P700 Won't run over 30 mph

C

Catfish

May 23, 2016
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine did same thing had to replace spark Arester an weld it back . It should rattle while idleing if weld is broke....

A

Arnulfo

Oct 1, 2017
Tomball Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Same problem with mine , but only gets to 15 mph. I have removed air filter and muffler and ran without with no change.

H

HondaTech

Same problem with mine , but only gets to 15 mph. I have removed air filter and muffler and ran without with no change.

Yours sounds like a transmission problem, lack of oil pressure or clutch problems. Seems to not be shifting out of 1st, that's usually the speed 1st tops out at. Or the cam lobes have wiped, but they usually pull a little more speed, their just lazy to get there and won't rev up properly.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
What year?

Do the new 700's have the same seat belt limiter like most machines? Might try buckling the belt if you aren't...
That's a good point

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looking at @Arnulfo's other posts, he has a 2014, so no dice on the belt.

P

Pete

May 24, 2015
Did you discover your problem? Mine is behaving very similarly.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!