Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Didnt Silber Turbo have an PCM flash that could featured adjusted shift profile and rpm?
They just raised the max RPM. The Jackson racing guys, secondhand, with the factory looking turbo kit said something about having to do something to the trans. I think they are probably getting help straight from Honda to get access if required. I believe Dynojet also has a flash tuner now. Silber told me he had no plans to crack the trans stuff unless demand came for it.

Z

Zmorris83

SXS ECUs and the associated systems are extremely simplistic compared to modern cars and trucks...

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
SXS ECUs and the associated systems are extremely simplistic compared to modern cars and trucks...
U would think but I guess demand is not there. I've got a talon ecu sitting here to be grafted into the pioneer sometime in the near future.

Reactions: popeye and lee
H

HondaTech

They just raised the max RPM. The Jackson racing guys, secondhand, with the factory looking turbo kit said something about having to do something to the trans. I think they are probably getting help straight from Honda to get access if required. I believe Dynojet also has a flash tuner now. Silber told me he had no plans to crack the trans stuff unless demand came for it.

I saw the DynoJet thing that plugs into the diagnostic port and flashes the PCM. We're looking into modifying our GM's for woods racing. I think Alba is working on a cam for it as well.

Reactions: russknight
Z

Zmorris83

U would think but I guess demand is not there. I've got a talon ecu sitting here to be grafted into the pioneer sometime in the near future.
I can clone the Talon ecu into a Pioneer. Not sure I'd want my Pioneer to shift like a Talon (at light throttle.)

Reactions: red1329
Z

Zmorris83

Ordered the Talon cam and springs, Africa Twin spring seats, Talon reverse gear and reverse idler, all the Pioneer sub-trans gaskets and seals, and Pioneer reverse shifter. $550 with priority shipping. Seems really cheap to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Anyone have the reflash done? If so, what did it do?

C

Cummins_sxe

Aug 8, 2018
NAPLES FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any updated on this, im interested in the reverse and tuning

Z

Zmorris83

My back ordered parts came in yesterday for the reverse and Talon cam upgrade. I'll get some measurements today to verify interchangeability.

The tuning will be available in 90 to 120 days most likely.

C

Cummins_sxe

Aug 8, 2018
NAPLES FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My back ordered parts came in yesterday for the reverse and Talon cam upgrade. I'll get some measurements today to verify interchangeability.

The tuning will be available in 90 to 120 days most likely.

Who’s providing the tune? You
It’s going to be a reflash style? Sent the Ecu in

What power gain between the tune and cam u think you can get?

Reactions: JTW
Z

Zmorris83

Who’s providing the tune? You
It’s going to be a reflash style? Sent the Ecu in

What power gain between the tune and cam u think you can get?
Yes, I'm investing into this personally (time, expertise and my own cash). Yes, reflash is the goal. A cloud based, 4G LTE handheld that will retail around 5 to 600 is what's on the table. Full functionality, full access. If the market was bigger it could happen sooner, but for now it's basically just a personal pet project piggy backing on a much larger, much more profitable market. It will probably be available after SEMA unfortunately. I really can't say anything more since I'm not a vendor on this forum.

With the ATwin TB adapter, Talon valvetrain and tune I would be very surprised to see less than 98hp on 87 octane (slightly more on 93 octane.) 104 on E70. 108 on E85. 140 on M50 methanane. (based on valve timing, lift and head flow)

Z

Zmorris83

I was too busy to get measurements today on the reverse upgrade. Probably won't happen til the middle of next week. A Pioneer with no reverse is really annoying, but I simply don't have time to make headway on it.

Reactions: Cummins_sxe
C

Cummins_sxe

Aug 8, 2018
NAPLES FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I'm investing into this personally (time, expertise and my own cash). Yes, reflash is the goal. A cloud based, 4G LTE handheld that will retail around 5 to 600 is what's on the table. Full functionality, full access. If the market was bigger it could happen sooner, but for now it's basically just a personal pet project piggy backing on a much larger, much more profitable market. It will probably be available after SEMA unfortunately. I really can't say anything more since I'm not a vendor on this forum.

With the ATwin TB adapter, Talon valvetrain and tune I would be very surprised to see less than 98hp on 87 octane (slightly more on 93 octane.) 104 on E70. 108 on E85. 140 on M50 methanane. (based on valve timing, lift and head flow)
I appreciate your answer and response those numbers are very very good makes me very interested in that Tuning definitely let us know when it’s available or I need to contact you personally
One question though I see that you bought the Africa twin valve spring seats not the talon also do you already have the Africa twin throttle body And is that a direct bolt on

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Z

Zmorris83

The Talon uses ATwin valvespring seats, Talon valvesprings and Pioneer valvespring retainers. ATwin throttle body is the same as the Pioneer. The Pioneer TB adapter acts as a "restrictor plate" so you only need the adapter from a ATwin.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The Twin TB adapter is missing a couple of mounting holes. Might not matter but I felt better boring the stock adapter.

Reactions: joeymt33
C

Cummins_sxe

Aug 8, 2018
NAPLES FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Twin TB adapter is missing a couple of mounting holes. Might not matter but I felt better boring the stock adapter.

How much would affect running the engine if i bore or replaced the TB adapter, replace the cam and valve springs without tuning?
because i rather do this and wait for the tuner.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
How much would affect running the engine if i bore or replaced the TB adapter, replace the cam and valve springs without tuning?
because i rather do this and wait for the tuner.
You will have to tune it, either by a PCV/Autotune or Reflash. The fuel is way off. Be prepared to loose a lot of power off idle with the big cam and the pioneer's soft torque management.

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
C

Cummins_sxe

Aug 8, 2018
NAPLES FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will have to tune it, either by a PCV/Autotune or Reflash. The fuel is way off. Be prepared to loose a lot of power off idle with the big cam and the pioneer's soft torque management.

So how's the Talon does not lose power off idle?
Does it need bigger injectors or is just the power management can't be adjusted with a tune?
Hopefully when Zmorris83 comes out with the tuning it be better off idle

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
So how's the Talon does not lose power off idle?
Does it need bigger injectors or is just the power management can't be adjusted with a tune?
Hopefully when Zmorris83 comes out with the tuning it be better off idle
Nobody has cracked into the torque management yet, only fuel and timing. The stock injectors are fine. I swapped to the Talon ECU and hope to get some real riding in soon. So far it feels better but still a lot of tweaking to do.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!