BOX1

2020 TO Prison/train excursion

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i see this all the time with the polaris and can ams around my house. never seen a single bike break an axle just off the shear power. its always either an inertia break or articulation break from not running limiter straps.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When I have a long distance ride like this (approximately 100 miles + round trip) I would never take difficult trails. The day will be long enough as it is without people having to negotiate obstacles and try to stay upright.

This type of ride is about seeing the scenery, checking out the POI of the New River Train and the Brushy Mountain Pennetentiary.

Historic Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary

For those that don't know the BMP is a county ran tourist attraction in an old Maximum security prison, the Wardens Table Restuarant is definitely a must do, reasonable prices and good food.

http://www.tourbrushy.com/wardens-table-resteraunt

Optionally you can self guide tour the prison for $12 if interested, allowing about 2hrs to walk the and read and see the history.

Also is the gift shop and the End of the Line distillery they have onsite moonshine and vodka.

It's a good ride, I personally recommend going by trail to it ( about 5 hours with a big group) and take 75% backroads back ( about 2 hours) at that rate it's a 10-11 hour day from departure to return. With several photo OP stops for overlooks and POIs.

View attachment 170904 View attachment 170905 View attachment 170906 View attachment 170907 View attachment 170908 View attachment 170909 View attachment 170910 View attachment 170912

So I was just thinking, I have yet to drive long enough to need a gas up mid trail. Being that one way is about 90+ miles, Is that something we have to consider? Bring spare fuel? Or is there a fuel stop along the way?

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I was just thinking, I have yet to drive long enough to need a gas up mid trail. Being that one way is about 90+ miles, Is that something we have to consider? Bring spare fuel? Or is there a fuel stop along the way?
Im going to bring a 5 gallon with me. Probably wont need it being as i got 12+ hrs on a tank. But really depends on our speed. Which will probably be about 10 or less on the way up from what iv been gathering

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Im going to bring a 5 gallon with me. Probably wont need it being as i got 12+ hrs on a tank. But really depends on our speed. Which will probably be about 10 or less on the way up from what iv been gathering

Cool! I've been told I can get around 100 miles out the tank but I haven't ran it dry yet. The wife just got me a 5 gal jerry can so I just wanted to know if I should find a place for it on the rig or leave it on the trailer. Might make it fit just to have. Thanks!

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Before on 27s executions which are heavy. I could get right at 100 on a tank and low fuel would flash. . Now with the portals i put 30 miles on it the other day running 10 and under and used 1 gallon

Reactions: JenElio
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Last year we stopped at the fuel station and topped off before we left. We also stopped at another station in a small town on the way back. I'm sure there will be a few of us that bring extra fuel, so if someone needs a few gallons we will have it. If we follow the same path as last year, it was a little over 90 miles round trip.

Reactions: JenElio and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may holler at you if you want to go Friday... Amber’s bringing the kids Thursday night. I expect I’m going to be seeing a lot of RRB I’ve never seen before.
Sounds good to me

Reactions: JTW
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I may holler at you if you want to go Friday... Amber’s bringing the kids Thursday night. I expect I’m going to be seeing a lot of RRB I’ve never seen before.
Darn maybe you will ride with the LE group!:)

Reactions: JTW and sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

There is a place or two where you can fuel up, but I routinely run that 110 mile loop departing full and returning with 2 bars of fuel showing on fuel gauge. Running 100-120 miles here on a tank is common unless you spend considerable time in Low range or have portals then reduce that distance by 35%

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Iv actually gotten better mileage since iv had the portals on. Maybe cause i under rated the tire to gear ratio for more torque

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Want to start a new thread for this ride.
@JACKAL has again been good enough to offer to lead this ride again beforbTO 2020. Let's start the planning!

@Hondasxs how about a RSVP please?
This is a pretty long thread, read through it a few months ago. I saw a lot of back and forth on which day. Is there a Thur trip? If so, I'd like to go along.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is a pretty long thread, read through it a few months ago. I saw a lot of back and forth on which day. Is there a Thur trip? If so, I'd like to go along.

Probably will be. Won't firm things up until 5 days beforehand, weather is a deciding factor, that's not a good ride in a monsoon rain.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably will be. Won't firm things up until 5 days beforehand, weather is a deciding factor, that's not a good ride in a monsoon rain.
So what? I have a roof and full windshield.

LOL.! JK, sounds good. Let's touch base when it gets closer.

Looking forward to this year!!!

I live up in WI, so call it flatlanderville.

Reactions: TimG and sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So what? I have a roof and full windshield.

LOL.! JK, sounds good. Let's touch base when it gets closer.

Looking forward to this year!!!

I live up in WI, so call it flatlanderville.

Uhmm flash flooding, landslides with rocks the size of your Pioneer, trees are cool until they are horizontal javelins down a mountainside. Just saying. The light rain, no worries.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Uhmm flash flooding, landslides with rocks the size of your Pioneer, trees are cool until they are horizontal javelins down a mountainside. Just saying. The light rain, no worries.
You mean 50/50 rail slides on the trees?

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gothca. Wowza, really?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4

If everything goes according there will be rides from wed to Friday
But all depends on the trail conditions at the time. Which we should for sure know monday or before cause some are arriving and going super early

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!