Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
As of right now... if I were buying a sport machine... that’s what it would be.
For a pure sport machine ya me too bar none. Could own it and be out having fun a year before the Talon comes out. They’ve been quietly getting better every year while other companies just talk. Yami knows how to build something. 18 months from now we will be in the market for a sport, I hope the Honda gives me the warm fuzzies and proves it’s solid...

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

For a pure sport machine ya me too bar none. Could own it and be out having fun a year before the Talon comes out. They’ve been quietly getting better every year while other companies just talk. Yami knows how to build something. 18 months from now we will be in the market for a sport, I hope the Honda gives me the warm fuzzies and proves it’s solid...
Exactly.. the new auto/paddle shifter is nice. While I like the idea of a clutch peddle... I’m not sure how practical it would be for 98% of your riding.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Exactly.. the new auto/paddle shifter is nice. While I like the idea of a clutch peddle... I’m not sure how practical it would be for 98% of your riding.
You don’t need the clutch peddle at all. It’s just there for take off and newbies. It’s a sequential shift.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The 2019 has some good improvements. Better gearing for trail riding and radiator is positioned in the bed. Many who own previous models have changed the gearing for better east coast/trail riding. I would love to have a 2019 but not sure I really need it.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I could be wrong but unless you have a recluse clutch you do need the peddle. Am I wrong ? But not on the SS MODEL.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I could be wrong but unless you have a recluse clutch you do need the peddle. Am I wrong ? But not on the SS MODEL.
No. You only need it coming to a stop or taking off. It’s a sequencal not H pattern. You just slightly let off the throttle when shifting and bang it. I do the exact same thing in the Pioneer. The recluse will allow you to start and stop in gear.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sequential shift just means there is no shift pattern like any h-shift pattern in a car. Seguential is in line just like any normal bike is. 1 down 4 up for example.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
No. You only need it coming to a stop or taking off. You just slightly let off the throttle when shifting and bang it. I do the exact same thing in the Pioneer. The recluse will allow you to start and stop in gear.
Ok. Makes sense.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok. Makes sense.
Nice thing about the YXZ is all the different ways you can have one. Man, Rekluse, auto. Can even change specific gears or full factory gear reduction that works right. They have that s*** down. I personally would go Rekluse because I loved it in my dirt bike. Was looking around a little at Yxz last couple months with a grin but we decided tracks for the Pioneer were more important for us this year.

J

JTW

I thought you had to use the peddle to shift on the pre-19 models..period. And yes the recluse is a must if trail riding. I do like the relocated rad too.

D

Deleted member 3748

I'm not dedicated to any brand, though I do prefer what Yamaha and Honda have offered for the last 7 decades. If Suzuki were to come out with a sweet machine next year, I'd be interested. I love my X2 and am very happy with the purchase. I also love the YXZ and hope my wife comes around to see the need to get one. I also hope Honda brings a bad ass Talon to the market. If the Talon is better than the YXZ, good! It means Yamaha will be bringing something new to the table next year. Then it's Honda's turn. Keep 'em coming!

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Anyone have the 2019 Wolverine X2 or R Spec, would like power steering, but wonder if the aftermarket PS a better $$ deal. EZ steer PS on P500 working good. More of a slower rider, and looking for the softer ride and creature comfort. Looks like many upgrades over the 2018s.

I would choose the closest dealer with a well stocked parts department :rolleyes: just sayin :rolleyes:

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm not dedicated to any brand, though I do prefer what Yamaha and Honda have offered for the last 7 decades. If Suzuki were to come out with a sweet machine next year, I'd be interested. I love my X2 and am very happy with the purchase. I also love the YXZ and hope my wife comes around to see the need to get one. I also hope Honda brings a bad ass Talon to the market. If the Talon is better than the YXZ, good! It means Yamaha will be bringing something new to the table next year. Then it's Honda's turn. Keep 'em coming!
Suzuki is the big MIA in this sport. At some point they have to admit there is too much money to be made to stay away.

Reactions: JWB and Todd627
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Suzuki is the big MIA in this sport. At some point they have to admit there is too much money to be made to stay away.
Suzuki has already stepped up in the marine engine arena- already kicking Honda's donkey. They're substantially less expensive, just as reliable, have more features, a lot more h.p. choices, more colors...:rolleyes:... and even a twin-prop gear case option on the 350 h.p. model. Guess a new color really isn't the answer.
I hadn't really even thought about Suzuki in the sxs market, but I hope you're right, and they show up soon with something.. That could be a real game changer!
That Talon better be awwwsssommme......

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I went to a dealer to look at the new Wolverine. They had an x2 R-spec in the show-room. The first surprise is how big it is compared to the P500 considering it's under 60" wide and considered by the reviewers as "compact" and "nimble" for us east coasters... To be perfectly honest, I went with my P500 on the trailer, and my check-book in my pocket to "look" at the Wolverine. So after walking around it a few times, I asked a salesman if we could sit in it. Got permission and we got in, kinda. Neither me or the Princess could sit in that machine comfortably. My arm was outside the machine, and that ridiculous shoulder bolster was dug into my shoulder. I was immediately trying to figure out a way to mod the damn thing so I could sit in it! I really wanted it! But reality set in when the Princess said she couldn't sit straight in the seat without that "bar thing" being dug into her shoulder... I think the biggest problem is the center console is so wide, they pushed the seats outward too far. It was (still is) a big disappointment. Hopefully Yamaha will fix the issue. I still really want one!

Reactions: TripleB
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMO the 60x10 utv are really the ideal size for the woods once you get used to it for years like i have, you have so many benifits like the ride and stability the 60 inch width brings, i went to a dealer specifically that sold yamaha and honda so i could look at all the pioneers and the wolverine at the same time, i had a rhino for a long time, we have a ton of woods and atv trails around here and it was the perfect size to me not that much bigger than a big quad, wolverine and the 700/500 were about the same size. he wolverine lost me on the seats too, too car like, the rhino was like the pioneer, its nice to have the bench in a utitity so you can get in and out a ton, but we sat in the 500 and we couldnt even fit the both of us in it let alone trail crap, so the 700-2 ended up being the best new rhino, room for all the crap you want and bench seat for doing wood or trail maintenance. there are a few nicer things about the wolverine, the storage sucked in the rhino, i think that was what they were trying to improve with the big console, but they went to far to me too the whole purchase point for me for this is the size and being able to do some work too, and the seats are a fail for that

Reactions: JWB and Backwoods
D

Deleted member 3748

I went to a dealer to look at the new Wolverine. They had an x2 R-spec in the show-room. The first surprise is how big it is compared to the P500 considering it's under 60" wide and considered by the reviewers as "compact" and "nimble" for us east coasters... To be perfectly honest, I went with my P500 on the trailer, and my check-book in my pocket to "look" at the Wolverine. So after walking around it a few times, I asked a salesman if we could sit in it. Got permission and we got in, kinda. Neither me or the Princess could sit in that machine comfortably. My arm was outside the machine, and that ridiculous shoulder bolster was dug into my shoulder. I was immediately trying to figure out a way to mod the damn thing so I could sit in it! I really wanted it! But reality set in when the Princess said she couldn't sit straight in the seat without that "bar thing" being dug into her shoulder... I think the biggest problem is the center console is so wide, they pushed the seats outward too far. It was (still is) a big disappointment. Hopefully Yamaha will fix the issue. I still really want one!
Getting in and out of it is the biggest complaint, but you do get used to pretty quickly. There are mods out there to make it easier and the shoulder bolsters are removable. I've not done any of the mods or removed the shoulder bolsters. I just get in and out with a little twist. :)

Reactions: Chooglin
H

HondaTech

Shoulder bars are here to stay, thanks to safety nannies.

The only way that's going to disappear is with a sawzall or a torch.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Shoulder bars are here to stay, thanks to safety nannies.

The only way that's going to disappear is with a sawzall or a torch.
Y'know, I was thinking that while sitting in it, but having my shoulder outside the machine was the end of my scheming, or I should say trying to justify still buying that machine.... I probably circled the damn thing 5 more times before I came to my senses, and didn't drop 16K on a machine I would have to modify just to sit in. If it had been comfortable to sit in, I would have gone home with it. Something else I've noticed about a lot of other machines, including the Wolverine, is that the roll cage is not the widest part of the machines, like the P500's cage. I have pivoted mine off of trees and other (ahem) obstacles, and it doesn't damage the plastics, or anything else for that matter, cuz for the most part the cage is outside of the plastic stuff. If I did that with other machines... I can only imagine. I've had my P500 for three years now, and realize that I've been taking for granted what a tank these little buggers really are. I wish Honda would offer a system like Yamaha's bad-ass Adventure Pro.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve bought two pioneers and almost bought a wolverine both times!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!