P1000 Almost tipped over

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
How easy is it to tip the P1000 over?
I went out today with the mission to find some of the limits of the machine and see if I could replicate some problems other people have ( i could not).

I ended up on the side of a hill diagonally and got to the point where I could rock the machine by moving back and forth in the seat. The drivers front wheel was slightly in the air - the passenger wheel was towards the top of the hill - drivers rear wheel lower on the hill. I decided to take a picture and call it quits. When I started to get out of the driver's rear wheel began to slip into a dip. Now the adrenaline is going. Put it back in low 4wd diff lock and decide to give it a good push. I figured a soft start would just get me sliding into the dip.

I got out of it fine - but back to my question. Was I close to the limit or do these things stay upright longer than expected.

@PioneerPete 's avatar is a bit tilted too.

Reactions: Digger
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How easy is it to tip the P1000 over?
I went out today with the mission to find some of the limits of the machine and see if I could replicate some problems other people have ( i could not).

I ended up on the side of a hill diagonally and got to the point where I could rock the machine by moving back and forth in the seat. The drivers front wheel was slightly in the air - the passenger wheel was towards the top of the hill - drivers rear wheel lower on the hill. I decided to take a picture and call it quits. When I started to get out of the driver's rear wheel began to slip into a dip. Now the adrenaline is going. Put it back in low 4wd diff lock and decide to give it a good push. I figured a soft start would just get me sliding into the dip.

I got out of it fine - but back to my question. Was I close to the limit or do these things stay upright longer than expected.

@PioneerPete 's avatar is a bit tilted too.
I've had one side off in a rut on purpose to see when it would tip. it never did. I couldn't believe how far over it went without tipping. note, I'm running the stock tire/wheel set up. obviously a lift and larger tires would change that to some extent.

Reactions: ghost
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know I flipped my Rzr 800 4 seat on the first day twice, I flipped my xp900 on the first day once, I haven't even come close to flipping my Honda. With that said I am probably "wiser" than I used to be by more than a little.

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tipping over bothers me more than anything. I've had one front wheel come off the ground and nearly had a heart attack. I keep telling myself I have a ROPS and a seatbelt lol. Driver side low is the worst. I've come really close twice. Guess I'm just a wuss.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tipping over bothers me more than anything. I've had one front wheel come off the ground and nearly had a heart attack. I keep telling myself I have a ROPS and a seatbelt lol. Driver side low is the worst. I've come really close twice. Guess I'm just a wuss.
No not a wuss, just a reality check. Just hope when you come close to doing it again, hope there are a lot of people around to help. Your immediate family would appreciate that. Happy careful trails.

Reactions: Delton
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speaking of turning over, does anyone know if the Honda ROPS is strong enough to sustain a roll over and not completely collapse like the potmetal cages Polaris uses. The will bend if you lean on them. Any type of roll and they are completely trashed.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No not a wuss, just a reality check. Just hope when you come close to doing it again, hope there are a lot of people around to help. Your immediate family would appreciate that. Happy careful trails.
haha... I thought you were gonna say, "hope there are lots of people around to get pictures"!lol

Reactions: lee and Delton
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm always alone cause I ride during the week when most people work. Maybe others can join me when the days get longer. Being alone really governs how I ride lol