chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Over 12,000 now and had to replace the shift cable and one exhaust rubber mount. Parts are under $35.00 so far. It looks like the sport models will use a version of this engine package so I expect They will be very reliable too. Like most on the forum I'm getting tired of waiting although I didn't wait. I bought the 2016 Yamaha YXZ even though I knew it had a lot of problems that needed to be fixed. Got over 13,000 on it now.
You sir... do some riding

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I bought the 2016 Yamaha YXZ even though I knew it had a lot of problems that needed to be fixed. Got over 13,000 on it now.
Overall, how do you like the YXZ? Reason for asking, I'm like you tired of waiting and really thinking of YXZ paddle shift model which appears on video to be a very nice unit..

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The YXZ is a race track car and can be ok for the sand dunes. It doesn't have a low gear. On hills you need to be going at least 10 mph or the engine will bog down. On steep hills you need to be going 15 mph. I always use my Honda on the low speed tough rides. The 2019 YXZ should have a low gear and I expect a 6 speed trans. The OTD price may be about $25,000. The Honda sport models should cost a lot less. I refuse to wait on the new models but the Honda quality is by far the best. Kawasaki is next. I have had several failures on the Yamaha.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The YXZ is a race track car and can be ok for the sand dunes. It doesn't have a low gear. On hills you need to be going at least 10 mph or the engine will bog down. On steep hills you need to be going 15 mph. I always use my Honda on the low speed tough rides. The 2019 YXZ should have a low gear and I expect a 6 speed trans. The OTD price may be about $25,000. The Honda sport models should cost a lot less. I refuse to wait on the new models but the Honda quality is by far the best. Kawasaki is next. I have had several failures on the Yamaha.
Did you buy it brand new or used? I ask because getting over 12,000 miles on the original brake pads is about 5 times as long as mine lasted. I'm curious to know if a previous owner upgraded the pads with aftermarket ones before you got the machine if you bought it used?

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you buy it brand new or used? I ask because getting over 12,000 miles on the original brake pads is about 5 times as long as mine lasted. I'm curious to know if a previous owner upgraded the pads with aftermarket ones before you got the machine if you bought it used?
That many miles I think only uses the peddle to the righto_O

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Bought the YXZ new. Brakes are fine, had to replace the parking brake pads, stator, water pump, clutch pedal spring, rear dif seal, and a lot of upgrades for high mileage use. I had to wrap the gas tank and fuel line to fix a hot weather vapor lock problem.

Reactions: 0860silverado
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!