Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Oh, I also bought some clear adhesive backed vinyl and cut it to seal the holes on the screen cover.

View attachment 94398

FYI those holes in the cases are designed to vent heat off the tablets. If you get it acting weird in warm weather it is likely getting to hot from not letting heat out. Using it as a GPS taxes the processor while tracking / recording a route as well as the graphics core to draw the screen. FYI

The complete waterproof tablets are designed with the back as a big heatsink.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
J

JTW

FYI those holes in the cases are designed to vent heat off the tablets. If you get it acting weird in warm weather it is likely getting to hot from not letting heat out. Using it as a GPS taxes the processor while tracking / recording a route as well as the graphics core to draw the screen. FYI

The complete waterproof tablets are designed with the back as a big heatsink.
If it’s that hot out.. I prolly won’t be riding. But as I recall the holes I filled had something to do with the microphone noise canceling or a reset maybe.. the other was an audio jack. Seems like there may have been some small speaker holes. I’m pretty sure I looked them up before I plugged them. But either way that’s good to know... if it ever does act weird I’ll pitch it in the cooler.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If it’s that hot out.. I prolly won’t be riding. But as I recall the holes I filled had something to do with the microphone noise canceling or a reset maybe.. the other was an audio jack. Seems like there may have been some small speaker holes. I’m pretty sure I looked them up before I plugged them. But either way that’s good to know... if it ever does act weird I’ll pitch it in the cooler.

Mainly its the big hole on back around the camera

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I went with the 8" Galaxy. Ordered the Fintie case from Amazon and the Ram 1.5" ball mounts with the adjustable track mount for the dash.

Still waiting for the teack mount to be delivered. The Fintie case was a great deal at $14 vs the $50 for the OTTER box.
It is just as good a quality and fit as any of the other boxes I have!

IMG 20181126 183040928 HDR 600x800
IMG 20181126 183119202 HDR 600x800

Reactions: sharp and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I went with the 8" Galaxy. Ordered the Fintie case from Amazon and the Ram 1.5" ball mounts with the adjustable track mount for the dash.

Still waiting for the teack mount to be delivered. The Fintie case was a great deal at $14 vs the $50 for the OTTER box.
It is just as good a quality and fit as any of the other boxes I have!

View attachment 95047 View attachment 95048

does the finite case fit in the ram tab-tote withough modifications and is it easy to remove?

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
does the finite case fit in the ram tab-tote withough modifications and is it easy to remove?

Yes it did fit with no mods and it is snug but still easy to remove. I really do not believe it will bounce out.

I used Ram HOL-TAB29U and
The Fintie Shock Proof case for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 model T 380/T385

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes it did fit with no mods and it is snug but still easy to remove. I really do not believe it will bounce out.

I used Ram HOL-TAB29U and
The Fintie Shock Proof case for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 model T 380/T385

yeah I have the Tab-tite and Otterbox case from a Verizon store because I got tired of sending cases back to Amazon that fit a 8" Galaxy Tab E that didn't fit. The Otterbox in the Tab-tite even with some thickness shaved off fits like 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag. If the Finite is $15 that is $65 less than a mount that will hold the Otterbox without using a crowbar to get it out.

Reactions: BWAF, JTW and sharp
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yeah I have the Tab-tite and Otterbox case from a Verizon store because I got tired of sending cases back to Amazon that fit a 8" Galaxy Tab E that didn't fit. The Otterbox in the Tab-tite even with some thickness shaved off fits like 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag. If the Finite is $15 that is $65 less than a mount that will hold the Otterbox without using a crowbar to get it out.
I have Tab A, but sure they make one for Tab E.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my GPS setup in. I love it. I could not find a mount that I 100% liked so I made my own and I'm super happy with it. Doesn't shake. Super sturdy. The 8" Samsung is a good fit for me. I think it all depends on where its mounted. The big question is what free app are we using and why? The Gaia GPS app works the best for me so far. Minamal downloading, very accurate, no adds, easy to use.

0206191935a Screenshot 2019 02 15 09 00 04 1

Reactions: BWAF and THEOLDMAN
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my GPS setup in. I love it. I could not find a mount that I 100% liked so I made my own and I'm super happy with it. Doesn't shake. Super sturdy. The 8" Samsung is a good fit for me. I think it all depends on where its mounted. The big question is what free app are we using and why? The Gaia GPS app works the best for me so far. Minamal downloading, very accurate, no adds, easy to use.

View attachment 108784 View attachment 108785
They make a anti-glare film to put on those screens and man it is wonderful

Reactions: BWAF
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just an update. Had my setup for awhile now and several trips. Love it. No issues, stays tight. Not too bouncy.

20190118 171938 600x800 600x800
20190118 171949 600x800

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!