Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You really don't get it, do you? And you come off as a salesman from the powersports industry. The attitude is unmistakable.
No, I’m not a salesman from the Powersports industry. I work in nanotechnology. I deleted that post btw, it was uncalled for and I apologize.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I'll bite. It looks like a metal tent, with wheels. It's butt freaking ugly.
Keep going, I’m starting to change my mind about you. I agree 100%

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No, I’m not a salesman from the Powersports industry. I work in nanotechnology. I deleted that post btw, it was uncalled for and I apologize.

Well, I worked really hard and saved for a very long time to have so much money to spend. I'm anything but rich, and money really doesn't matter to me, except when it comes to the ever-increasing cost of literally... everything. However, it does show my discipline and determination. Combined with my mechanical and electrical experience, it makes me the ideal person to start a nice build project. And I'm not talking about slapping on some accessories and calling it a day.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have you thought of buying a new leftover 19' model. If you can find them still (not sure) they haven't changed much if anything so the cost would be much less and you could start your project sooner then later

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I worked really hard and saved for a very long time to have so much money to spend. I'm anything but rich, and money really doesn't matter to me, except when it comes to the ever-increasing cost of literally... everything. However, it does show my discipline and determination. Combined with my mechanical and electrical experience, it makes me the ideal person to start a nice build project. And I'm not talking about slapping on some accessories and calling it a day.
I like hard work, it’s always served me well. There are several good to great build threads and guys are always pushing into new territory on mods. You’ll be a good fit and I wish you the best of luck. Once again, I apologize for being an ahole.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you thought of buying a new leftover 19' model. If you can find them still (not sure) they haven't changed much if anything so the cost would be much less and you could start your project sooner then later
I’ve heard the 19s are like unicorns. My buddy Rob couldn’t find one and had to buy a 20.

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I really have too much going on right now to start a build project, and all local dealers are sold out. Even the used models are gone. Regardless, I plan to buy a 2021 model this fall or winter, which gives me plenty of time to get other stuff done as I plan ahead for the eventual Pioneer build project.

Things would be much easier if I had an actual machine to work with. Trying to find good clear high-resolution images of whatever I want to see is extremely frustrating.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah the 2020’s are scarce in my area too. The only thing left is a few lime green P1k5 limited outfits left but that’s it.

The base and deluxe models are all gone.

Quite a few talons for sale yet.

advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awwwww... You guys got me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside!!! Glad to see two members can work things out and actually apologize for being A-holes!!! Much luv to you guys...
I’m the only one who apologized for being an A-hole. 😂

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does anyone have clear pictures of the factory air intake snorkle resonance tube assembly, preferably with it removed from the machine? It's part numbers 13, 14 and 15 in the diagram below.

View attachment 212292

Back on topic, I'm still trying to find a decent picture of that pesky air intake tube, part number 15 on the diagram.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back on topic, I'm still trying to find a decent picture of that pesky air intake tube, part number 15 on the diagram.
What’s your idea of a decent pic? Machine seats and everything removed to see it in place?

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What’s your idea of a decent pic? Machine seats and everything removed to see it in place?

Yes, that would provide nice context. I'm also hoping to see just the tube as well. Either will do.

P

Patron1960

Jun 12, 2020
Willis TEXAS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Indeed, there's much more to airbox resonators than many people realize. However, in the case of the Honda Pioneer 1000, I think the possibility of hydrolocking the engine due to the increased risk of water ingestion from the air intake design, outweighs the relatively minor sound reduction or performance gains that might be provided.

With this in mind, I'm working on an idea that not only reduces the risks of accidental air intake water ingestion, but also provides a viable solution to the heat problems so many people have experienced. It's actually a pretty slick idea, unlike anything I've seen before. Rather, it's a variation of some previous ideas, but with a new twist.
I’m very interested in this!!

Reactions: CID
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m very interested in this!!
I don’t think this thread will produce anything further on this subject, the OP picked up his ball and went home. 😉

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!