This is the factory intake 20 talon x4
E17C94DE D26F 45B0 9CAD 52C62998C232

H

hondatalonr

Feb 6, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
The engineering that goes into the weird shapes is what causes the intake to not make noise. They would not do all of that just for heck of it.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The engineering that goes into the weird shapes is what causes the intake to not make noise. They would not do all of that just for heck of it.
I agree, the intake tract is a remarkable and complex bit of engineering on modern vehicles. Knowing that is why I used Hondabob's snorkel idea, it keeps that goofy looking ant farm (photos linked in my sig for the curious).

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Remember Honda is a engine company. They make some of the best (and over-engineered) engines in the world so they know what they are talking about regarding how they designed air intakes.

Last edited:
M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
Also remember that there are a lot of engineers in this world looking to reinvent the wheel when they dont have to. the whole intake is a abortion or after thought. engine and trans is pretty fing cool

H

HondaTech

Air filter and throttle body trumpets aren't going to flow anymore with that vs stock. Unless you delete the whole intake your not flowing anymore into the engine.

Even then the head is probably not flowing enough to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Air filter and throttle body trumpets aren't going to flow anymore with that vs stock. Unless you delete the whole intake your not flowing anymore into the engine.

Even then the head is probably not flowing enough to take advantage of it.
The hole idea behind my intake mod. is the longevity of the stock filter and ease of maintenance $50.00 a filter is pricey and the $500.00 s&b set up a is about twice what I would be willing to pay. Not a performance upgrade.

Reactions: Smitty335
Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
This post is what i based my response on. I assumed by this statement, you were attempting to get more performance from it.
other Posts here at Honda sxs described using at Napa coolant hose,cutting the top of the ant farm, to install a prefilter. Mickey Mouse set up to say the least.this plumbing is clean and easy to do just thought people here would like to see a better way to do it.

Reactions: JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!