P500 An Alaskan Backcountry Rig Build (Slow Build Thread)

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
The roof worked so well I trimmed it up a bit and painted it black. I replaced the wood screws with stainless bolts and lock nuts and added a small gusset in the back area.
IMG 8157

Ignore my garage, its a disaster and there is just $h!*t everywhere. Too much working and no time for anything else lately.
IMG 8158

IMG 8164

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
26"-11"-12" on all four corners.

No high-jack intended.

How do you like the size choice on your P500? Decided to run 11's on all four as well. Can you post up a rundown or PM me? Thanks!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Had to build a quick roof for a last minute moose hunting trip. No moose, but it was a good time.
View attachment 28410
View attachment 28411
I went cheap because the roof was only supposed to be for this one trip. I lined the pipe brackets with some adhesive backed foam and put additional pieces between the wood and ROPS. It held up pretty good through the trip, made no rattles whatsoever.
View attachment 28412

View attachment 28413

View attachment 28414

View attachment 28415
So I'm a bit anxious to remove the rear stabilizer bar because on the way up here I spun out, getting slightly sideways. It only felt like maybe 30 degrees or so from straight uphill, and the front wheel started to come up off the ground and I thought I was going to flip backwards.
View attachment 28416
So I used about 4 gallons of gas (full tank) on this trip. My buddies Viking also used around a full tank, which I think is 13 gallons...
Yep, loose that ASB. Beautiful country you guys enjoy up there!!!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had to build a quick roof for a last minute moose hunting trip. No moose, but it was a good time.
View attachment 28410
View attachment 28411
I went cheap because the roof was only supposed to be for this one trip. I lined the pipe brackets with some adhesive backed foam and put additional pieces between the wood and ROPS. It held up pretty good through the trip, made no rattles whatsoever.
View attachment 28412

View attachment 28413

View attachment 28414

View attachment 28415
So I'm a bit anxious to remove the rear stabilizer bar because on the way up here I spun out, getting slightly sideways. It only felt like maybe 30 degrees or so from straight uphill, and the front wheel started to come up off the ground and I thought I was going to flip backwards.
View attachment 28416
So I used about 4 gallons of gas (full tank) on this trip. My buddies Viking also used around a full tank, which I think is 13 gallons...

I'm surprised I missed this and not sure how I did. I won't give away where you were, but I'm pretty sure I know. I took this pic back in 2004. I love that area, and it's a really fun ride. The last time I rode up there was this past spring, but the creek was running too high to go very far. I look forward to seeing more of your post's and pics. There's enough of us from AK on here now. We should definitely plan a ride sometime in the future. I might head up to Sutton this weekend just to get out and ride around a bit.

PICT0024

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I'm surprised I missed this and not sure how I did. I won't give away where you were, but I'm pretty sure I know. I took this pic back in 2004. I love that area, and it's a really fun ride. The last time I rode up there was this past spring, but the creek was running too high go very far. I look forward to seeing more of your post's and pics. There's enough of us from AK on here now. We should definitely plan I ride sometime in the future. I might head up to Sutton this weekend just to get out and ride around a bit.

Yea, honestly that whole area is not enough of a secret... But it is still one of my favorite places to get out. I won't name it but it is definitely hit HARD during hunting season. We went up early with my friends community hunt tag hoping for an early spike/fork. Unfortunately I was only able to get out that one weekend so this upcoming year I am definitely putting a few weeks on the calendar!

Apparently if you keep going up into the mountains (up the same fork but stay left) they call it the "Money Trail" cause something always breaks!

I'm pretty tied up the next couple weeks at work but I'd definitely be down for a ride sometime. I've never tried to ride Sutton in the winter except on snowmachine. It must get packed down enough then?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!