CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ran across this little article testing the articulation of various SXS using a ramp at 20 degrees angle. I could see where the additional travel and no rear sway bar on the RMAX2 1000 Sport version could make for a capable rock machine. It bested everything else on the market in this controlled experiment.

View attachment 350325
That's pretty cool, a baseline to compare across mfrs. 👍 Imma hafta see if they did a Talon. 🤔

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
If I'm not mistaken @JACKAL the 4 seat rmax has a rear swaybar, the 2 seater do not have one....the articulation of the 2 seater is just STUPID with the amount of rear wheel travel. I know I've felt like I was gonna put ours over on its side twice but it never happened.
Your correct granite my 2 seat did not come with swaybar and the articulation is amazing.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Reactions: Plumber32 and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here ya go....

Thank you. 👍 The RMAX kicked the Talon X's butt. :( (Talon's swaybar attached) I've watched a few RMAX videos in the Colorado Rockies and have been impressed with their mountain goat abilities.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just read through your thread - wondering if you're still running your P1000 or did the Yami take over full time?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So after a month my right elbow healed up back to normal size and shape. During which time mulled my options for windshield as I have now broken 3 glass windshields in the past 4 years, just not going to do that again. As much as I like glass with a wiper, it just doesn't hold up to my riding area and my inability to keep it away from damage.

Went with my old standby from @SuperATV and got the Hard coat Flip-Up windshield and also got the soft upper door enclosure from them as well. This is probably the 7th Hard coat windshield I bought from SuperATV have installed on as many machines, never have broken one and scratches are minimal if even try to take care with them.

Thanks to @SuperATV I was able to secure the full #NTC discount and then some ;) Thanks very much for the assistance!

Got both those items installed finally, been waiting for it to cool off before putting the soft enclosure on, but did it yesterday just to try them out. Install of the RMAX windshield is a lot more involved than on the Pioneer 1000 but the extra effort is worth it as it seals up perfect with the OEM roof and uses 2 latches to secure closed and partially open. The soft enclosure was also quite involved, had to remove my Roof, Rear Panel, and overhead OEM speakers but install was straightforward and without drama, getting the roof on & off by myself was the biggest challenge. Instructions for both the windshield and upper doors was very detailed and complete.

Here is a few pictures of the doors & windshield closed & open:
Front SATV Windshield closed
Left side SATV Windows closed
Right Side SATV Windows closed
Front left SATV windshield and doors closed
Front right SATV windshield and doors closed

And OPEN

Left side SATV windows and windshield open

Right side SATV windows and windshield open
Front left SATV windshield and doors open
Front right SATV windshield and doors open

Fit was very good and everything appears to seal up very nicely all the way around, works great with the glass OEM rear panel (until I break it too) then will switch to the SATV flip up rear polycarbonate panel that they released only a week after I bought the glass one o_O https://www.superatv.com/yamaha-wolverine-rmax4-1000-scratch-resistant-rear-flip-windshield

Rear Glass Panel

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So after a month my right elbow healed up back to normal size and shape. During which time mulled my options for windshield as I have now broken 3 glass windshields in the past 4 years, just not going to do that again. As much as I like glass with a wiper, it just doesn't hold up to my riding area and my inability to keep it away from damage.

Went with my old standby from @SuperATV and got the Hard coat Flip-Up windshield and also got the soft upper door enclosure from them as well. This is probably the 7th Hard coat windshield I bought from SuperATV have installed on as many machines, never have broken one and scratches are minimal if even try to take care with them.

Thanks to @SuperATV I was able to secure the full #NTC discount and then some ;) Thanks very much for the assistance!

Got both those items installed finally, been waiting for it to cool off before putting the soft enclosure on, but did it yesterday just to try them out. Install of the RMAX windshield is a lot more involved than on the Pioneer 1000 but the extra effort is worth it as it seals up perfect with the OEM roof and uses 2 latches to secure closed and partially open. The soft enclosure was also quite involved, had to remove my Roof, Rear Panel, and overhead OEM speakers but install was straightforward and without drama, getting the roof on & off by myself was the biggest challenge. Instructions for both the windshield and upper doors was very detailed and complete.

Here is a few pictures of the doors & windshield closed & open:
View attachment 353621View attachment 353622View attachment 353623View attachment 353624View attachment 353625

And OPEN

View attachment 353626
View attachment 353627View attachment 353628View attachment 353629

Fit was very good and everything appears to seal up very nicely all the way around, works great with the glass OEM rear panel (until I break it too) then will switch to the SATV flip up rear polycarbonate panel that they released only a week after I bought the glass one o_O https://www.superatv.com/yamaha-wolverine-rmax4-1000-scratch-resistant-rear-flip-windshield

View attachment 353630
Did you break a glass one on the Rmax or just the pioneers? I understand some of the people that b**** about the superatv flip up, but it's priceless to me. I have to open and close it probably 30 plus times a ride to satisfy my wife. No way that could happen with a fold down. A glass would be nice Dec-feb.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Did you break a glass one on the Rmax or just the pioneers? I understand some of the people that b**** about the superatv flip up, but it's priceless to me. I have to open and close it probably 30 plus times a ride to satisfy my wife. No way that could happen with a fold down. A glass would be nice Dec-feb.
I broke the RMAX glass, barely cracked 1/2" (FIRST DAMN RIDE OUT with it TOO!!!) when I flopped it a month ago, it then cracked all the way across during the 45 mile ride home.

the @SuperATV windshield has been priceless to me too, I've hit thing 50X over that would have broken glass every time.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So the superatv windshield uses 2 latches?
Can the passenger side be opened while belted in? Or is it a reach?
Just curious. Haven't really been around your machine to know the width.

Yes I can do both sides from drivers seat with regular seatbelt, no problem, now 4 point harness might not allow that much movement.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL what happened to your carnivores. I noticed the Bighorn tires on it.
Same day I flopped it I also jammed a sharp rock and cut sidewall out of OEM front tire. Also they were wearing down fast, like 40%+ in 1800 miles.

An exact replacement was $284 for one tire Maxxis Carnage 29x9x14 through RMATV ($326 MSRP) .

So I had great luck with Bighorn copies sold by RMATV called Tusk Trilobyte in 29x9x14 and 29x11x14 ran 2 sets over 8k miles on my P1K5 LE and never had a flat with them. Also TWO Trilobytes in that size are $50 less than one OEM tire, so I just got a full set and called it a day.

The Trilobytes do great for all around traction and ride.

Anyone want 3 RMAX4 1000 OEM tires I will sell them $50 each, 2 rear & one front 😛

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I haven't posted about my ownership experience with my RMAX4 XT-R since last September. Trying not to be one of those KRX guys on the wrong forum.

Still, 3100 miles now. No issues, only basic maintenance oil changes, filters. Have not done the recommend CVT clutch inspection at 1600 miles, everything performing as it should.

I will do the CVT inspection/ service some time this fall probably at 5k miles. Simply cleaning, inspection, and lubrication of the parts. On this model CVT is between front seats and have to remove several panels to get to easily. Not hard, just procrastinating.

I still miss the quiet Honda power train vs. the RMAX CVT setup. I would gladly give up 30 hp to have the P1K DCT instead. That's my only complaint.

Last ride with club April 28/29th.

20230429 105957
20230429 113547
20230429 122409
20230429 113554
20230429 122414

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I sat in the back of an 850 the other day and the tunnel seemed to invade the leg space a little bit. My first impression was that might get uncomfortable. So my question is really if anyone has mentioned that aspect of things?

I’m also not sure if the 850 and 1000 are truly the same chassis like the salesman said. Do you happen to know?
I believe the 1000 RMAX is completely different than the 850 much like the difference between P700 and P1000 different class machines entirely.

Yes I too have ridden in the back of my own machine. Other than the PITA hump to get over in and out, once in the seat it is comfortable. It's not like you can spread out in the back seat of a Ford Supercrew cab, but you can place your legs against the tunnel and door and be comfortable.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe the 1000 RMAX is completely different than the 850 much like the difference between P700 and P1000 different class machines entirely.

Yes I too have ridden in the back of my own machine. Other than the PITA hump to get over in and out, once in the seat it is comfortable. It's not like you can spread out in the back seat of a Ford Supercrew cab, but you can place your legs against the tunnel and door and be comfortable.
I’m going to have to look at the back seat of a 1000 then. I spent a day riding in shooter’s 2 seater at TO. I liked it. If the back seat is in the ballpark of comfortable I have to seriously consider the RMAX4. You have your daughters wedding and won’t be at MOM now, correct?

I rode in the back of a Talon X4 for about 20 minutes and it felt cramped to me. It had a speaker mounted to the rear grab bar though in the center so it could have been mostly that being where my knee naturally wanted to be.

The motor failures I’ve heard about with the KRX makes me very nervous about getting that 4 seater but sitting in one is definitely comfortable both front and back.

I have to look at the P1K6 in person as well. It’s the least appealing to me personally but it probably makes the most sense in reality for my family.

Damn decisions. Lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!