Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not really anything. We used to have some nice sand dunes 10 miles up the road, but it got shut down and they are selling the sand for fracking.

We usually go ride at my friend's ranch which is 6 hrs away.

In a few days we're going to the Guadalupe mountains in NM to ride the forest service roads. I've never been, so I don't really know what to expect. It's about 150 mi.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That sounds great, New Mexico is awesome. I’ve got a place north of there, 140 acres with a back gate right into the Santa Fe National forest. You’re welcome to come ride if you’d ever like. 👍😊

WTXoffroader

WTXoffroader

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Kermit, TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
I added a stereo a little while back and I forgot to post it.

I ordered the PBR stereo mount with 2 switch holes originally. The hole for the radio was too low and would have required cutting the plastic to make it fit. The bezel on the radio was also too fat for the switches to fit, so I made my own. I still don't think the switches will fit, so I will need to find another place for them or use a different style.

I will likely paint it black so it doesn't stand out so much.

Ad3cb00faeb6634590a28414e5d93bd9

I put the speakers behind the seats. They are kind of hacked in, but it works and they are kind of hidden. Someday I may buy a new panel and try again.

The sound is pretty good, but the wind and engine drown them out at higher speeds. I plan to add another pair to the kick panels along with an amp. The speakers have a lot more capacity than the head unit can put out.

179db52a0bf76fe5e5de424b99810d50

I also added a pair of siezmik mirrors.

46115d3d9a657fcdf5366f4dff0bc2fa

WTXoffroader

WTXoffroader

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Kermit, TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
A couple weeks ago I adjusted the wheel alignment. The steering wheel wasn't centered and the factory adjustment had about three inches of toe in.

I adjusted it to about 1/8" and it handles much better and the steering is more responsive.

This weekend I adjusted the valves and did the first oil change. Before the clutch seemed to have some lag before engaging. Now it seems to grab a lot sooner.

I'm ready to get it back out on another ride.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
This weekend I adjusted the valves and did the first oil change. Before the clutch seemed to have some lag before engaging. Now it seems to grab a lot sooner.

I'm ready to get it back out on another ride.

Did it require adjustment already at the first oil change or were they in spec?

WTXoffroader

WTXoffroader

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Kermit, TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
After our last ride it started rattling a little bit. The exhaust valves were definitely out of spec. I tightened them up and all seems good now. The intake valves were fine.

My wife's x4 still sounds fine. I probably won't mess with it unless it gets noisy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Steve
WTXoffroader

WTXoffroader

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Kermit, TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
Got some new Fuel wheels for father's day.

7e72a9a8fe59698abf41781ed0e54031

I also installed some STV harnesses about a month ago.

20200524 160720

Last edited:
WTXoffroader

WTXoffroader

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Kermit, TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
I've used it twice for a couple short pulls and it worked fine. Install was ok.

Reactions: jroot327

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!