Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sometimes his speed is amazing. I don't think anyone else on the track can match his laptimes when he's on it.

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I still say Ricky was stronger mentally. We’ve seen Eli fall apart a few times when things aren’t going his way. I don’t remember that from Ricky, of course he’d just get mad, ride over his head and maybe win or maybe crash so kinda the same thing. Wouldn’t you love to see Eli and Ricky go head to head when they’re both in their prime?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yea I would and throw villopotto in there with them. That would be a race

Reactions: popeye
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sometimes his speed is amazing. I don't think anyone else on the track can match his laptimes when he's on it.
Yep, I have never seen anyone that fast either. He a big strong guy too.If he could pull holeshots we wouldn't even see him. The guy can fall down and have a sandwich and still pass to be in front.
Another thing about Eli is he is going to make a good commentator when he ritires.
But From what I watch I think Roczen and a few others are going to get him indoors

Reactions: Backwoods
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Finally got to watch. Eli did not disappoint. I think he has the championship in the bag barring a major hiccup.

Moto 1 was awesome. I thought when Eli’s roll offs broke he was screwed. Kawi guys did an excellent pit for him.

Moto 2 I think he was not going to try to battle Marv in that mud. Too risky for the championship. I will admit Marv was riding good in moto 2 but I just don’t think Eli was actually trying to catch him either

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree and I think we have a really good motocross of nations team this year with Eli Barcia plessinger this year I think team USA has a good chance.Also heard them say Frenchy did not get asked to be on team France I guess he has burned some bridges or they did not want him taking people out on his way to the front.

Reactions: Rayrule and Tflynn
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has been hard to comment on races due hacked up work schedule like yesterday's 22 hour fix when some idiot took out a 115 kv line .I am tired
20180812 205536

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep, I have never seen anyone that fast either. He a big strong guy too.If he could pull holeshots we wouldn't even see him. The guy can fall down and have a sandwich and still pass to be in front.
Another thing about Eli is he is going to make a good commentator when he ritires.
But From what I watch I think Roczen and a few others are going to get him indoors
I think Roczen is more than capable and will be ready but so is Eli I think it will make a great heated season and the monster cup will be a sneak preview. I think Marvin has peaked and what you see is all he's got he is what 28 now .

Reactions: Delton and swsebek
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think Roczen is more than capable and will be ready but so is Eli I think it will make a great heated season and the monster cup will be a sneak preview. I think Marvin has peaked and what you see is all he's got he is what 28 now .
I agree with comment on Marvin. As far as he's gonna get. Kinda like Webb. What a disappointment he is. Wonder what team is gonna pick him up next year?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree with you guys on Marv. I don’t see a SX title for him. If anything I would have said he might get an outdoor title, and I guess technically he still can. But there’s no doubt as long as Eli is out there Marv is the number 2 guy. You could tell he’s pissed that he’s not on team France, which did surprise me.

@Delton you think Webb is done? Isn’t he still pretty young? Honestly I don’t see him as a future champion but he’s still in his big boy class transitional period I thought

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with you guys on Marv. I don’t see a SX title for him. If anything I would have said he might get an outdoor title, and I guess technically he still can. But there’s no doubt as long as Eli is out there Marv is the number 2 guy. You could tell he’s pissed that he’s not on team France, which did surprise me.

@Delton you think Webb is done? Isn’t he still pretty young? Honestly I don’t see him as a future champion but he’s still in his big boy class transitional period I thought
Not necessarily done. Maybe has a win or two in store but nowhere near where he was expected .This guy was a madman in 250 class clearly stomping everybody. Then nothing. He may be one of those riders that has to find the right ride. I despised his smartass ways in 250 class

Reactions: Rayrule and Tflynn
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nations is on US soil this year isn't it? If so, we gonna represent!!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not necessarily done. Maybe has a win or two in store but nowhere near where he was expected .This guy was a madman in 250 class clearly stomping everybody. Then nothing. He may be one of those riders that has to find the right ride. I despised his smartass ways in 250 class
Kind of like Mike alessi almost. An ok rider surrounded by hype that got a bad attitude because everyone told him he was the next big thing. Just didn't quite have the skills to run in the premier class. I used to love to watch Alessi get a hole shot then slide back to tenth place within a lap or so.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I. Don't like Webb's attitude either. I think the 450 at this point is to much for him. The motocross of nations is oct.7 .

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kind of like Mike alessi almost. An ok rider surrounded by hype that got a bad attitude because everyone told him he was the next big thing. Just didn't quite have the skills to run in the premier class. I used to love to watch Alessi get a hole shot then slide back to tenth place within a lap or so.
Alessi is the all time holeshot king.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha because he weighed 50 lbs. less than anyone on the line!
True. Plus I think he pioneered the 3rd gear take off. Then Andrew Short started doing it and he started getting holeshot lol. I always liked him

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!