Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Anyone have the 2019 Wolverine X2 or R Spec, would like power steering, but wonder if the aftermarket PS a better $$ deal. EZ steer PS on P500 working good. More of a slower rider, and looking for the softer ride and creature comfort. Looks like many upgrades over the 2018s.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone have the new Wolverine X2 or R Spec, would like power steering, but wonder if the aftermarket PS a better $$ deal. EZ steer PS on P500 working good. More of a slower rider, and looking for the softer ride and creature comfort. Were the upgrades on just the 2019s or also on the 2018s?
Just don't mention Textron!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Needing good engine braking, Spoiled with the Honda.

Reactions: Smitty335
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anyone have the 2019 Wolverine X2 or R Spec, would like power steering, but wonder if the aftermarket PS a better $$ deal. EZ steer PS on P500 working good. More of a slower rider, and looking for the softer ride and creature comfort. Looks like many upgrades over the 2018s.
Maybe i am wrong, but i was thinking all the new X2's had PS?

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Maybe it was the base Wolverine without PS, does look like X2 has it. Thx.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to yamahasxs.com

Haha. J/K. Lol.
Happy to have you discussing whatever u want as long as its here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I was ging to say some thing about changing the name of the site but? Honda really needs to come out with some new designs or get left in the dust/mud! Honda???????????

Reactions: JWB and Hondasxs
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
alot of misinformation on belt drives flowing around, especially on honda sites, probably made worse by honda sales man. yamaha does t best, there are no problems with engine braking, and i put one belt it after a million miles of abuse. was looking dry ad cracked. the clutching is done by a different mechanism the belt is just the gear ratio. the only thing i dont like about the yamaha setup is the grease, for sure sure would have gone the dry roller setup they have if i bought another one.

the suspension is light years ahead in suspension than pioneer.there is adjustment so you can tune it how you like i had a rhino for a number of years, was way better on on the trails than this. was going to buy either the wolverine or the pioneer, i liked the seat on it and the room but its more layed back nice when your in it but i use mine for work mostly and the pioneer seats/1000lb hauling is what swung me over to it. the pioneer is better for work, i am always in and out of it and heat with wood. wolverine has a softer ride and more interior storage, would be a better trail machine if that most of what you do. i certainly wouldnt let the belt drive sway you you one way or the other, its a non issue, never had one issue with it, besides having to clean the grease every couple years

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
X2 on everything you said about the Rspec. As far as grease vs. dry well that's an on going debate. I have grease and it doesn't bother me one bit. I can't speak toward the Pioneer as I've never owned one. I have owned many Honda products and loved them all. Can't wait to see the Talon.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Would keep the P500 for sure, just thinking of a different machine when going to non restricted trails. Have 20 year old polaris atv on original belt and looks like the Wolverine system is much improved with its actual clutch/belt design. For wife and I, slower trail exploring riding seniors. Thanks to all for the input. Just having difficulty on price difference of X2 vs R spec if the shocks are just the difference, and our riding style. Inventory seems hard to find around here.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sit in an X2 and an origanal Rspec before buying. Or better yet take both for a spin. I have heard many many complaints about cab/leg room along with ease of getting in and out of the X2.
I’d agree with that for sure. They are both nice machines but different rigs.
I like the gear drive better, it’s really nice to be in or out of the power band and engine breaking is the best. But the Yami belt drive is so smooth and responsive, you can crawl without spinning a tire, it’s really good.

Reactions: JTW and Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!