P1000 Air Conditioning ATTN Honda offer complete package turn key machine

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear ya. I don't care one way or the other how anyone uses their machine. No judgements here! I just get irritated when a poster replies "hahaha..." as if it's a stupid question when it is in fact, a very good question. And I don't believe his 98% of P1K owners use them like he does. If so, then ofrcboy and myself must be in the 2% because I know I would never have problems with my "intercooler" ( I think he means condenser ) plugging up with mud.
Thank You for your comment

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hear ya. I don't care one way or the other how anyone uses their machine. No judgements here! I just get irritated when a poster replies "hahaha..." as if it's a stupid question when it is in fact, a very good question. And I don't believe his 98% of P1K owners use them like he does. If so, then ofrcboy and myself must be in the 2% because I know I would never have problems with my "intercooler" ( I think he means condenser ) plugging up with mud.
Boy! You boys get wound pretty tight lately, the most of us couldn't keep an AC system intact after we unloaded for 5 minutes in the woods, think the difference in both sides is, we use them differently. OK?

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Can we get a close up pic of how the fans are mounted? Also what is the windshield?

I have 2 of the same fans and I am trying to decide where and how to mount them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just found a piece of stiff plastic I had laying around my garage about 1/4 or 3/8 inch thick x 3" wide x 12" long.Mount the 2 fans to that. Drill a 5/16" hole in the center of the plastic. I already had a bar clamp on my front roll bar for a rear view mirror so I just put a longer 5/16" bolt in my mirror clamp to accommodate both the mirror and fans.Easily removed with a wing nut when not being used. Here are the only pics I can find at the moment. The wire ran thru the fans you see keeps them from free spinning while traveling. They are the shi* when it's hot out !

IMG 0128
IMG 0130
IMG 0131

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a feeling that if Honda made an air conditioned SXS and no other manufacturer did, you'd think it was a brilliant idea and a fantastic feat of engineering that the masses could enjoy, and "PooPoo, canned ham" etc (as you childishly call them) would be too crappy to offer it. The man is asking if anyone has heard of Honda developing a P1K equipped with factory cab and A/C because he loves his Honda but would like it to be more comfortable. Not everyone with a SXS uses it like a submarine. Some people actually use them to WORK. To me, a SXS with A/C is as practical as any large farm implement with A/C, which I can't think of any model that doesn't have one. Try working, (not playing) in the south Louisiana heat and humidity day in and day out and see if you wouldn't agree. Now...an A/C in a Talon??? I'd agree with you that that would be silly.

Agree 100% thanks for adding your thoughts. You put it into words much better than I could have.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve read all of the responses about the lack of an a/c option today. I bought my pk1 for fun in the desert and although I’m the oddball in the group of mostly RZR’s ,I manage to go everywhere they do without major damage. Just rode in my son-in-laws new 4 door defender with heat and a/c and it is nice for him, but he wouldn’t be able to go to half of the places I can. The insulation and sealing required probably added at least 500 pounds to his rig and then there’s the ground clearance problem. Figure out what you want your machine to do then buy the unit which will satisfy the most important issues.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’ve read all of the responses about the lack of an a/c option today. I bought my pk1 for fun in the desert and although I’m the oddball in the group of mostly RZR’s ,I manage to go everywhere they do without major damage. Just rode in my son-in-laws new 4 door defender with heat and a/c and it is nice for him, but he wouldn’t be able to go to half of the places I can. The insulation and sealing required probably added at least 500 pounds to his rig and then there’s the ground clearance problem. Figure out what you want your machine to do then buy the unit which will satisfy the most important issues.
You are just looking at the wrong model, here ya go......

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
AC ( left side of picture) cost us twice as much as the Honda......but we got 4wheel steering, dump bed (hydraulic not like the Pioneer), a blazing fast top end of 18 mph (that's pushing it down hill), turbo diesel with 20 something less hp than the Honda, and a whopping 4" of suspension travel with no Fox shocks option. The ultimate comfortable cab, rough riding, SXS. The AC works pretty good tho. I'll take the Honda across the neighborhood during the summer 10x before I'll take AC machine.
20200429 112701

advertisement
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
. I wonder how much Mahindra has to pay Jeep for the reduced size copy?
I think it was a complete cease and and desist order from Jeep. The posted Mahindra was one of a small fleet the vendor was selling. All appeared be unsold models that were a year old.I was surprised they offered models with AC.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it was a complete cease and and desist order from Jeep. The posted Mahindra was one of a small fleet the vendor was selling. All appeared be unsold models that were a year old.I was surprised they offered models with AC.
If I were interested in a real Jeep it for sure would have a/c, but then I wouldn’t be allowed on some of the fun trails around here. Some of the guys I ride with on the sxs’s also have Jeep’s with super articulation, 40” tires and wild Chevy v8’s, but that would probably lead me to the poor house and divorce. Gotta have fun with with what you have.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!