2018 PIONEER TAKEOVER - April 20 & 21 - Ride Royal Blue!

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RB3offroad is open tonight taking orders for all you Takeover orders! Its not to late. Spacers, Flag Mounts etc...

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
The bigger machines P1Ks should handle the ruts ok. Now the P500s, considering there is 30+ I have some reservations that some parts will be a winch fest to get through some 30ft sections.

Just hate to see a group of 18 machines mired down for 90 minutes to get through a section. I reckon we will take advantage of the 50" width and make our way around when we can, but some spots the terrain just doesn't allow that option.

Either way we will overcome and have a good time

As far as actual weather expect low temperatures of about 45 and the highs about 60. If no windshield and roof pack rain gear.
I will put my p-5 against any other in mud.Its a slinger

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We went down turned around and went back up last year. Neither is bad except it’s a little of a pucker by the tree. Going down first gives you a good idea on line up. Going down in the dark the next trip wasn’t bad, didn’t even realize we were on it till half way down. It’s a fun area right there!
Looking forward to the Takeover! I saw the pics and posts from last year and said, "I'm going next year, I don't know who's going with, but I'm going!". So when the dates were announced I immediately booked a cabin a RRB. CumminsPusher, Question for you: I am going to upgrade my tires and wheels. What would you recommend for tires. For the Takeover, I would love to have some really aggressive deep v-lug/tractor looking tires. But it seems like those would be impractical for most of the riding I do. Lots of really good trails in this area, some gravel roads, but also some deep mud holes mixed in. So, I'm thinking an aggressive deep lug that would handle well in all around conditions. I also have a sport quad that I put Hole Shotz one and really like them. Good square edges, but aggressive but fairly tightly spaced deep lugs also. Related question, I'd like to go up to 29's to gain some clearance and also change the offset to gain an inch on each side. Do you think doing either of those is unwise do to the change in geometry?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope.. waiting on parts and pieces. That will be in tomorrow and Wednesday.

Doing Taxes right now so I can come home from my CPA on Wednesday and get busy on the sxs.

I mailed my tax checks yesterday. F my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking forward to the Takeover! I saw the pics and posts from last year and said, "I'm going next year, I don't know who's going with, but I'm going!". So when the dates were announced I immediately booked a cabin a RRB. CumminsPusher, Question for you: I am going to upgrade my tires and wheels. What would you recommend for tires. For the Takeover, I would love to have some really aggressive deep v-lug/tractor looking tires. But it seems like those would be impractical for most of the riding I do. Lots of really good trails in this area, some gravel roads, but also some deep mud holes mixed in. So, I'm thinking an aggressive deep lug that would handle well in all around conditions. I also have a sport quad that I put Hole Shotz one and really like them. Good square edges, but aggressive but fairly tightly spaced deep lugs also. Related question, I'd like to go up to 29's to gain some clearance and also change the offset to gain an inch on each side. Do you think doing either of those is unwise do to the change in geometry?

I’m not @CumminsPusher but I would suggest a superatv intimidator or a outback max for tires for royal blue style of riding (muddy trails) for windrock or the rockier areas it’s hard to beat a roctane. I personally run roctanes but I don’t do a lot of mud. Next week though, they will be flinging mud like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tmitch09

Tmitch09

Jan 18, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Neither one of those modifications change suspension geometry (if that's the geometry you were referring to) they only side effects you'll have with those 2 mods are a little more wheel bearing wear due to the further offset wheels putting a little more stress on bearings..the taller tires will hurt power a little bit but only a 29 won't be extreme..do some research on your tires and try to find one that is light weight but also tough...ITP makes a Blackwater that is super light and 8 play tough and aggressive tread..the down fall with them is they are a harder compound so they aren't superb on hard pack stuff/rocks.. I run a GBC dirt commander .they are among the lighter tires .they are 8 ply and got good bite on pretty much any terrain..I know you specifically asked for a different person but I saw the post and decided to contribute my .02

Reactions: 100Acre and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

CP doesn't know. His tires are usually in the air or not spinning due to mechanical damage.

On top of others mentioned the pit bull growlers or rockers would be great for what you're after.

Do you have a lift? 29s won't clear without one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

advertisement