BOX1

Working for a living...

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
1986 until 2008, I worked for Alcoa Aluminum Corporation, in 2008 got laid off due to shutdown. I rehired with a Department of Defense contractor as a Heavy Mobile equipment in process Quality Control Inspector! Inspecting the rebuild of our Army Military Vehicles, such as the Bradley Tank, Humvee, MRAP and all Diesel engines and Trannies , drive trains! I left that in 2019 to transport RV's out of Indiana to dealerships across the lower 48! I retired in 2014, with my pension plan from Alcoa. In April of 2019, I incurred Extensive injuries due a accident. I am now Clinically disabled 100% receiving full retirement and Social Security Benefits. Shortly I will be receiving Medicaid and Medicare! Life Happens, but I will continue to Live my Life the way, I want.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That’s what’s up JE.. We all gotta do what we gotta do to go to make money and come home safely everyday.. If it weren’t for everyone of us in this club (& els-ware) making their contribution to society our infrastructure would come to a screeching halt.. 💯😉🇺🇸🇺🇸

I love working with my hands though, love being on different jobsites all the time. Can't stand being cooped up in a cubicle all day, not'n wrong wit it just not for me. Been there done that 😉
I'm not much for taking pics of my work, heres some.
First couple days 👇
20171117 113309

End result 👇
20180118 193506

I try and stick to commercial work for the most part but I'll do some residential now n then also
20200624 120950
20170803 165742

Also through in a kitchen or two here n there

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I love working with my hands though, love being on different jobsites all the time. Can't stand being cooped up in a cubicle all day, not'n wrong wit it just not for me. Been there done that 😉
I'm not much for taking pics of my work, heres some.
First couple days 👇
View attachment 232011
End result 👇
View attachment 232013
I try and stick to commercial work for the most part but I'll do some residential now n then also
View attachment 232015View attachment 232016
Also through in a kitchen or two here n there
You have some real nice craftsmanship brother!!

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
37+ years union Elevator Constructor. 5 years ago I bought out a small union shop. Heres a couple pics of my job.
Heres a modernization we just finished last year. All new overhead equipment
View attachment 149931
A modernized hydralic system
View attachment 149932
View attachment 149933
This a current job we are doing. (Above )Removing the old hoist machine. This machine has millions of miles on it, 12 story building built in late 60's.
( below) This is what will replace it.
View attachment 149934
Also I'm an instructor in our apprenticeship program. I teach on the local level ( 1 night aweek) and also spend 10 or so days in June trading instructors on the national level.
View attachment 149935
You ever meet a Steve Osmer?
Captain for SW

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
1986 until 2008, I worked for Alcoa Aluminum Corporation, in 2008 got laid off due to shutdown. I rehired with a Department of Defense contractor as a Heavy Mobile equipment in process Quality Control Inspector! Inspecting the rebuild of our Army Military Vehicles, such as the Bradley Tank, Humvee, MRAP and all Diesel engines and Trannies , drive trains! I left that in 2019 to transport RV's out of Indiana to dealerships across the lower 48! I retired in 2014, with my pension plan from Alcoa. In April of 2019, I incurred Extensive injuries due a accident. I am now Clinically disabled 100% receiving full retirement and Social Security Benefits. Shortly I will be receiving Medicaid and Medicare! Life Happens, but I will continue to Live my Life the way, I want.
I can a test to that, It was a pleasure to meet you at the Bear Creek ride! We were quite the pair trying to communicate, me with my hearing disability and you not able to talk loudly, I had a great time and many more to come!

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks you sir!
I try n take pride in most of what I do 😉
Sometimes "they get what they paid for" 😂😂😂
JK I try n always do my best. Its the only way I get work, word of mouth. I've been self employed for about 14 yrs and I've never spent more then $10 on advertising. And that was for some cheap biz cards back when I was young n dumb 😁

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
JK I try n always do my best. Its the only way I get work, word of mouth. I've been self employed for about 14 yrs and I've never spent more then $10 on advertising. And that was for some cheap biz cards back when I was young n dumb 😁
Look at you now.. You don’t work for the man you are the man!!! 😎🇺🇸

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Those GMV's are big here's our turbine

View attachment 232047
Hell yah.. You got a love it when they come in on a skid too.. That’ll keep you warm for sure.. Be safe at the CS today buddy.. Getting about that time of year where we move lots of gas to consumers for heat & start pullin from the storage fields..🤘🏼😎

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell yah.. You got a love it when they come in on a skid too.. That’ll keep you warm for sure.. Be safe at the CS today buddy.. Getting about that time of year where we move lots of gas to consumers for heat & start pullin from the storage fields..🤘🏼😎
Yep we have 3 power plants in our district so we are pretty steady year round but moving 260mil today 35deg here

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m a Senior Pipeline Designer - Mapping & GIS for an major gas transmission company. As a member of the USPO Design and Drafting team supporting Engineering Services, I provide quality and timely design drafting support for pipeline projects, as well as engineering and design standards. I also provide support, guidance, and quality control for 3rd party survey and design, as required.

I develop pipeline alignment sheets, environmental conservation and reclamation sheets, crossing plans for acquiring permit approval, and related pipeline construction drawings. Perform QA/QC of survey and design deliverables. Collaborate with customers in Project Engineering, Project Delivery, Integrity Services, Operations, Technical Services, Storage, Legal and others to assure customer satisfaction. I work closely with the pipeline Project Engineer in the development of project design mapping and design drawing requirements, including scoping and estimating of project as well as gathering necessary field information. Create necessary billing of materials as needed per project requirements and scope. Research existing files and databases for map, field notes, and information needed to complete mapping. I oversee that project drawing packages are printed and issued with appropriate engineering signatures. Communicate with outside agencies such as highway departments and third party engineering firms to obtain electronic files of their drawings to use as base maps. Complete, or oversee the completion of appurtenant facility as-built drawings during and after construction completion. Make necessary visits to construction site before, during and after construction. Evaluate and recommend hardware/software as well as procedures to enable the group to work more effectively.

That's a mouth full.. NO HOMO!!

Creating an abandonment plan with CAD Civil 3D while keeping up with the club.
View attachment 231997

Commenting on 3rd party designs to meet our Specifications and Standards.
View attachment 231999
What do you do in the afternoons. 😁 🙃 Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No fancy job title here just fleet mechanic have fleet of 47 trucks all to myself. they all run everyday, spend all night patching them together for the next day.

View attachment 232009
Hey!!! You see my package in the back. Jokes aside, those r some amazing trucks. Specially the ones who get the rural routes with miles of shell road. Then you get to hammer em back together. 👍

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!