay to turn power on and of to an additional fuse block.
The accessory socket isn’t going to power much at all the wire is much too small to run more than about 5-8amps.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Use that to provide ignition switched 12v +\-, to trigger a 40amp plus relay to turn power on and of to an additional fuse block.
The accessory socket isn’t going to power much at all the wire is much too small to run more than about 5-8amps.
I'd recommend just adding the second battery and isolator while you are wiring things up. Great peace of mind and easier on the machine for a minimal cost.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Buy the key on wire from the club and run the power for fuse box through a stinger. It’s pretty ez. All the info is here on the search bar. I just put in a on/off/on switch so mine can be hot with or without key.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks like you’ve been a member for some time but very few messages so a welcome is in Order from the land between the Great Lakes!

before all the complex wiring explanations So we know what it looks like of what your doing...

Pics! Or it didn’t happen! ;)

C

Clayne

Dec 7, 2020
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'm trying to do the same setup. Where do you plug this pigtail in at?

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The connection behind the dash for the accessory socket.
This can also be used

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
On your firewall where the 12v accessory plug is..

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!